Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Spoils of War" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    I'm sorry but it would be idiotic to destroy the Asurans now.

They brought them only in last season. Featured them a few times. At the end, they were trying to get to Earth but were blocked.

Next they re-start the war against the Wraith. Only to be killed off after only appearing in a handful of eps in the following season.

If they kill the Asurans off totally or largely then it will prove they have no clue of what they're doing.

They done the same thing in SG-1 with the Ori. Gave them a whole season, a little bit in the following season. Then wham, the magic button gets hit & they're all gone in an instant.

So I hope this isn't a cop-out in which they get something magical at the last minute & kill them all or nearly all of them off!
    If they do get rid of them for good, which I'm not convinced they will, although I'm also hoping for a non-cliche episode ending, with a few stray blocks reassembling or whatever, it would show that they aren't following SG-1 as many people have complained that they are. It took years for SG-1 to crush those replicators. And as for dealing with the Ori that quickly, I thought the plotline revolved around the Ori and their followers not just the ascended spirits. And the plot revolving around them had to be cut down following the news it was not going to be continued as a tv show. Although I was kinda hoping the film would be longer than two episodes.
    sigpic
    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
      I'm sorry but it would be idiotic to destroy the Asurans now.

They brought them only in last season. Featured them a few times. At the enbd, they were trying to get to Earth but were blocked.

Next they re-start the war against the Wraith. Only to be killed off after only appearing in a handful of eps in the following season.

If they kill the Asurans off totally or largely then it will prove they have no clue of what they're doing.

They done the same thing in SG-1 with the Ori. Gave them a whole season, a little bit in the following season. Then wham, the magic button gets hit & they're all gone in an instant.

So I hope this isn't a cop-out in which they get something magical at the last minute & kill them all or nearly all of them off!
      I hope not either. I'm afraid that they're going to find a "Pegasus Dakara weapon" and use that to get all the Replicator warships destroyed.

But WHAT happens with the 50-100 Aurora class warships after the Asurans are gone? Will they get destoryed? I hope that Earth takes them but it probably won't happen just like the SGC didn't claim the hundreds of Replicator-modified Ha'taks after "Reckoning".

"This Mortal Coil" - "Be All My Sins Remember'd" and possibly "Spoils of War" is sounding like "Recknoning".

I was hoping that in "Spoils of War" that

Spoiler:
      That the team captures Asuran warships or Asuras instead of a hive ship, but we'll have to wait until the episode airs to find out for sure if capturing a hive ship is a big deal or not

Vala,

Comment

I too was hoping that they would get an Aurora from it, but had a feeling that if htey got anything from it they would get something Wraith.
        sigpic
        If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
        I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ashman2 View Post
          If they do get rid of them for good, which I'm not convinced they will, although I'm also hoping for a non-cliche episode ending, with a few stray blocks reassembling or whatever, it would show that they aren't following SG-1 as many people have complained that they are. It took years for SG-1 to crush those replicators. And as for dealing with the Ori that quickly, I thought the plotline revolved around the Ori and their followers not just the ascended spirits. And the plot revolving around them had to be cut down following the news it was not going to be continued as a tv show. Although I was kinda hoping the film would be longer than two episodes.
          I hope they don't not this quick. I agree with the last part too the Ori needed way more than what we got it could have lasted many more seasons but I never expected the movie to be much longer than it is but I'm just glad we are getting a resolution.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

mods, if there's already a thread, please feel to combine it but the search feature said it didn't exist, and I went back several pages....

Anyhoo,

http://remote.lohudblogs.com/2008/01/04/queen-bees/

In “Spoils,” a pregnant Teyla Emmagan (Rachel Luttrell) — Pregnant? Really? I have to start paying more attention to this show — must stay behind, while Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Dr. Rodney Mackay (David Hewlett) and Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) explore a heretofore unknown planet crucial to the Wraith, the Atlantis team’s great, insect-like enemy. But Teyla — who possesses the Wraith gene without their hive mentality — has other ideas, and when the guys find themselves about to become a tasty repast for the Wraith Queen, Teyla uses telepathy to take her on while trying to protect her unborn child.

Without giving any more of the plot away, it’s an episode that’s all about female power — and the centrality of fertility to that power. Luttrell, a Tanzanian-born actress raised in Canada, is front and center here, and the compassionate strength she brings to Teyla really shines.

There’s also a nice sexual tension between Teyla and the genially commanding John Sheppard (center above), although I often wondered if he was smitten with Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson, also pictured), MIA thanks to the Replicators, the show’s robotic villains.

Comment

Right here.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                *@X!*! stupid search feature. Thanks.

Comment

http://remote.lohudblogs.com/2008/01/04/queen-bees/

In “Spoils,” a pregnant Teyla Emmagan (Rachel Luttrell) — Pregnant? Really? I have to start paying more attention to this show — must stay behind, while Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan), Dr. Rodney Mackay (David Hewlett) and Ronon Dex (Jason Momoa) explore a heretofore unknown planet crucial to the Wraith, the Atlantis team’s great, insect-like enemy. But Teyla — who possesses the Wraith gene without their hive mentality — has other ideas, and when the guys find themselves about to become a tasty repast for the Wraith Queen, Teyla uses telepathy to take her on while trying to protect her unborn child.

Without giving any more of the plot away, it’s an episode that’s all about female power — and the centrality of fertility to that power. Luttrell, a Tanzanian-born actress raised in Canada, is front and center here, and the compassionate strength she brings to Teyla really shines.

There’s also a nice sexual tension between Teyla and the genially commanding John Sheppard (center above), although I often wondered if he was smitten with Dr. Elizabeth Weir (Torri Higginson, also pictured), MIA thanks to the Replicators, the show’s robotic villains.

Comment

Great! Go Teyla, saving the day! I like how the abilities that come with her Wraith genes have grown through out the series. I'm actually suprised that this ep focuses on her, I think it's great

Comment

does this mean Weir is MIA at the end of SoW?
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I think it's in reference to the pic in the article...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          does this mean Weir is MIA at the end of SoW?
                          She's probably with Ford Gone and definitely forgotten....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            She's probably with Ford Gone and definitely forgotten....
                            yeah I think so too although I still believe there's the possibility of seeing her again in s5 for an ep or so. I was only wondering if the person was confirming that Weir's MIA at the end of SoW or if it was just a general statement based on the facts we have now
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Weir is defiently not out of the picture ~_^

Comment

Originally posted by Vash View Post
                                Weir is defiently not out of the picture ~_^
                                I agree
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X