This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    That is not the character that I have seen. The Keller I have seen is a great doctor that wasnt ready for this but has grown since her arival.
    Is it because she wears higher heels now?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      I'm going but dunno how long I'll be gone .

*****Gets dressed, opens door, leaves ....****

P.S: So you hate Ms. Brown, eh? Shame on you! Go to your room!. I don't see anyone else loving Rodney except Katie. Ms. Brown has a rare personality and girls like her are scarce nowadays. Larrin is simply vulgar, whereas Katie, down to earth, special, and accepts a man for his faults. She wanted to say yes today .
      Inte!! People will talk, you could have just left quietly you know. Pro and Anti together, goodness me there'll be a scandal and everything.

I know i'm a bad fan. I don't hate any character, I tolerate her, and she's ok and watchable, but I don't know, maybe it's because she's a girly girl. She needs to do something, get angry, raise her voice, get snarky (well she's been around Rodney long enough to do it perfectly.) And to be honest Rodney didn't care at all about her, or didn't seem to. After the way he behaved, i'd have at least thrown the plant in his vicinity and pretended I was aiming for the door.

I know she was going to say 'yes' she lit up like a little firecracker, bless her, and yes opposites do attract. I just think that will be the last we'll see of them 'together' so to speak. I would hav thought she would have been aware of his faults and flaws, so I don't think there was anything she hadn't seen before. And didn't she say early on that she knew what Rodney was like. So what changed?

Oh Inte, found a potential plot hole for you. When Rodney and Keller were doing their Oxygen tank running amok thing, it didn't work, and they tried to open the door and zilch, but when Shep and Lorne opened the lift it worked. Magic!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        ?*Me, a novel length post? Surely not. *adjusts her halo* See isn't it purty shining so brightly.
        ?*All I see are flames coming out of your pitchfork
        We're going to disagree JEL??!! Goodness me, I might have to sit down for this. You like Katie? Sweet innocent Katie. BUT BUT BUT she's too sugary babe, I thought you liked the feisty ones?
        Where did you get thay?
        I just wished she'd have slapped him upside the head to be honest I don't think i'd have been able to resist. She's, I don't know got no sparkle, I like characters with flaws and little foiables and I guess she's too nice, if that's possible.
        Whats the saying,?* opposites attract?*
        I know he's used to being the one to save the day, so it was probably a bit of a blow to his ego, but I don't know, we've seen him in worse situations than that, and he's said it himself, he thinks better under the threat of certain death. And he really didn't know that the self destruct was off, and yet he just lay there wallowing. And it wasn't his normal wallowing either.
        There was nothing he could do. He doesn't like to rely on others to save day. Thats what happens when your an arrogant (you must have some experence with that) person. I've seen more whining out of McKay in some the S2 and S1 episodes.P.S. The reason you like flawed characters is because you have many many many flaws
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
          This episode is a hilarious one, major character developments there, I love how they all interact differently to the situation, at one point, everybody all hoping the other would be working on the situation. Zelenka staring down at Carter's breasts and getting semi-fried by the transporter's control panel, Sheppard remembering McKay's big ass passcode! Rodney going all hypertensive, LOL All good.
          Agreed. Those were great scenes and very funny.

Personally, I love seeing Atlantis go into lockdown mode and the alarm being broadcasted throughout the city and the bit where the bulkhead slammed down sealing off McKay's office from rest of the city was really cool. I also love the scene where you see McKay trying to open the door with a small spade, HA HA!
          I LMAO in that scene.

Sheppard has really matured when you can tell he is willing to take responsibility for Teyla and her baby and with that, use that courage to climb up 4 floors outside, god, he has such strong upper-body strength!
          I've always liked Shep but you can tell he really cares for Teyla in this one.

Ronan and Keller, well who knew!
          I hope they explore that more I loved that.

Unfortunately, it's a pity that McKay didn't get engaged to Katie Brown and the "bye" had such finality, I doubt Katie would ever want to see him ever again cos, she obviously wanted to get married to him and McKay being a typical dumb guy (socially), decided to go on the whole, "I'm not ready" speech when in actual fact, he is ready. Marriage is what I regard the bond for life despite any shortcomings as your partner is there to make you stronger.
          Agreed. He knew he screwed up and was kicking himself and as he left he knew he blew it. I too hated that they didn't get engaged though if he did he'd have been a different character. I hope they are still together, however I doubt they are.

Brilliant episode! 10/10
          It was a great one but most SGA eps are.

EDIT: To those complaining about Keller, if one gets a Bachelor Degree before voting age (18 years old??) that says something and unfortunately for many brain-whizz kids in the real world, social-inhibitions does occur so back off already! Ronan obviously likes her cos of her ability to do her duty and he can appreciate that as he was a leader of his military group, plus she reminds him of his dead girlfriend.
          My thoughts exactly.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            You put that nicely. I realize what men think about constantly, but I also think highly enough of men to think they are able to command self-control. I simply don't like leering. It can be pretty nasty when you're subjected to it and I didn't like Radek's glance being played for comedic effect in that scene.

