This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
    didnt he figure out how to save shepperd in 38 minutes?? that was the 4th episode of s1

Actually Shep figured out how to save himself. Shep thought of the defibrillator to stop his heart, to convince the Iratus bug that much was over and to let go of Shep's neck.

Then Ford took the next step by releasing the emergency hatch, and then Carson and his medical team revived Shep.

Team effort once again.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
      The oxygen tanks scene was so wrong and not believable.
      Though I doubt in normal circumstances an oxygen tank would fly around, it was raised up several feet onto a level surface and it only remained in the air for a short time (and after bouncing off a wall as well). And the force of an air tank suddenly breaking open is tremendous. While I was still working in a vet clinic, my supervisor warned me to be careful with the oxygen tanks (used for surgery) because they could blow a hole through at least one wall (probably more) and seriously injure/damage everything and everyone in the surrounding area in a short amount of time. Also, Oxygen tanks are only as heavy as the metal used to make them. Obviously, air doesn't weigh any noticeable amount. And Ronon picked the tank up with relative ease (I've picked up smaller tanks easily as well, and I'm not very strong). Obviously it's no balloon, but it was in the air for such a short time that it seemed believable enough to me, especially with the force the air creates to propel it.

I could be wrong though. I have a healthy respect for oxygen tanks and little knowledge of physics. XD

As for everything else, I liked it for the most part. Many things were odd or forced though (I will agree). I thought Ronon and Keller were cute, but a bit overdone and forced in some parts. I do think they have possibilities though. (And I like Keller. Of course she's whiny, etc, but she's a young-un, and I don't think she has much experience. She even states a few times that she doesn't believe she's cut out for the job. She's obviously not very confidant, even if she is a genius child. (Also, geniuses sometimes have a very hard time dealing with the real world, as seen by some of our favorite Stargate scientists). It's not surprising to me that she's timid, never had much socializing, and has little confidence. And as far as I'm concerned, we need to have a different sort of character every once in awhile (also, I loved Jewel's character in Firefly, so I'm a tad biased. XD))

Teyla's fine, as long as she's not actually climbing anything. She's sure-footed, and has had time to get used to the weight of the baby. Far as I'm concerned, she just wanted to make sure John made it.

As for Mckay. Well...overdone and forced again. But I did feel sorry for him. So much worry! And then believing he's sick on top of that. Not surprised he would collapse. I believe Katie's opened her eyes now. Poor them. I don't like or dislike her though, so I don't really care. >.>

I liked this episode overall. Not a good one for plotish things though. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
        Over time, his attitude would definitely destroy a wall flower like Katie.
        Calling a bontanist a wallflower...so punny.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Meh...kinda a boring episode....climing up the tower was kinda cool, but the rest was just filler and it was a money saving episode... 7/10
          sigpic

Comment

Well I decided I would grit my teeth and watch it... C'mon I need my Hewlett fix! *what I won't do for that man*

Anyway total filler ep! Not surprised as it is yet another Carl Binder episode. Really for all we learned of the characters it was filler.

Keller I loved, but then I love Keller! Ronon was not a complete caveman so that wasn't too bad but why tptb need to tease folks with kiss/not kiss moments is well it is JUVENTILE... what are we 12?!

Carter was good with Radek, Radek was Rodney... every moment I kept thinking if that wasn't Carter they would have had Rodney there... I think in the end the only reason it was Radek is because too many fans *looks at self* would have screamed blue murder if it had of been Carter locked up with Rodney... so basically "tonight's role of Rodney McKay will be played by Radek Zelenka"

Sheppard, hmm, not sure how I feel about his interactions with Rodney yet, will have to study that (a lot) later. Teyla I am really worried about, she is so the nothing more then pregnant female now. I knew it would happen but man was that fast!

Lorne... I just really love Lorne. He could do nothing say nothing and there would be the love.

Chuck... see above.

Katie and Rodney... well it wasn't as bad as some have commented, but it was pretty out of character if you ask me. To be fair to Rodney and Carl I think the problem is that for Rodney he actually believed there was a problem, a virus or disease that would kill him and he was totally powerless to even try (therefore keep himself occupied) to stop it... in other words his worst nightmare!

