Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Which we already knew from Echoes.
    ok so I forgot about that
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      ok so I forgot about that
      If you want to know when... It's when they're discussing why the whales are acting the way they are. Radek mentiones something about his pigeon-races and Rodney makes the comment ... "I too see trouble on the horizon." ...To which John answers, "Just like a pigeon.".
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Already seen that, was mentioned in Doppelganger.

Edit: No, don't know but he does make a mention of it. Not sure if he's actually seen it.
        No, he hadn't. I believe the last statement by him was something to the effect of "I've GOT to see that movie."

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
          No, he hadn't. I believe the last statement by him was something to the effect of "I've GOT to see that movie."
          Right, yes... Now, I remember.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            ?*All I see are flames coming out of your pitchforkWhere did you get thay?Whats the saying,?* opposites attract?*There was nothing he could do. He doesn't like to rely on others to save day. Thats what happens when your an arrogant (you must have some experence with that) person. I've seen more whining out of McKay in some the S2 and S1 episodes.P.S. The reason you like flawed characters is because you have many many many flaws
            Don't get cheeky Leave that to me

Sorry babe I mistook you for Inte. Oh I know opposites attract, and I think she did calm him down a lot. I don't know, if someone was asking to marry me, had the ring, was about to propose then all of a sudden something happened that could have ended both their lives... I would have thought it would make you want to put that ring on the person's finger quicker than jackflash.

I have lots of flaws and each one is adorable and quirky, just like me.

Originally posted by edain View Post
            I'm glad everyone is not biting my head off for that. To be honest I half expected it.

As a red blooded southern male, the first thing I do is look at the figure of a woman, because despite what everyone says physical appearance is at least 70 percent of initial attraction; and ladies, you are just as guilty as the guys are. While I catch a quick glimpse of an attractive lady, I immediately look to her eyes, because they are the 2nd part of the initial attraction. Personality comes later. I am not one to jeer intentionally; sometimes some women are just so good looking you can't help but stay locked longer than the usual fraction of a second.

Needless to say, sometimes I have lost control before. But it wasn't my fault, I blame it purely on the alcohol.

Dr Keller is a good example. I think she's a very beautiful lady and would instantly notice her and her figure if I saw her in person. I'm pretty sure that Ronin did too. He is a hulking neanderthal, what would you expect?
            Don't get the boys started it doesn't take them long to open up another body thread.

Agreed. They never really did anything with Katie other than just make her some 'saccharine' to sweeten Rodney. Pity. If she'd had more gumption maybe I'd me more unhappy about it, but as it stands, I'm completely indifferent as to whether she's around or not.

I'm with you. Here was the perfect opportunity for her to show a bit of 'gumption' and she obviously cares for him, but maybe not enough to fight for the relationship. When Rodney gave her one last look after she said g'bye, he knew it was over. Bless his little cotton socks, he needed a good hug and yet for Katie, all I thought was meh!

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            As Ronon adequately put it: The door is stronger than the Shark, or something like that . Come one Peggy, you knew Sheppard had to save the day. I think his boot thrown at the door would have had the same effect as the C4. I stand corrected. Had he thrown his boot, the tower would have suffered structural damage. Do not underestimate the power of the Gel . So you were the one sending letters to TPTB to get rid of Katie. Oh well, you did it, she won't bother us anymore .
            Ah but this time it was Radek that saved the day. Did you notice at the end, he wanted to gloat about it to Rodney

I don't dislike Katie, she's just to ummmmm average for me. That's about the nicest thing I can say about her. She's good for Rodney, but alas she doesn't do anything for me. I like quirky, I like people with flaws, who aren't black and white, who have a bit of character and I just don't see it with her i'm afraid. Now
            Spoiler:
            FRAN
            in the few minutes she was on screen, I liked! She'd be good for Rodney.

I know i've been a bit harsh on this ep, but I did enjoy the character stuff it gave us, and I loved the jokes (thought Shep remembering Rodney's password adn the password itself was fab) Loved Radek and his pidgeons, that was just too cute, and Sam's imitation of one. And Ronon and his film trivia. And I absolutely adored the Shep and Teyla scenes, so sweet, it made me squee a little, and i'm not even a shipper. It was just the look fo horror on his face. SO still lots I really enjoyed

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. it made me laugh out loud in so many places. i found a new fave character in Radek. i got to see Science Sam again. I've grown fond of Teyla and John's relationship. I can actually picture Keller and Ronon together after last night. And there was heartbreak when Katie and Rodney didn't get engaged.

