This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the ep was excellent!

i really like teyla *and* keller! (they're both new for me)

there's not one complaint i can make from this ep except not referencing sam's orders about this or that. it was especially noticeable when sheppard was radioing teyla. but nothing earth shattering or something to throw one out of the story.

teyla kicked butt! she was violent, but it was honest and sober.

keller was very realistic in her fears and doubts. i saw no whining or moaning that wasn't just. and when keller hit the 'real' bad guy i said to my mom how brave she was.

the bad guys were really menacing and tough. at least to me.

i trusted that guy (the one keller treated) right up to a second before he hit teyla.

i really enjoyed watching the two ladies together. wonderful character moments and for this newbie, a wonderful way to fall for them.

i have one moment that my fellow sam/amanda whumper fans will understand... when teyla was in her first group fight, i was wishing sam had been in the scene too/instead. but teyla was great and my mom was yelling 'get 'em!'

a very solid and enjoyable episode.

from me!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - Missing- SciFi Channel SGA Site Updates Nov 9:

From the SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis site:

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/

"Missing"

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/episod...&ep=0405&act=1

* Episode synopsis
      * Photos

Next NEW episode: "The Seer" - Friday, Nov. 16 - A man who can predict the future is brought to Atlantis. But his arrival places the city in a crossfire between two Wraith hive ships.

Trailer for "The Seer:"

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=181804

Alex Levine's Blog Update:

Learn more about this week's episode in the Stargate Blog!

http://blog.scifi.com/stargate/

NEW: QUIZ

The Atlantis Expedition Quiz

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/quizze...ex.php?start=1

Nov. 10, 2007

How well do you know the members of the Atlantis Expedition — not the top people, the other guys? Take our new trivia quiz and find out!

VIDEO (at SGA's new Featurettes section)

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/featurettes/index.php

NEW: Nov. 8, 2007

In part two of a continuing video Q&A series, Joe Flanigan (Dr. Samantha Carter [wow, that's news!]) fields fans' questions from SCIFI.COM's Stargate Atlantis Forum.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/featur...dex.php?Clip=7

or

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=182814

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

The warrior with the lollipop in his mouth was the only thing worth watching in this episode

Comment

Just a meh episode for me, slow in parts, boring in others, but I didn't want to throw anything at the TV this week so I guess that is good.
          sigpic

Comment

i liked this episode. it wasnt exactly good but it wasnt bad either. the dude with the lollipop sent me into uncontrollable laughter for some reason

i think its a good episode for those "teyla doesnt get enough kickass scenes" people.

overall 7/10

any ideas to whats wrong with teyla? its not that pregnant thing ive heard about!?
            sigpic

Comment

Oh.

My.

WOW!

Now THIS episode is my favorite so far in Season Four. And Missing is definitely in my top ten of SGA episodes. Kudos to Carl Binder on the script and director Andy Mikita.

What a fantastic episode!

Teyla was amazing, spectacular...and very Jack O'Neillish...

Her determination and strength is admirable.

And her actions regarding the Bola Kai -- hunting down the runner, killing the survivor -- were correct for the situation.

I was glad that Teyla let Keller tend to the "Genii" -- that is also something Jack O'Neill would have done.

When the lollipops were introduced, I kept wondering how Teyla was going to turn one of those into a weapon. I wasn't expecting one of the Bola Kai to eat one! LOL!

I LOVE Keller! Jewel Staite is fabulous. (Okay, I'm going to have to look for my Thesaurus now...) Keller tackling the guy was great, and she knew exactly where to shoot him to get the best results.

And you couldn't get me to cross that rope bridge either! Yikes!

I wonder why Keller didn't use one of the fallen Bola Kai's weapons to defend herself instead of that scalpel?

Nice character development. Teyla was having a "date" with Kanan, and they've been friends since childhood. Keller is from Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin (yeah!), and the only family she has is her dad. I was surprised that Keller didn't invite Teyla to come home with her on her visit.

