This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    Does anyone remember Rising when John & Co. meets Teyla for the first time? Remember the guy that was with her? The look they exchanged? Is that the guy? Or did he end of Wraith fodder at the end of that, because we never did see him again later on.
    I would applaud TPTB if they could get that actor back and maintain that kind of continuity. However I doubt it...that guy wasnt exactly a "looker" and after all the TPTB focus on the pretty I doubt they would have Teyla dating just your average looking guy. Plus TPTB have shown the propensity to forget the little things from time to time (even when they are not completely contradicting themselves). If they do get that actor and make that they guy though I will be impressed.

Speaking of continuity (and not that I really care) it did occur to me to wonder what ever happen to Halling.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Does anyone remember Rising when John & Co. meets Teyla for the first time? Remember the guy that was with her? The look they exchanged? Is that the guy? Or did he end of Wraith fodder at the end of that, because we never did see him again later on.
      *raises hand* I remember him, he was cute

I think they cast someone from the movie 300 for the role of Kanan.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
        I would applaud TPTB if they could get that actor back and maintain that kind of continuity. However I doubt it...that guy wasnt exactly a "looker" and after all the TPTB focus on the pretty I doubt they would have Teyla dating just your average looking guy. Plus TPTB have shown the propensity to forget the little things from time to time (even when they are not completely contradicting themselves). If they do get that actor and make that they guy though I will be impressed.

Speaking of continuity (and not that I really care) it did occur to me to wonder what ever happen to Halling.
        I was thinking that Kanan was the Athosian guy she was sparring with in The Siege.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I didn't think it was fluffy, I thought there were interesting social issues that were addressed and it brings to light certain aspects of culture, relationships, and contrasts on what Teyla would have been like if she was on Earth and the Teyla we have now.

The ep is not based on the action and what you get from there. But basically the relationship and what stems from that relationship...I might have read into than most people, but tha was what I was watching on screen. But I noticed I read something entirely different from Tabula Rasa than most people.

I see huge philsopophical, hypothetical, and juxtapositional ideologies at play here. It was intriguing on that level alone for me. The fighting was just entertaining on a superficial level.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I thought this was a pretty good episode, lots of fight scenes. I liked the Bolo Kai, I don't think we have seen enough tribes like this these days in the episodes.

And yes, the lollipop's being eaten by the Bolo Kai was funny. I don't think that the Athosians are dead, they left the end open, usually when they do that, it means there is more to come. My guess would be that Michael took them to make more super bugs but the upcoming episodes don't seem to have anything to do with Michael.

Vala,

Comment

You both are correct AGF & R_P. That kinda continuity is just too much to ask for.
              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                I didn't think it was fluffy, I thought there were interesting social issues that were addressed and it brings to light certain aspects of culture, relationships, and contrasts on what Teyla would have been like if she was on Earth and the Teyla we have now.

The ep is not based on the action and what you get from there. But basically the relationship and what stems from that relationship...I might have read into than most people, but tha was what I was watching on screen. But I noticed I read something entirely different from Tabula Rasa than most people.

I see huge philsopophical, hypothetical, and juxtapositional ideologies at play here. It was intriguing on that level alone for me. The fighting was just entertaining on a superficial level.
                She could have fought with a gun for all I cared.

The episode was more about character relationship and maturity and the will to survive.

A doctor who never had to really fight for her life, who was never afraid once is suddenly placed in hostile territory and told to fight for her life. She's struggling to survive in a world she knows nothing of and the need to adapt. She went across the bridge, she learned that in survival, only trust those you know, and know well, and that the lives of others are second to your own.

She was forced from that happy faced doctor to a woman sobered by the reality of the harsh conditions some of the human worlds have in Pegasus.

This was not only a Teyla episode, this was a Keller episode.

Comment

Unlikely. Go back to Rising II, that guy was culled by the Wraith with the cool-aid dyed hair. The guy she'll get is a guy from the 300 film...lucky Teyla!!! She scored better than any other woman on SGA in my opinion.

I personally hope that Kanan is Michael Fassbender , then I can live vicariously through Teyla. I couldn't do it so well while watching HEX, and it was hard imagining being his wife in 300, he had a male partner he spent his time flirting with as he killed. ~sigh~

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  She could have fought with a gun for all I cared.