I don't like the way he was written here, I think it was too much and over blown and really seemed forced to have him behave like this, behave like this after everything he has gone through. Reset Rodney and then have the nerve (as a writer) to have Rodney say what he said about himself at the end... like I, as a fan of the character should just shut up because hey Rodney sees his flaws... frak that!

But anyway... if it meant the end of the Katie thing then paint me ecstatic it happen!

I am pretty sure they will break up if it hasn't already happened plus... spoilers Trio.
            Spoiler:
            given that in Trio Rodney flirts with Carter... well it would be really bad form even for Rodney to do that if he is still with Katie.

Not that tptb wouldn't go there.

Two things that made no sense and sorry if people have pointed these out... Sheppard easily broke the window! A window that in the past had to with-stand the pressures of water and space... even with a shield that is a little hard to believe he just hit it once and it broke!? He hit it with a lightweight stool and it broke!

I don't think so.

Secondly he hit the window and it broke! Why didn't the death nell... the countdown alarm thingy start up the minute he broke the first window?

Comment

Enjoyable episode, with several good chuckles, and one yelling at the screen.

So glad that we didn't a Cartwright solution to the Rodney/Katie relationship. I think Rodney felt he was ready for that next step -- and then realized that he wasn't. To be able to make that realization takes character growth as well. I do agree that Rodney needs a relationship partner that has a character at least as strong as his, if not stronger, to keep in him line.

Loved the bit with cactus and Rodney coughing.

Absolutely loved the Shep and Teyla and the Carter and Zelenka scenes in this episode. I thought it was interesting how Shep and Teyla continued their conversation about Teyla being on his team, as it addressed an issue brought in last week's discussion on SOW -- what would happen to Teyla's son if Teyla was KIA.

So cool that the baby kicked, and John thinking (at first) that he shouldn't have teased Teyla about going into labor! And then Teyla taking John's hand to place on her abdomen so that he could feel the baby kicking.

Screamed at the tv when Teyla climbed out on that ledge! Fortunately, Teyla must have heard me, because she went back into the lab.

Zelenka peeking down Sam's blouse and then checking out her butt. LOL!

And LOVED having SG1 Carter back in this episode!

The Ronon and Keller scenes in the infirmary were nice, and I loved how at the end of the episode both Shep and Teyla knew that Ronon and Keller hadn't been idle while they were trapped.

I was also bemused by the glass being breakable with a chair hurled through it. One would think that the Ancients would be clever enough to use stronger glass for a city that could fly through space or sink beneath the surface of an ocean. Shields are wonderful, but as we've seen in "Rising," and "Adrift," things happen.

And then...that time worn writer's loophole (shades of Voyage Under the Sea and the Seaview...oy!) -- the air vents! But I loved Zelenka and his muttering in Czech, Carter's faith in him, and then Carter's quiet praise of him at the end of the episode. And what a lovely smile David Nykl has!

(By the way, the Chevron 26 web site:

http://www.chevron26.com/estart1.html

has a video of a David Nykl commercial...where he takes a shower. Go to: Downloads, Stargate Atlantis, Other Video Clips and:

Nykl Commercial
              David Nykl tries to take a hot shower

Submitted 01/13/08.

File Type: avi
              File Size: 2186 KB )

Wonderful to see Lorne, and marvelous to finally have Chuck get more to do in an episode.

All in all, I'd give this episode 7 out of 10 flying oxygen tanks.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Good ep, basically agree on most above comments.

The glass was ridiculous! That glass was so stage-glass. In reality he would need to take that chair and hit it against the glass like 30 times to get a good crack. One hit would den't but it would increase until the glass had so many splits it appears abit gooy... because shattered glass thats still intac't is slightly bendable...

Mckay a little over played, feel a bit sad for him yet glad they kinda broke up because McSam forever!

Comment

Just one thing - can anyone explain to me why Zelenka doesn´t have any promo photos? He is in more episodes than Keller, he has been there for four years now and he still doens´t have any promo photos while Keller has?
                  He saved the day today, he was great in this episode...

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
                    True, I mean if he could barely climb up, how could they climb down?!
                    They used Lorne's C4 to blow holes in the doors, they never climbed down. The dialogue confirm it ("We used the last of the C4..."). The problem was, they managed to ration it so they got down to Carter and Zelenka, but they had no more to keep going.

Comment

all round good character development episode. much needed alot of action and main story development. its important for character development to take place coz then more jokes can breed from it and more new avenues can b formed in regular sci-fi action episodes

from the begining of the episode when ronan comes in to sort his hand out n kellar goes "u've been in her 3 times this week", i thought them 2 should get together. i mean a perfect match man, he's kick ass warrior who fights to the end and she can heal him, she's too soft and he's solid! plus they're both hot, i aint gay but i also aint blind ronan must get loadsa women. plus his hairs f**kin cool man wish i could pull that off

and yeah zelenka should get opening credits promo he's paid his atlantis dues. but i guess he's not considered a main plot line character he's in a supporting role. but still they can't kill him off, it wud b just too much after what happened to Beckitt

Comment

Quarantine - a complete waste of time except for the part with Zelenka staring at Carter's boobs...

Comment

This episode is a hilarious one, major character developments there, I love how they all interact differently to the situation, at one point, everybody all hoping the other would be working on the situation. Zelenka staring down at Carter's breasts and getting semi-fried by the transporter's control panel, Sheppard remembering McKay's big ass passcode! Rodney going all hypertensive, LOL All good.

Personally, I love seeing Atlantis go into lockdown mode and the alarm being broadcasted throughout the city and the bit where the bulkhead slammed down sealing off McKay's office from rest of the city was really cool. I also love the scene where you see McKay trying to open the door with a small spade, HA HA!

Sheppard has really matured when you can tell he is willing to take responsibility for Teyla and her baby and with that, use that courage to climb up 4 floors outside, god, he has such strong upper-body strength!

Ronan and Keller, well who knew! HA HA Kudos to Zelenka

Unfortunately, it's a pity that McKay didn't get engaged to Katie Brown and the "bye" had such finality, I doubt Katie would ever want to see him ever again cos, she obviously wanted to get married to him and McKay being a typical dumb guy (socially), decided to go on the whole, "I'm not ready" speech when in actual fact, he is ready. Marriage is what I regard the bond for life despite any shortcomings as your partner is there to make you stronger.

Brilliant episode! 10/10

EDIT: To those complaining about Keller, if one gets a Bachelor Degree before voting age (18 years old??) that says something and unfortunately for many brain-whizz kids in the real world, social-inhibitions does occur so back off already! Ronan obviously likes her cos of her ability to do her duty and he can appreciate that as he was a leader of his military group, plus she reminds him of his dead girlfriend.
                          Last edited by JackHarkness_Hot; 19 January 2008, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                            I thought so too. I never liked that relationship (and never liked her), but I felt sorry for her here. I am so disappointed in Rodney.

I would hope she wouldn't just forgive and forget. I think it was meant to give her a glimpse into what life with Rodney would be like. Not very appealing to say the least, although I still think Rodney was shown at his WORST. I got the impression that the writers were telling us that he didn't "deserve" her. :sigh:

This might be my least favorite ep of the season, which is odd for a character ep. I usually like them.
                            I also definitely think the relationship is over. It is a bit sad but, ummmmmm being a realistic (some might call negative) person myself...

How was Rodney going to live with that bright sunshiney person that essentially rejected reality for the 'Everything is going to be alright' way of thinking.

I personally found her oblivion more upsetting than McKay's realism.

For that reason, I couldn't see it working between them long term.

He rather needs someone a bit more like Carter-- Someone that can help him problem solve through the daily issues of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium118 View Post
                              I liked the episode. It's what I call a "funny" episode, as opposed to a "story" episode. I won't do a review, just point out a few funny moments.

- When Zelenka stares at Carter's boobs
                              - When McKay feel awkward because Katie says her plant grows "bigger and bigger..."
                              - Zelenka's pigeons
                              - 42: Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything
                              and a few others.

Katie's plant growing 'bigger and bigger' was too funny. For a moment I thought she was making an inappropriate sex joke but then I realized she was just being a botany geek and oblivious to the sexual aspect of her comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Kribby View Post
                                Katie's plant growing 'bigger and bigger' was too funny. For a moment I thought she was making an inappropriate sex joke but then I realized she was just being a botany geek and oblivious to the sexual aspect of her comments.
                                That was hilarious and the way, "It gets bigger and bigger" comment was said too! LMAO

Comment

Working...
                                X