Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Outcast" Pre-Airing and Speculation (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think we are going to get to know everything about John, possibly only snippets. I've never really been all that bothered about knowing about John's background. I'm really not sure what it will achieve. For me its enough to know that whatever happened in his past made him the man he is today. I'd like to see more insight into the Sheppard we have now, and what's behind the cool flyboy facade (which Sateda did quite well) rather than having huge chunks of his past life revealed. But having said that as we are having an episode that will concentrate on Sheps past how are we going to get this insight if

1) Shep doesn't really discuss anything with the people from his past... ie ex wife or whoever. What can we learn about him if he reveals nothing about himself.
    2) If we don't get any flashbacks at all then again how can we get details of what happened to him in the past.

JM has said it will give us Shep backstory so I'm wondering how that can play out. Firstly what has brought John back to earth ? ... this has to play a major role in how the story unfolds... I thought we may have gotten some flash backs as this would be the easiest way of showing us if Shep has a history of not fitting in ... and WHY. ... therefore emphasising the title "Outcast". Again I would think that the title has to be of some significance.. I thought we may get a fleeting glimpse of Shep through flashbacks which would account for why he is closed off emotionally, disobys orders , estranged from his family etc. It doesn't have to go into detail as I also much prefer the man to be mysterious but the tptb have been asked for backstory so I can't think how else they can give us this without delving somewhat into Sheps past..
    sigpic

Comment

Here’s a possibility: They found some Ancient something-or-other on Earth and no one can get it to activate. Sheppard is brought to Earth to give it a try. Then Postulate any kind of weird Ancient Technology and the story can become anything you can dream, complete with scifi.

I like this idea better than any others that I have imagined.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
        I was also thinking that we may get some flashbacks from Sheps past. They may be shown through a series of events that expalin how Sheppard came to be the way he is today. Otherwise how are we going to get any insight into his past if everything takes place in the present. I can't see Shep sitting down with various people from his past and discussing what may have happened on these occasions.

I was wondering about the reason John goes back... I was thinking that maybe he is seriously injured and that no one can help him on Atlantis and therefore he is sent back to earth. If he is seriously ill or injured this would be the perfect opportunity for various people from his past to come and visit him
        Spoiler:
        including Bates.
        . Why would his ex wife come into the picture unless John's life is in some kind of danger. Maybe upon seeing these people from his past they conjur up past experiences that give us more insight into the man himself. I think if they are flashbacks they will go into more detail than from what we saw in Phantoms. It will probably cover more areas of his past as well, both his military and his personal background.
        Now I like this idea very much! No surprises there!

What this thread has shown me, is that there are so many fantastic ideas fans have for this episode. In fact, you could probably make about three different episodes out of the material here. I hope TPTB can live up to the hype we're all imagining. It's a tall order.

I don't want to know everything about Sheppard either. I am curious about his ex-wife. Was he married young, or quite recently?

I'm also interested in his family. Does he have any, or doesn't he? Whatever else is in the episode I'm interesed to see. But I would like just really that one question answered. Are his family, ie, parents, alive? I'm presuming he has no siblings? Whatever else the writers want to let me know about Shep I'm happy to see.
        sigpic

Comment

There is a return in outcast of a person who has had a "debilitating injury"
          It's a Ford at least that's what I think

1. we know it's a guy
          2. a "debilitating injury" a pushment beating isn't a debilitating injury it's sore (Bates)
          3. geting souped up on wrath go go juice and becoming domented enough to take on a hive ship with nothing but a p90 a bunch of wanna be thugs and some nicked C4 now that's a debilitating injury to your brain

It's Ford on wrath Lucozade to me

Who do you think?
          C. Edmund

Comment

i heard it was

Spoiler:
            beckett
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
              i heard it was

Spoiler:
              beckett
              That does seem to be the general opinion of a lot of people at the moment, although I'm not sure what episode he's supposed to be in first, but this sounds like it could be the one.

As for Ford I know it has been confirmed by Joe Mallozzi that he won't return in Season Four.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Almighty_Wookie View Post
                That does seem to be the general opinion of a lot of people at the moment, although I'm not sure what episode he's supposed to be in first, but this sounds like it could be the one.

As for Ford I know it has been confirmed by Joe Mallozzi that he won't return in Season Four.
                Or EVER, at this rate...