There were a bunch of funny scenes in this episode:
              -the whole transporter scene between Carter and Zelenka. so much comedy in such a small space. Sam picking up Radek's computer and turning it on only to reveal a huge pigeon screensaver. LOL! It was so unexpected that i really did laugh out loud at that. And then there's the Zelenka reaction to Carter taking her jacket off oblivious to the fact that she had just flashed some cleavage so intent was her focus on the problem at hand. Carter, woman, you just don't know the effect you have on men do you? And the whole "pigeon talk" when Carter tries to take Zelenka's mind off of his self-flagellation and lighten the mood but fails miserably. "We could sure use one of your pigeons right about now." "But they're not for eating." "No, I mean for homing pigeons...sos..to send for help. .." "But there are no windows." And Carter gives him this "hookay, nevermind..." look. lol

-in Rodney's lab, John tells Teyla that in the movies usually when a pregnant woman's stuck in a room the woman goes into labor..so when Teyla's baby kicks, there's a look of panic on John's face. And john cracking rodney's password. loved it!

-Katie getting all excited about Rodney's phalangial plant that's grown quite a bit since "Tabula Rasa." She tells him "I just gave it some extra TLC and it grew and grew..." all the while making these hand gestures near the plant and Rodney kinda swallows at the thoughts her actions are conjuring up in that imagination of his.

All in all funny episode. Got to know Radek a lot more. When he volunteered to go in the vent that took everyone by surprise. I'm not sure why. I'm thinking he's a reluctant hero. I'll have to watch those episodes that pajus listed for me since this is my first season of Atlantis. But it seems like Carter was the only one who had more faith in him than the others and maybe even more than he did in himself. So in the end when Carter turned to him and gave him one of her special Carter smiles and put her hand on his shoulder and said, "Everyone on this base owes you a debt of gratitude for saving our lives..." he had this huge smile on his face and that made me go "Yeah! Radek! You did it! Go on wit yo bad self!" It's not everyday that your boss praises you in front of your peers. too bad mckay wasn't there to see it. but then it would've ruined the moment a bit. it was really radek's moment to shine.
              Last edited by bossluna; 21 January 2008, 08:08 AM.
              sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                Don't get cheeky Leave that to me
                And I absolutely adored the Shep and Teyla scenes, so sweet, it made me squee a little, and i'm not even a shipper. It was just the look fo horror on his face. SO still lots I really enjoyed
                Yeah. That made me And when she put his hand on her belly, it looked to me as if he was afraid he was going to break something. Very sweet. I'm not much on shipping - if done right, it can be great, but most times it doesn't work well - but I do like their closeness. Nice that Shep actually has some 'family' now. I think it's something he's really missed.

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
                i found a new fave character in Radek.

It's not everyday that your boss praises you in front of your peers. too bad mckay wasn't there to see it. but then it would've ruined the moment a bit. it was really radek's moment to shine.
                Indeed. Radek's been a fave of mine for a long time. Here's hoping he sticks around!

Comment

I really liked this ep. It was different to the others and thats why I liked it;

- The single motivation for Shepherd to climb out of the window and climb the tower is because 'Batman used to do it all the time'.
                  - Raddick falling straight down, through an air vent face-first into the control room was ace
                  - McKay's password was brilliant
                  - I liked Shepherd's talk to Teyla at the beginning about how the pregnant girl always enters labour in 'these movies'

Liked this episode. Liked it a lot.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Yeah. That made me And when she put his hand on her belly, it looked to me as if he was afraid he was going to break something. Very sweet. I'm not much on shipping - if done right, it can be great, but most times it doesn't work well - but I do like their closeness. Nice that Shep actually has some 'family' now. I think it's something he's really missed.

Indeed. Radek's been a fave of mine for a long time. Here's hoping he sticks around!
                    So funny, and what was really sweet was that scene was one more confirmation of how much they've all bonded together. Shep tellin Teyla that if anything happened to her, that her baby would always have a family in Atlantis. had me all snuffly. *wipes her nose on her sleeve* Great scene, I think Radek's really coming into his own now, and for once he got to be the hero.

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                    I really liked this ep. It was different to the others and thats why I liked it;

- The single motivation for Shepherd to climb out of the window and climb the tower is because 'Batman used to do it all the time'.
                    - Raddick falling straight down, through an air vent face-first into the control room was ace
                    - McKay's password was brilliant
                    - I liked Shepherd's talk to Teyla at the beginning about how the pregnant girl always enters labour in 'these movies'

Liked this episode. Liked it a lot.
                    *snort* I loved that bit. It's just a boy thing.

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
                      I really enjoyed this episode. it made me laugh out loud in so many places. i found a new fave character in Radek. i got to see Science Sam again. I've grown fond of Teyla and John's relationship. I can actually picture Keller and Ronon together after last night. And there was heartbreak when Katie and Rodney didn't get engaged.

