X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode.

Nicely paced.

Liked all the character interactions.

McKay - unrequited lust, hehe , Rodney, Rodney, Rodney. The year is 2007, your name is Rodney McKay, you are in the Pegasus galaxy, if you need any further orientation to REALITY, please let me know. McKay is delusional, but in a charming, rascally way.

Ronon, FANTASTIC job. Nice gamut of emotions – loyalty, betrayal, friendship, murder, heartbreak, and re-evaluation of priorities. Perfect. Loved it and Momoa did a great job. This is the kind of relationship and character insight stuff I love.

Carter – welcome to leadership. Wow. Rough first day. Sweet scene with an always supportive Teal'c, then she is on her own. No-one to vent to, no sounding boards, no close friends, and some tough leadership calls from the get-go.

2 ships worked as a decoy for the wraith? A little unbelievable, but whatever, I still liked it.

A replicator on the loose? Oh – oh. Problemo.

Overall, very enjoyable, my daughter was cheering out loud for the team running from the wraith, she hasn’t done that in a while!

Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
    Quint Studer

Comment

7 out of 10 for the episode:

Really, I enjoyed many things about this episode:

1. Carter's opening discussion and interaciton with the characters and John and Rodney's leading the way for everyone to accept her. I also appreciated that Ronan would challenge her right to be there (although, I didn't think he was right that Elizabeth would have allowed them into the City where Sam wouldn't). Overall, Carter's role in previous episodes was less than lackluster, but in this episode she stepped up in a big way and it was nice to see...

(1 BIG EXCEPTION!!! This was NOT her place to go off world with a gun to rescue Sheppard. That was Lorne's job to do. Rememember O'Neill? Remember Hammond? Remember Dr. Weir? You don't send the leader of the expedition out on a dangerous rescue mission. I agree that she should be getting off world more, but NOT in this type of scenario. That's not her job anymore, even as she said it.... She's NOT on SG-1 anymore.... Think Season 8 with Jack. Sorry!)

2. I love Ronan-period. He was fantastic. The fight scenes, learning more about his people, and his priorities and loyalties. 10 out of 10 to J.M. for a fantastic episode on his part.

3. I don't have any unhappiness at all towards Teyla. I didn't think she did any better or worse than any other episode she's been in. However, I'll admit that I thought the "Stay Strong, Rodney" thing sounded a bit cheesy.

4. Rodney, really I enjoyed his character as much as I always do. I would also object that Carter is the foremost expert on ancient technology. I think that would go to Rodney at this point. Carter definitely has him beat on the Replicators, but I would challenge the ancient knowledge comment. I really did love his reactions to Carter's coming throughout. Although, it would have been nice to see a little remorse about Elizabeth, but I'll admit that I don't think that that is his way.

5. Sheppard--10 out of 10 for what he was given. This wasn't a "him" centered episode, which is fine. He did great for his role and I love him bringing up the "Weir thing isn't over". However, I'm surprised none of you remembered that Sheppard has had this conversation with Weir before in Season 1 when he wanted to go after Sumner and Elizabeth turned him down. Did anyone else notice the huge similarities there? (Unfortunately, I also remember what happened to Sumner! Let's hope this is where the similarities stop!)

Alright, that's my two cents.... Take it or leave it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
        7 out of 10 for the episode:

Really, I enjoyed many things about this episode:

1. Carter's opening discussion and interaciton with the characters and John and Rodney's leading the way for everyone to accept her. I also appreciated that Ronan would challenge her right to be there (although, I didn't think he was right that Elizabeth would have allowed them into the City where Sam wouldn't). Overall, Carter's role in previous episodes was less than lackluster, but in this episode she stepped up in a big way and it was nice to see...

(1 BIG EXCEPTION!!! This was NOT her place to go off world with a gun to rescue Sheppard. That was Lorne's job to do. Rememember O'Neill? Remember Hammond? Remember Dr. Weir? You don't send the leader of the expedition out on a dangerous rescue mission. I agree that she should be getting off world more, but NOT in this type of scenario. That's not her job anymore, even as she said it.... She's NOT on SG-1 anymore.... Think Season 8 with Jack. Sorry!)

2. I love Ronan-period. He was fantastic. The fight scenes, learning more about his people, and his priorities and loyalties. 10 out of 10 to J.M. for a fantastic episode on his part.

3. I don't have any unhappiness at all towards Teyla. I didn't think she did any better or worse than any other episode she's been in. However, I'll admit that I thought the "Stay Strong, Rodney" thing sounded a bit cheesy.