Anywho, I like the idea of Bates or Everett coming back.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Atlanis View Post

1. we know it's a guy
                  2. a "debilitating injury" a pushment beating isn't a debilitating injury it's sore (Bates)
                  3. geting souped up on wrath go go juice and becoming domented enough to take on a hive ship with nothing but a p90 a bunch of wanna be thugs and some nicked C4 now that's a debilitating injury to your brain

Who do you think?
                  Joe Mallozzi stated that we last saw this particular character in SEASON 1.

Comment

Beckett is comming back in "The kindrid" i think
                    Evrett was in "The seige" pt 3.
                    C. Edmund

Comment

1. we know it's a guy

Who do you think?

Wasn't Bates was injured by the wraith who beamed in to Atlantis. It was set up to look like he might have been beaten up by Teyla - but later revealed that wasn't the case.

Considering JM said it was someone from S1 my money is on Bates. Although it could be Everett. I think he was life sucked in the Seige 2 which was part of Season 1.........

I thought I remembered that ford would not be making an appearance in S4. So that would exclude him.

Just my thoughts. Now I'm going back to the Outcast speculation thread.
                      sigpic

Comment

redfox posted this in another thread:

Originally posted by redfox000 View Post
                        Joe Mallozzi stated that we last saw this particular character in SEASON 1.
                        If it's true it can't be Everett...

I don't see Bates adding much to Shepp's character, which is what it sounds like this person will be doing.

Mallozzi also said that Ford will not appear in S4 at all. So who else is left?

Could it be Grodin (scientist that died on the Ancient Satellite in Siege pt. 1)? I found him quite likable, but last we knew, he had died.

Sumner is also dead based on what we know, but he probably would be the most interesting choice. Now that we know the enzyme gives people superpowers while being fed on, maybe those bullet wounds didn't kill him? Sumner and Caldwell also have a history together
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

1. we know it's a guy

Who do you think?
                          The only proper character that went out after S1 with an injury was Bates!

Everett is now an old man & would not be in the military after what happened to him. He's probably in a nursing home or whatever at this point if not a goner. Not to mention was only brought in for the events of 'The Siege', that was resolvedf. So need to see him again.

Ford was gone in S2 & JM has already stated he won't be back in S4. Beckett will be back for two eps (Kindred 1 & 2') so it's not him either.

Therefore it's Bates who will return! The only bad part about it was he was a good character, so it will be sad to see him just back for a single ep. Wit luck he'll be in more if they get a S5.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post
                            Here’s a possibility: They found some Ancient something-or-other on Earth and no one can get it to activate. Sheppard is brought to Earth to give it a try. Then Postulate any kind of weird Ancient Technology and the story can become anything you can dream, complete with scifi.

I like this idea better than any others that I have imagined.
                            I like that idea too. That way you can have a typical SGA story that just happens to take place on Earth and possibly allows Sheppard to come in contact with important people from his past.

I don't think we need flashbacks to get backstory. We learned about Rodney from his interaction with his sister. Technically we got backstory (a very small amount) in Sunday when Sheppard and Ronon were talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              I don't see Bates adding much to Shepp's character, which is what it sounds like this person will be doing.
                              I think Bates could tell a lot about Sheppard’s character, good and bad.

I do think Bates came to respect Sheppard, at least, grudgingly, even though the last time we see him up, he and Sheppard have had a disagreement about Teyla, then Sheppard is breaking up a fight between he and Teyla. In Hot Zone, I think Bates unlocks the Gym, at least in part, because he believes Sheppard is right to defy Weir and try to stop Peterson. So what he might say about Sheppard would be interesting.

And Bates has availability, he could easily be in the SGC (recovered from his ‘disability.’)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                                I don't think we need flashbacks to get backstory. We learned about Rodney from his interaction with his sister. Technically we got backstory (a very small amount) in Sunday when Sheppard and Ronon were talking.
                                I don’t think there has to be flashbacks, either. All we really need is casual discussion and some banter to reveal quite a bit. I don’t need my nose rubbed in the backstory, just the general idea of his family and what he was doing all those years before Afghanistan.

The ex wife actually appearing is more problematic. Maybe he takes Ronon to where he grew up or goes to visit a member of his family(gasp!) or a mentor, and runs into the ex. Or she’s in the Air Force and he runs into her. Or she’s a scientist and McKay drags him to see her without realizing she’s his ex. That is my most interesting scenario: she turns out to be a female McKay with better looks and better social skills and plenty of sass. And none of it requires flashbacks.

Oh, the possibilities!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X