There were a bunch of funny scenes in this episode:
                      -the whole transporter scene between Carter and Zelenka. so much comedy in such a small space. Sam picking up Radek's computer and turning it on only to reveal a huge pigeon screensaver. LOL! It was so unexpected that i really did laugh out loud at that. And then there's the Zelenka reaction to Carter taking her jacket off oblivious to the fact that she had just flashed some cleavage so intent was her focus on the problem at hand. Carter, woman, you just don't know the effect you have on men do you? And the whole "pigeon talk" when Carter tries to take Zelenka's mind off of his self-flagellation and lighten the mood but fails miserably. "We could sure use one of your pigeons right about now." "But they're not for eating." "No, I mean for homing pigeons...sos..to send for help. .." "But there are no windows." And Carter gives him this "hookay, nevermind..." look. lol

-in Rodney's lab, John tells Teyla that in the movies usually when a pregnant woman's stuck in a room the woman goes into labor..so when Teyla's baby kicks, there's a look of panic on John's face. And john cracking rodney's password. loved it!

-Katie getting all excited about Rodney's phalangial plant that's grown quite a bit since "Tabula Rasa." She tells him "I just gave it some extra TLC and it grew and grew..." all the while making these hand gestures near the plant and Rodney kinda swallows at the thoughts her actions are conjuring up in that imagination of his.

All in all funny episode. Got to know Radek a lot more. When he volunteered to go in the vent that took everyone by surprise. I'm not sure why. I'm thinking he's a reluctant hero. I'll have to watch those episodes that Plasu listed for me since this is my first season of Atlantis. But it seems like Carter was the only one who had more faith in him than the others and maybe even more than he did in himself. So in the end when Carter turned to him and gave him one of her special Carter smiles and put her hand on his shoulder and said, "Everyone on this base owes you a debt of gratitude for saving our lives..." he had this huge smile on his face and that made me go "Yeah! Radek! You did it! Go on wit yo bad self!" It's not everyday that your boss praises you in front of your peers. too bad mckay wasn't there to see it. but then it would've ruined the moment a bit. it was really radek's moment to shine.
                      Completely agree with all of this well except the Katie and Rodney. While it's nice to see Rodney try to grow. At the end I just hoped that Katie will say no. For her sake at least. Not that I am a fan of the character (actually I rather dislike her) but you can see how Katie does not need Rodney in her life. All he is doing is bring her down.

Radek <3 much love in the Carter and Radek scenes. Oh shoutout to 42 was wonderful.

Comment

I forgot to mention that it was ace to see Teyla's face when Shepherd explained what '42' was the answer to.
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I think this ep was ok. I love Lorne and Zeleka. Didn't care for Rodney behavior. He still panic so easily. I like Jewell but Keller, not so much. I would like to see Ronon with a woman that can take care of herself. Maybe I just love Ronon. I'm waiting to see Carson again in future eps. I miss him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                            John climbing up the tower was the neatest part of the episode, and I could believe he could make it up and back down and maybe even Lorne. But the two techs, come on...
                            They didn't climb down, they used C4 to blow their way threw doors. When Teyla got up there... i had to use my mind powers to pull her back in

Loved this episode, i normally prefer the more action packed episodes but i guess you need to have some character development occasionally

Was Zelenka actually trying to blow the place up lol, not very smart for his usual self.

I think the Keller and Ronon theme is quite good, it shows a different side to Ronon like when he was back on satedia... He's not all muscles and anger he does have a soft squishy side

The Rodney, Katie situation was abit awkward, felt like slapping him so many times, "theres no point" smooth Rodney, real smooth.

i'd give that 9/10 as a stand alone... If every episode was like that though the series would not be so popular

IZ NIICE!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                              The Bad:
                              They made Zelenka look like an idiot when he said the tablet wouldn't work and then Carter magically made it work. And having him blow the crystals was just pointless. Could've had him done the same and not look stupid by having Carter agree that it was worth a try.
                              That's interesting. I never thought he looked like an idiot - I saw someone who's used to having a little time at least in the lab to work on and discuss/brainstorm some options (Zelenka) and someone who's been out on missions enough to just jump in and MacGyver something (Carter).

I rewatched it a few minutes ago, and it was not Zelenka's fault the crystals blew. Carter didn't tell him she'd already done some sort of bypass or something (couldn't make out what she said). Just as he was reaching for the crystal, she started to say something about "no, wait, I -" and that's all I caught. So, no harm no foul on that one, really.

You'll notice I managed to resist the 'foul-fowl-pigeon' pun. I'm patting myself on the back for that....

Comment

Originally posted by PUN15H3R View Post
                                When Teyla got up there... i had to use my mind powers to pull her back in
                                That kind of scared me too, until I rewatched. I think, from how she looked around that she was actually trying to see if John had made it. First she looks up, doesn't see him, then she looks around then down, and sees no body pancaked on the ground, so she climbs back in again, sort of going 'whew'.

I think the Keller and Ronon theme is quite good, it shows a different side to Ronon like when he was back on satedia... He's not all muscles and anger he does have a soft squishy side
                                Soft squishy side - sorta like a big marshmallow?

Comment

Working...
                                X