The episode was more about character relationship and maturity and the will to survive.

A doctor who never had to really fight for her life, who was never afraid once is suddenly placed in hostile territory and told to fight for her life. She's struggling to survive in a world she knows nothing of and the need to adapt. She went across the bridge, she learned that in survival, only trust those you know, and know well, and that the lives of others are second to your own.

She was forced from that happy faced doctor to a woman sobered by the reality of the harsh conditions some of the human worlds have in Pegasus.

This was not only a Teyla episode, this was a Keller episode.
                  I wholeheartedly agree!! This is why I rated so high!! It was a well established story that was extremely rich in the message that it was portraying.

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                  I was thinking that Kanan was the Athosian guy she was sparring with in The Siege.
                  Unlikely...plus that was Bambam... He most likely died in The Siege II, most of the Athosian who joined Teyla in battle on Atlantis were killed, since we saw them all laying on the ground (presumed dead) with a missing Teyla. So it's rather likely he was killed off. Anyway, I'm glad they have someone new.

Comment

I liked this episode. It was not fantastic, but much better than Travelers.
                    - There was some character background and development for both Teyla and Keller. By the end doctor became less whimpy and Teyla more human (not that she was not before, but the relationship and the consequences of it are something very new to her character)
                    - Like some people before in this thread I did find revelation about Teyla's "boyfriend" a bit forced, but I am willing to suspend my disbelief here. The real pregnancy had to be explained and Teyal is not kind of person who would be blabbing about close friendship all the time. I think she did mention some attraction to ill-fated woman in Sunday episode, only I thought she was talking about someone from Atlantis. Hey, at least we know she is human.
                    - Suspense was great. We all know it is going to get wrapped up in the end, but the question is always as how. Sure Shep and Ronon with P-90 were not the least obvious solution, but the mysterys of Athosian disappearance and the identity of the suspected Wraith worshipper remain to be solved. I like the arc here, it sounds promising and provides nice change from Asurans/Travelers/survival themes this season.
                    - Good cameo from Danny Trejo. I did not immediately recognize him under all this face paint.
                    - Favorite quote is form McKay: Arrows can be painful!
                    Overall I would rate this episode after Tabula Rasa, Lifeline and Adrift, but higher than Travelers, Doppelganger and Reunion.
                    sigpic
                    -I want you to know, even if you are gonna forget, that I wasn't with you all these years because we were trapped on this god-awful ship. I was with you because—
                    - I know. And I want you to know that I—
                    - I know. I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                      I thought this was a pretty good episode, lots of fight scenes. I liked the Bolo Kai, I don't think we have seen enough tribes like this these days in the episodes.

And yes, the lollipop's being eaten by the Bolo Kai was funny. I don't think that the Athosians are dead, they left the end open, usually when they do that, it means there is more to come. My guess would be that Michael took them to make more super bugs but the upcoming episodes don't seem to have anything to do with Michael.

Vala,
                      Or maybe he's part replicator, like Weir. Maybe they've been using Weir to try and make themselves more human like so they can ascend and are using the Athosians so that they can accomplish this and also maybe find out about Atlantis so they can get'em. I don't really believe this but anything is possible on this show. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Reign View Post
                        Or maybe he's part replicator, like Weir. Maybe they've been using Weir to try and make themselves more human like so they can ascend and are using the Athosians so that they can accomplish this and also maybe find out about Atlantis so they can get'em. I don't really believe this but anything is possible on this show. lol.
                        Spoiler:
                        The Kindred mentions an Athosian funeral fire and is filled with Michael and our beloved Dr. Beckett

Comment

It looks like I'm in the minority here but I thought it was a great episode. We see Teyla as being kind and nurturing so much that it's nice to be reminded that she is also a formidable warrior with no compassion whatsoever in the heat of battle. Above all else, Teyla is a survivor every bit as tough as Ronan. I found Keller annoying, but in character. I really didn't like the scenes where she hid while Teyla fought. Obviously, Keller is not a fighter but TPTB made her a coward, as well. If your friend was fighting for her life and your life was in danger as well, wouldn't you fight? Even if you were scared and had no training? I think anyone would. