This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very enjoyable episode.

i laughed many times and even squirmed when sheppard was climbing about outside atlantis. (have a fear of heights so it was mega squirming)

mckay... no matter how nice katie is, i have a feeling she'd try to kill him within 1 year if they got married. ((()))

ronon and keller are cute! nice to learn some more about keller.

i LOVED zelenka's reaction to sam taking off her jacket. of course, he happened to turn towards her *right* when she was puffing out her chest to take the jacket off. i won't say poor zelenka.

teyla seems much bigger now. how much time has passed? i liked sheppard's fear of teyla going into labor. but he's got it wrong. if she went into labor, it would be SUPER painful and SUPER gory and she'd be in labor for a SUPER long time.

i soooo loved seeing sam in this ep. i missed her in last week's.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gravelgerdie View Post
      It sounded to me at the end that the relationship with Rodney and Kate is over. That goodbye, that sounded like goodbye forever.
      it sounded that way to me too. it's mckay's reaction to it that gave me the impression, because you could see it suddenly hitting him that she was saying goodbye to their relationship.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
        Pretty good episode, I have a fondness for Atlantis "in-house" episodes.
        oh, me too! i feel atlantis is another character on the show. and she's shipped with everyone, because everyone's in love with her. but atlantis is cool!

Rodney trying to propose was exactly how I would have pictured it, but I am kinda glad that they decided to wait because I dont think Mckay would be the charactar he is with a wife, a girlfriend yes, wife not so much. Its not that I mind him trying to open up to people and be nicer and everything but in this episode we saw more of the old snappy mckay and I think that threw Katie a little bit.
        i also think that as much as katie is good for mckay, over a period of time, mckay wouldn't be good for katie. she's too gentle to be able to take him without him dragging her down. she might change (negatively) too much to get to a strong enough level. but then again, i don't know her character well enough.

sally
        Last edited by majorsal; 18 January 2008, 11:09 PM.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post

Teyla - I love her this year, but all that talk about protecting her baby the last few weeks, and she stupidly goes out to get fresh air? Hey writers, I can understand her worries, but a quick look up from the broken window would have been fine, but having her stand out on the ledge? That was just dumb.
          at first i was getting mad at her, then i realized that teyla was still thinking as a non pregnant woman. it seems very hard for her to pull back and not take care of herself and everything around her. but she realized that maybe she could climb that cliff (atlantis), but her baby would be in danger so she stopped.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Yeah as she stepped out there I was like "Telya! your to front heavy go back go back!!"
            BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
              Now we get to the cringe-worthy Keller and Ronon scenes. Seriously, what does he see in a nervous, crybaby, whiny-butt girl? She sits bragging about how she got through school so young because she was so smart, but, oh dear, poor baby just didn't get invited to parties, or some such nonsense? I have no idea what she actually said, because that conversation was so embarrassing for those two, I couldn't stand to watch it. That was my run-for-a-snack moment.
              This was my "throw something at the TV moment". Fortunately, the TV survived.
              sigpic

Comment

To tell the truth I was nervous since the first seconds into the episode. After all those rumours... at the end of the episode I was left thinking...that's it? OH GREAT! **sarcasm** Bah, never mind.

I loved the episode anyway. Great plot, simple I should say, but very effective. Everyone assuming Rodney is gonna save the day was nice, but in the end he doesn't. Radek finally gets to shine!
                Rodney really freaking out in the plant room was sad to watch (so that was the emotional breakdown mentioned by David? Well, I thought it would be worse)
                The proposal...it was a sad thing too. Katie seemed happy about it when she saw the ring and then she seemed troubled (not sure what she was really thinking) but we knew Rodney was proposing under wrong pretenses.

The Ronon/Keller pairing started very nicely. Very cute and even romantic. I think there was too much chatting (it bored me a bit) I cursed at Radek for cutting their kiss though...

My favorite scene of the episode is John climbing up the damn tower!! (AMAZING SHOTS!! I was really scared...even more when John mentioned climbing down)

John is getting a bit better at the "feelings" talk. And when Teyla took his hand for him to feel the baby kick, I could hear the Sheylas cheers from miles away! Very sweet moment. Of course John freaking out about Teyla giving birth during the lockdown was soooo to be expected. John remembering Rodney's password was awesome too (slashers must have been cheering from afar!! What was it again... Newton, Einstein and Rodney birthdates?)

In the end, I was disappointed by the lack of real catastrophic event. Everything seemed rather surreal after all this drama and worry. Still, I award the episode a 9.5/10 for finally making some character progress.
                Last edited by Leliana McKay; 18 January 2008, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                  I had a thought...did Rodney change his mind about Katie because she kept asking "dumb" questions? He kept getting continually short with her the more questions she asked. Just like she couldnt be with him because she is positive and cheery and he can be fatalistic, and she finally saw that. Up to now all of their moments have been Rondey trying VERY hard to be un-rodneylike
                  Personal opinion - no. My feeble attempt at reconciling the Rodney in Quarantine with the one who offered his life in MC and stared at a queen ready to feed on him without begging in SoW is that he recognized how abominably he'd acted towards Katie while they were trapped. In the mess hall scene Ronon starts to tell the table about McKay thinking he was sick (Keller arriving interrupts the story). So perhaps one of his teammates pointed out what a bonehead he'd been.

I think McKay finally saw just how different he and Katie were.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i also think that as much as katie is good for mckay, over a period of time, mckay wouldn't be good for katie. she's too gentle to be able to take him without him dragging her down. she might change (negatively) too much to get to a strong enough level. but then again, i don't know her character well enough.

sally
                  I think you're right. McKay needs someone that will slap him when he acts that way instead of enabling him - someone that won't put up with his crap. Over time, his attitude would definitely destroy a wall flower like Katie. The bright spot is he at least has begun to see he has large areas available for self-improvement.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                    This might be my least favorite ep of the season, which is odd for a character ep. I usually like them.
                    my least was last weeks.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

SGA - SciFi Channel Updates for "Quarantine":

From the SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis site, updates for January 18, 2008:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

"Quarantine"

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...&ep=0413&act=1

* Episode Synopsis

* Episode Photos

NEXT new episode: "Harmony": In an effort to maintain diplomatic relations with a friendly planet, Sheppard and MacKay agree to accompany its precocious princess on a rite of passage.

Trailer for "Harmony":

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=205859

New Quiz:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/quizze...ex.php?start=1

Jan. 19, 2008

Do you think you know the city of Atlantis as well as the characters who call it home? Then take our new quiz and find out if you know your way around the metropolis of the Ancients!

NEW Video:

Jan. 17, 2008

In part three of his video Q&A series, Joe Flanigan (Col. John Sheppard) answers more fans' questions from SCIFI.COM's Stargate Atlantis Forum.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/featurettes/index.php

or

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=206158

or

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/featur...ex.php?Clip=12

GET IN THE GATE SWEEPSTAKES - The Iris Closes March 14, 008!

http://www.scifi.com/getinthegate/

<><><><>

From the MGM Stargate site:

Unlock the Gate Sweepstakes

http://stargate.mgm.com/promotions/sweepstakes_code.php

The Gate closes on March 13, 2008.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

A little too much love story stuff in this episode for me but it's still a good episode.

I liked Shep's Batman line. That climbing scene was the best part of the episode for me.

Zelenka falling out of the vent shaft was hilarious.
                        || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          Jewel must absolutely cringe when she's handed her scripts. Seriously, how can you feel any kind of empathy for such a self centred, "oh woe is me" kind of character.

First with Teyla, now with Ronon.

I can't for the life of me understand how TPTB thought that this character was a good idea.

I like Jewel, but Keller --- OMG. Someone feed her to the wraith, for crying out loud.
                          I thought she was great in this episode.
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I think think this was a good ep. I liked that they used pairings that for the most part were unseen until now. The Ronon/Keller stuff was nice. Oh and I loved that Chuck got to leave the control room for once. Zelinka crawling through the vents was hilarious. I kinda wish that Rodney and Katie had decided to get married. It would be very interesting new territory for SG. The ending of the ep seemed to suggest that their relationship is coming to an end, which is unfortunate. Also the scene in the beginning with Shep and McKay after he told him he was gonna propose was great. Overall, 8/10.

Perfecto!

Comment

This episode was a nice one.

Like the pairings they had.

Sheppard/Teyla scenes was really good, and sequence is not something the producers are working much this season right? we went from no tummy Teyla to almost delivering baby in two weeks.

Sheppard climbing that tower I don’t buy it.

And what is wrong with Teyla steeping out of the ledge like that.

Carter and Zelenka I love.

Zelenka was so nervous around Sam that he didn’t know how to react, that’s why he almost fry himself, and the pigeon’s chat was so funny, Sam got to know a side of one of her scientist she didn’t know, and I love how Carter was tying to reassure him he did nothing wrong, to some this felt like Zelenka was portrayed as week and comical, to me it was a normal reaction of two people trying to know each other and trying to work things out, for what I seen Mackey is always doubting or second guessing Zelenka so is normal for him to feel out of his element with her, besides when they got out of the elevator, Sheppard and Lorne were kind of doubting him been able to fix the problem and Carter’s answer was “He’ll make it!” she thrust his abilities and knowledge, and you see the surprise in Sheppard and Lorne faces when she said this.

The line “they are not for eating” was so funny and Carter trying to explain LOL

Scientific carter came out and play, if only for a minute.

Mckay and Katie are so over, and why do TPTB do this to this character all the time, whiny Rodney thru the ¾ of the episode, I’m not that fond of the character but I just get annoyed that they portrayed him this way, laying down to die c’mon!.

Ronon/Keller were ok, why is it that no matter what the woman do is not good enough? I think she has develop some character into her roll, yes she is young and yes she doubts herself, but that is better than her coming in to the roll and be “like I know it all”

The oxygen tanks scene was so wrong and not believable.

Ronon/Keller ship bring it on.

Last scene when Carter said “Great work Radek this base own you a debt of gratitude” you see him more relax and asure of him self.

Agree this was a Selenka episode all that mumbling
                              sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmer33 View Post
                                I did not think Atlantis was air tight, I believe in Adrift Rodney said without the shield the city could not support an atmosphere.
                                Atlantis had been damaged and it was in...the vacuum of space in Adrift.

Somewhat different circumstances than Quarantine.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X