4. Rodney, really I enjoyed his character as much as I always do. I would also object that Carter is the foremost expert on ancient technology. I think that would go to Rodney at this point. Carter definitely has him beat on the Replicators, but I would challenge the ancient knowledge comment. I really did love his reactions to Carter's coming throughout. Although, it would have been nice to see a little remorse about Elizabeth, but I'll admit that I don't think that that is his way.

5. Sheppard--10 out of 10 for what he was given. This wasn't a "him" centered episode, which is fine. He did great for his role and I love him bringing up the "Weir thing isn't over". However, I'm surprised none of you remembered that Sheppard has had this conversation with Weir before in Season 1 when he wanted to go after Sumner and Elizabeth turned him down. Did anyone else notice the huge similarities there? (Unfortunately, I also remember what happened to Sumner! Let's hope this is where the similarities stop!)

Alright, that's my two cents.... Take it or leave it.
        It has been mentioned previously.
        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
          Leaders of huge military operations/expeditions do not put themselves in harm's way. As leader, Sam shouldn't even go off-world unless the situation calls for it!

Even if Rodney wasn't her equal, she would have no reason to! Because as the leader, she's supposed to stay back on Atlantis and do administrative work and leadery things and most of all: Not put herself on the front line when engaging hostile, etc.

There's a reason why Jack, Hammond, Landry and Elizabeth almost never went off world as leaders. Because it'd be stupid.

So Sam won't be tripping over any Ancient tech or blasting any Wraith ass unless it happens in Atlantis.
          Yeah I was thinking why is the leader of Atlantis, the head of the Science team, the head of the military(John), the leader of the Athosions(teyla), and the second in command of the science team(zelanca) all in a sceret Wraith base on a rescue mission or being held captive.

And I also asked questions about when Ronans friends seem to know all about a secret Wraith base. I mean where did they get the intel that would'nt be a Wraith, how many people can escape from the Wraith and live to talk about yet know where everything is.

Just a couple of questions. Still a great episode.

Comment

Leaders of huge military operations/expeditions do not put themselves in harm's way. As leader, Sam shouldn't even go off-world unless the situation calls for it!

Even if Rodney wasn't her equal, she would have no reason to! Because as the leader, she's supposed to stay back on Atlantis and do administrative work and leadery things and most of all: Not put herself on the front line when engaging hostile, etc.

There's a reason why Jack, Hammond, Landry and Elizabeth almost never went off world as leaders. Because it'd be stupid.

So Sam won't be tripping over any Ancient tech or blasting any Wraith ass unless it happens in Atlantis.
            She was in full fight mode too. I know she has the experience, but what good would it do to get another one killed? But we know that's not the point.
            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              Yeah you misunderstood. As Ruffies said, they never made clear why Ronon was never fed upon. Ruffies may be right in her statement as to Ronon's abilities and strength. I personally think they chose him because he might have that chromosome mentioned way back when in Poisoning the Well.

*waves like a crazed maniac* to RUFFIES!!!

Although I thought it looked like Ronon saw 300 and decided to do a painting on that.

http://blog.eches.net/images/300.jpg
              or
              http://brightcove.vo.llnwd.net/d2/un...df20d7a498.jpg

But if I remember correctly Queensryche had an album cover like that (it's a heavy metal band I liked a lot during the 80s..and they were far from bad). Unfortunately I can't find the album cover I'm looking for, but they had one similar to the poster.
              You crack me up! I had never considered Ronon actually painting, but I love the idea that he might especially a visual from a movie.

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
              You make a good point on Sheppard testing the waters. He just didn’t seem as persistent on this emotional issue as this character has been in the past. But as stated the character has seen some understated growth and is a little more thoughtful and tactical this year. This is a great change in the character that I appreciate and the "testing the waters" would certainly be a very real thing someone would do.
              I love that John asked to go on a mission to retrieve Weir. I love that Carter listened to his argument and gave a well-thought out argument in return for not letting him go.

There's a big difference in the situation here and in Rising, and I think Sheppard realizes it. In Rising, they had no idea who the Wraith were or how badly things could go wrong. They were trying to protect the information about Atlantis and Earth and leaving their people in enemy hands would negate that. And the Wraith would never expect them to come looking for their people.

In Weir's case, they know exactly who the Asurans are and how dangerous they can be. They have no way of stealthily infiltrating the city and no way to find Weir if they do (and who knows how she would react now since the replicators have had time to rewrite her nanite programming). The Asurans already know Atlantis exists and the location of Earth. Sheppard's team getting caught would only result in Atlantis' location being revealed again.

Carter makes the right decision, and John can see the logic in it. He doesn't have to like the fact that the risk is too great, but he is the one that placed Atlantis over Weir in Adrift and Lifeline. It is in character for him to do so again.

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
              The "I am seeing someone" line was pointless but it was the only black spot in all of this. I mean, Rodney is a grown man and he has to know that Carter isn´t interested in him.
              I saw this a little differently. I don't think McKay imagines Sam has the hots for him. I think he was trying in his socially inept way to say that he wasn't going to be hitting on her all the time anymore since they were going to be working together. He simply used Katie as a way to say it.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
              One scene I really loved: When the rescue team arrives at the Wraith lab, Ronon not only keeps an eye but also his hand on Zelenka's back. I like it when the tough guys protect the scientists! *g*
              Loved that.

Originally posted by Arlessiar View Post
              It's too soon. Heck, look how long it took Teyla or RODNEY to call Sheppard by his first name!
              But Teyla is much more formal than Sam and Rodney is much more emotionally dysfunctional (and the way they wrote him calling Shep "John" led me to believe he does it all the time and we've just never seen it on screen before). Sam has been acquainted with John for a year or so now. I'm sure in his 6 weeks at the SGC (The Return) that they had to have run into each other. They would have been the same rank then and it would have been natural for them to call each other by their first names (like she and Cam did). She's been promoted since then and it wouldn't be proper for him to call her Sam (on the clock anyway) but as his CO she can certainly continue to call him John. And the "Colonel" "Colonel" bit would get old in a hurry.

Sam is a friendly person and rarely calls anyone (except Rodney) by their last name. She only referred to her superiors by their titles. I think it was meant to show that she and Sheppard have already established a friendly working relationship.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                She was in full fight mode too. I know she has the experience, but what good would it do to get another one killed? But we know that's not the point.
                Logic has never been the PTB's strong point.

Comment

"Rising", Pt II. The Balcony scene with Elizabeth and John - he wants to save everyone who got captured by the wraith.
                  Weir: "I will not authorise a rescue mission unless I am sure there is at least a remote chance of success."

"Reunion", the Balcony scene with Carter and John - he wants to go rescue Elizabeth.
                  Carter: "I will not authorise a rescue mission unless I am sure there is at least a remote chance of success."

LOSERS!!!

Comment

It's a word-for-word quote?!?!?! My God that's pathetic!

Comment

Well there's another way to look at this. Existing SGA fans might find the similarities or the blatant duplication; but the new fans will not. The line worked well 3 years ago, and they're hoping it would work again.

I am playing devils advocate.
                      sig made by me

Comment

this was a great episode! I give it a 8.5/10

teyla in the begining of the episode was awesome.I loved her scene in the bar.

teal'c saying goodbye to sam at the SGC was wonderful and i was so glad that he ended the conversation with indeed. I can't wait to see him in midway.

Sam's speech..why? Weir's speeches sucked enough, why put us through another crappy speech?I've had enough of them to last a lifetime.

sam going off with ronon on the op was fantastic. It's so nice to see the leader of atlantis fighting side by side with her team. One of the reasons why i never like weir was because she stayed behind the desk to much. She didn't understand anything about how the military side of atlantis worked so she shoved all that work over to sheppard.Officially Weir was the leader of atlantis, Unoffically it was Weir and Sheppard leading atlantis. I like the fact that sam is a soldier and a scientist.She can effectively lead and understand both sides which is something that weir couldn't do. Granted that's the only thing like about carter.

the ronon fight scene was really cool. An it was great to see some human wriath interaction without it involving sucking their life out of their body.

Again..zelenka was great as usual i loved his reaction when he thought mckay was going to be the leader of atlantis.

All in all it was a really good episode.

Comment

Actually she said "You come up with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding." Which is basically the same thing. And that whole scene is a cheap copy of the scene in Rising II. Pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                            Actually she said "You come up with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding." Which is basically the same thing. And that whole scene is a cheap copy of the scene in Rising II. Pisses me off.
                            Not to mention hypocritical.

She has no problem mounting a rescue mission (with herself on the front line!) later and she had no problems going to great lengths to mount rescue missions for Jack when he was in similar situations with similar odds!

Comment

omg the wraith set was amazing on this one

Comment

Not to mention hypocritical.

She has no problem mounting a rescue mission (with herself on the front line!) later and she had no problems going to great lengths to mount rescue missions for Jack when he was in similar situations with similar odds!
                                EXACTLY. This just tells me TPTB decided to let amanda take over and not have the successful characters in the episodes.. like in a rescue episode.
                                Besides, the speech she gave? Pathetic!

Comment

Working...
                                X