This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Though somebody desperately needs to give John a real comforting hug without ulterior motives and he needs to let them.
    I'm willing to give Shep a hug. Can't promise no ulterior motives, though!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetsong View Post
      Now is it really wise for them to park their earch based spaceships in orbit where any yahoo with a telescope can see it? Heh.
      Yeah... I've always wondered about that... and it kinda bugs me, but eh, whatever. It's a plot hole, they can't really do anything about it unless they want to go hide it behind the moon, lol. Or just take it out of orbit.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Well, they need to be in orbit for all the beaming they do. And, come on...who would believe a guy with a telescope that says "Ooohhh, there's a giant ship in orbit!"?

Comment

Originally posted by idlewild202 View Post
          Yeah... I've always wondered about that... and it kinda bugs me, but eh, whatever. It's a plot hole, they can't really do anything about it unless they want to go hide it behind the moon, lol. Or just take it out of orbit.
          Asgard technolgy can prevent ships from being seen by humans.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah, thank's jelgate, I didn't know that.

But even still.... I wonder if, when a ship is in orbit, the SGC notifies big observatories and whatnot that they are not allowed to aim their telescopes at X area of the sky were the ship will be flying during orbit. Just in case.

Proudly Supporting Team USA

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Asgard technolgy can prevent ships from being seen by humans.
              It prevents them from being detected by radar/sensors/whatever, but it doesn't make them invisible to the naked eye(with a telescope). Only the Odyssey, with its ZPM, can cloak at the moment.

Comment

Okay, the question is solved. See, hi-rez images are up

The online newspaper said 'Globe Business'

Utilities Mogul Patrick Sheppard Dies at 69

You can find that cap and others at http://a-pilgrim-soul.livejournal.com/70845.html

So, Shep's dad must be worth a pretty penny what with the way utilities strangle every last cent out of the customer

Comment

Now this episode explains the Colonel's high IQ, Sheppard's dad wanted him to either go to Stanford or Harvard University.. explains a lot, coming from a rich family, glad to see he didn't become like his elder brother. When the elder brother asked if Ronan was his work colleague, it was funny cos he felt like he was implying if the two of them were in a relationship, which I thought was kinda funny.

Now, I'm not really a hug fan of Earth-based episodes, it's too boring and this episode was kinda okay I suppose, Bates now works for the IOA so glad to see not all Stargate characters disappear forever!

So a primitive form of a Replicator-humanoid is about, to be honest, these kind of stories are kinda done to death. Also, Sheppard always wear those clothes when he's on official leave from active duty. You got other clothes John!

It's unfortunate that Dr. Bill Lee got so badly burnt. The best scene of the entire episode was the Replicators fighting it out, reminded me of the scene between Teyla and Sona back in Season 1 when Atlantis had to be evacuated during a massive storm.

It's kinda sad about Ava's fate but at least she isn't totally dead. The ending though between John and his older brother.. okay.. what does a rich boy got to say to his down-to-earth younger brother that has the best job of the entire universe? Hmm..

8/10 - it was a good episode, kept you on your toes in some bits. Not a bad episode at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Noneareleft View Post
                    The one thing I don't get is that he asked his ex for help, when he could get just about any information himself. I know she was "there" but why risk it?
                    I know he couldn't pick up the phone and call the President like Hammond or Jack... but now with how far things have progressed and the amount of connections and higher ups that are in the know and pro SGC, I mean he could have just called Jack himself and got the information....

But they had to develop that relationship so I guess that will do.
                    My take on that was they expected someone in the military to be involved. By having someone he trusted (Nancy) pull the information for him, he didn't risk tipping off the potential buyer.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                    I thought it was a good episode. I have to say though, I didn't like what they did to the repligirl at the end. The whole mistrust of every single replicator is getting a bit old. It started with Fifth, but since then there've been loads of replicators willing to join their side but it always ends the same way. Surely this one, isolated, independantly thinking replicator would be fine working on earth, and provide great insight into replicators. Isn't it bordering on racism? ok, maybe not that much, but we trusted other races before.
                    Unless my eyes deceived me, the pod John was in was at the SGC. So they got the best of both worlds - replicator girl available to consult whenever they need her (just pop into her VE world) without having a replicator running around the base.

Originally posted by Wilson3Girl View Post
                    I'm in the minority here about John's brother Dave being an *ss. I don't agree. Obviously he and John had issues and then John was gone for 4 yrs. (or more?). Dave said that he'd tried before to get in touch with him but that the air force wasn't always dependable about getting messages delivered. The remark about the money was meant to hurt John. Siblings say awful things like that----especially when they're holding grudges (shades of "McKay and Mrs. Miller" anyone?). He told John that their father regretted what had gone on between the two of them---if he was a real monster, he wouldn't have told that to John. I'm glad to see that they were going to work it out at the end of the episode---too bad we didn't get to be a fly on the wall for that----or at least a part of that conversation. I would've liked to have heard just what it was that came between John and his Dad. I would've happily given up some of the replicator stuff in exchange for more of Shep's family drama, but I'm a sucker for character stuff and I realize others would rather see space battles and chase scenes etc. Oh well.