Wished we could have seen more of Danny Trejo (the Bola Kai leader) but the few minutes we had with him were more than convincing. If anyone can portray a cold-blooded killer, it's him!

The music was lovely; I loved the Stargate arrival on New Athos with Keller and Teyla; and way cool to see Rodney, Shep and Ronon exit the cloaking field of the puddle jumpter.

Truly marvelous to see the powerful women of SGA in this episode.

Out of ten, I'd rate this episode with 12 lollipops!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

hella prime episode. teyla pwning noobs is ftw. fairly brutal too, like axe to the gut and sword across the throat. good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  I knew the fake genii was bad news the moment I saw him. They would have been right to let him die. After all, why would the Genii be spying on the Athosians?
                  Teyla is Athosian.

Teyla knew the Genii first.

The Genii KNOW that Teyla is with Atlantis.

It's not too much of a stretch...to extrapolate then that the Genii might spy on the Athosians in hopes of finding out through them where Teyla is, and in finding Teyla, they find Atlantis.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

More episodes like this and they can cancel this series and I won't even notice. Within 10 minutes I was just bored, shortly after I just got up and went to do something else. So far this season there has not been one decent episode I can actually say I would watch again. Really, this show is getting to almost "Flash Gordon" production quality. This ep seems like it was written in 20 mintues by some guy sitting on the toilet.

Getting online now I took a look at the synopsis for the rest of the season, and I am shocked to say I have little to no interest in this show anymore, and this episode certainly helped put the nail in the coffin. Sad, I have been watch Stargate since it first aired some 10-11 years ago. I even liked the last 2 seasons of SG-1. But at least they were much more original than this dreck. I did not even bother to watch this when it aired, merely Tivo'd it, sad because there was a time Stargate would have been the ultimate priority when it aired.

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                      McKeller got me kind of tired with all her winning for the first 30 min. of the episode, she was taking Mckay's place.
                      I was pissed off after a few minutes of her whining....

I really liked the episode once it got past that...

I hope it's an episode that is critical to some future and/or present story line..

My Story:
                      http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
                        So Kanan is definitely the daddy?
                        maybe it's from a Wraith Turkey Baster?

My Story:
                        http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
                          maybe it's from a Wraith Turkey Baster?

congratulations its a beautiful baby........ wraith!? wtf?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mack_1 View Post
                            And last but not least, I know Carter is not like here, but wth? is she or is she not the "leader" of the Atlantis Expedition, not even a reference of her name? just to said Carter gave the order, or I contact Carter or Carter is aware? what's wrong with the writer's?
                            In SG1's "Deadman Switch," Hammond was never mentioned.

Nor was Hammond mentioned in "Emancipation," "Demons," or "The Last Stand" either.

The writers shouldn't have to explain EVERYTHING.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm glad actually it wasn't another "Sheppard/Mckay" one, at least they had that.
                              You're kidding me, right? The Sheppard/McKay eps are the best ever and at the moment, they're like the only episodes worth watching (when I see things like this ep in contrast).

Oh, and for the whole "Carter-not-being-mentionned"-thing? That's like the only positive thing you can say about this ep. (Apart from the actors-guessing-game between Sheppard and McKay, of course )

I think it's kind of funny, that there are actually people out there, who think this ep is a good one. Talk about different tastes...
                              As far as I'm concerned, it's not the worst ep of this season, but the worst SGA ep of all four seasons, so far.
                              I sincerelly hope it'll stay that way because with SGA, never before did I have the urge to turn off the TV without having watched till the end (and I am proud, that I actually DID hold out till the end, though I would certainly not have missed much if I had turned the thing off midway).

Comment

Fantastic Teyla episode. Great to see her finally get some good meaty stuff. Keller started out a bit whinny but I guess I can't really blame her.. but she got a lot better as the ep went on. Atlantis is much more then the McKay/Sheppard show for me and it was a treat to get something so good focused on the other team members.

The only bit I thought was totally forced was the secret boyfriend, but I'll keep my comments on that for the John/Teyla thread.

One of my fav eps so far

9/10
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X