I'm glad everyone is not biting my head off for that. To be honest I half expected it.

As a red blooded southern male, the first thing I do is look at the figure of a woman, because despite what everyone says physical appearance is at least 70 percent of initial attraction; and ladies, you are just as guilty as the guys are. While I catch a quick glimpse of an attractive lady, I immediately look to her eyes, because they are the 2nd part of the initial attraction. Personality comes later. I am not one to jeer intentionally; sometimes some women are just so good looking you can't help but stay locked longer than the usual fraction of a second.

Needless to say, sometimes I have lost control before. But it wasn't my fault, I blame it purely on the alcohol.

Dr Keller is a good example. I think she's a very beautiful lady and would instantly notice her and her figure if I saw her in person. I'm pretty sure that Ronin did too. He is a hulking neanderthal, what would you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              Is it because she wears higher heels now?
              No her character truly has grown IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                You put that nicely. I realize what men think about constantly, but I also think highly enough of men to think they are able to command self-control. I simply don't like leering. It can be pretty nasty when you're subjected to it and I didn't like Radek's glance being played for comedic effect in that scene.
                Interestingly enough, I didn't really see any leering in that scene. IIRC, Radek turned back toward Sam just as she took off her jacket (and whoever decided that streeeetchy knit was a good idea for shirts?), he got a bit of an accidental eyeful and immediately, as a gentleman would, averted his gaze.

When it was on, my first thought was "oops, bad timing" and the second was "aw, Radek, how sweet". Eye of the beholder, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post
                  Interestingly enough, I didn't really see any leering in that scene. IIRC, Radek turned back toward Sam just as she took off her jacket (and whoever decided that streeeetchy knit was a good idea for shirts?), he got a bit of an accidental eyeful and immediately, as a gentleman would, averted his gaze.

When it was on, my first thought was "oops, bad timing" and the second was "aw, Radek, how sweet". Eye of the beholder, I guess.
                  That's how I saw it too. I didn't see it as intenional leering.

Comment

about the episode being a repeat...

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                    maybe from tabula rasa or hot zone? it wasnt an sg1 i
                    dont think
                    Don't know if anyone has answered this question and im sure im gonna get redded at the a** for this but...

DS9 did this episode almost the exact same way. the cardassians left a protocol to lock down the station in the event of something and they had to get ducat to come in and stop, and he couldn't even do that... peril... different pairings of characters trapped in the station

cisco even had to crawl through vents to get to something (could have been power room, don't remember its been a while)

don't hurt me...

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post

I don't hate any character, I tolerate her, and she's ok and watchable, but I don't know, maybe it's because she's a girly girl. She needs to do something, get angry, raise her voice, get snarky (well she's been around Rodney long enough to do it perfectly.) And to be honest Rodney didn't care at all about her, or didn't seem to. After the way he behaved, i'd have at least thrown the plant in his vicinity and pretended I was aiming for the door.
                      Agreed. They never really did anything with Katie other than just make her some 'saccharine' to sweeten Rodney. Pity. If she'd had more gumption maybe I'd me more unhappy about it, but as it stands, I'm completely indifferent as to whether she's around or not.

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
                        about the episode being a repeat...

Don't know if anyone has answered this question and im sure im gonna get redded at the a** for this but...

DS9 did this episode almost the exact same way. the cardassians left a protocol to lock down the station in the event of something and they had to get ducat to come in and stop, and he couldn't even do that... peril... different pairings of characters trapped in the station

cisco even had to crawl through vents to get to something (could have been power room, don't remember its been a while)

don't hurt me...
                        I remember that. But that doesnt matter IMO. I hate comparing one series to another as alot of shows do similar plots because pretty much everything has been done before especially in scifi. What matters to me is if TPTB can take a similar idea and make it unique to the show. The did IMO.

Comment

I remember that. But that doesnt matter IMO. I hate comparing one series to another as alot of shows do similar plots because pretty much everything has been done before especially in scifi. What matters to me is if TPTB can take a similar idea and make it unique to the show. The did IMO.
                          i don't like to do it either, but it was mentioned, and that was the only thing i could say could be construed as a repeat. nothing like this was ever really done in the SG universe to my knowledge

Comment

Or because TPTB are lazy to come up with something original. Like I said before Quarantine= a filler episode...

Comment

Originally posted by Raven56 View Post

Eye of the beholder *groan* . I can agree to disagree, I just don't like that type of humor and wish they'd left that bit out. Maybe have Radek ramble on about his pidgeons more instead.

Comment

Any character with Keller's soul and spirit is bound to have more social aptitude than any of you guys attacking her for this episode. Seriously. It feels like you're just dumping off your personal emotional waste in this forum/thread. Nuff said.
                                I have yet to see a society worthy of being called a Civilization.

Comment

Working...
                                X