Wilson3Girl
                    I agree with you on Dave. What I heard was a bitter brother who had shoulder all the family responsibility while John did whatever he wanted. We know better, but Dave doesn't. I like what you said about him telling John that Dad had regretted the division between them. If Dave had really been vindictive, he could have said tons of hurtful things instead.

I would love to know what caused the divisiveness in the family, but I doubt we ever will. The writers left it intentionally vague for a reason. And that allows me to use my imagination to fill in the details.

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                    Now this episode explains the Colonel's high IQ, Sheppard's dad wanted him to either go to Stanford or Harvard University.. explains a lot, coming from a rich family, glad to see he didn't become like his elder brother. When the elder brother asked if Ronan was his work colleague, it was funny cos he felt like he was implying if the two of them were in a relationship, which I thought was kinda funny.
                    And I took it to mean that Dave didn't believe John was really doing what he said. Nancy knew John flew secret missions so I would assume Dave knew the same thing. I think his inability to contact John fueled his imagination in what John was involved in (undercover work, espionage, spying) and one look at Ronon solidified it.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

The odd thing that struck me is why they transferred Ava into VR. Why not one of the duplicate android bodies they recovered after "Tin Man" (ep. 18) on SG-1? They made a point of keeping it in continuity by mentioning it much later (season eight or nine), in an aside from none other than Dr. Lee, that they were planning to use one for hostile off-world environments. It certainly would have taken away the principal danger, which was her nanite construction.

Comment

I'm wondering on who authorize the course of action taken on Ava. Landry?

Comment

Just my opinion, but I saw Dave as the younger brother.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Did Bates’ injuries when attacked by the Wraith in The Siege result in him having a piece of metal put into his skull? That seems the only explanation for why, when Poole thumps him over the head with a piece of wood, it makes a metallic thunk!

What’s with the new throat mics? Are they NID issue?

Bill was transported up to Apollo from his vacation, yet later is wearing a standard Apollo scientist’s jumpsuit with his name tag on it. Does he take the name tag everywhere he goes; did he have it beamed up specially from Stargate Command; or is it the sole role of a member of the crew to print out name tags to order?!

Kudos to Andy Mikita, the director: when Ronon comes down the metal staircase where the Replicator has just gone, he comes down backwards and aims his blaster through the stairs rather than just running down without looking properly. Similarly, when John comes out of the warehouse, he stops and looks out of the door to make sure he doesn’t run into the line of fire of the approaching soldiers. It’s all common sense, but often a director wouldn’t think to do it.

When Bill revealed that Ava was dead, I thought we were going to go into Blade Runner territory and that Ava wouldn’t know that it was a Replicator, so I was relieved when that didn’t happen.

I really liked the scene in the car between John and Nancy. Normally in a scene like that there’d be some residual chemistry and a hint of regret from one or both of them that they’d broken up, but there seemed to be no trace of that here, which was a good thing.

I did wonder for a while where they got the stasis pods from, seeing as Aurora blew up, but Orion might have had some too, which they removed before they got her blown up too.

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                              Bill was transported up to Apollo from his vacation, yet later is wearing a standard Apollo scientist’s jumpsuit with his name tag on it. Does he take the name tag everywhere he goes; did he have it beamed up specially from Stargate Command; or is it the sole role of a member of the crew to print out name tags to order?!
                              Well, maybe they have one just in case he decides to drop in... Or maybe he left it on the Apollo in "Lifeline" and went home in civvies...

Comment

this was certainly a nice action packed ep. no Teyla or Keller and only 15 secs of Carter and Rodney. I'm glad Shep joined the USAF and didn't turn out like his brother (although he might be a nice person, we just didn't see much of him), even though he could've gone to Stanford or Harvard. one of the best scenes was Ronon asking 'Is this food free?' and after a nod 'Excellent'. that was awesome

I totally forgot about Bates and Lee, it was nice seeing those guys again. Shep's ex was ok too imo, I was expecting someone a lot worse. and Eva's a replicator too? I definitely didn't see that one coming although she did act somewhat strange but I would've never guessed this. the replicator fight scene was really cool, one of many highlights. and finally after what sic, seven years on SG it's Dr Lee's idea that saves the day (sort of...). pretty good plan to beam him into low earth orbit, there won't be much left of him. whoa and the end, I thought they were crazy letting her go but alas turns out they downloaded her consciousness - I should've known

all in all a pretty cool action packed Earth ep and I'm definitely looking forward to Trio
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X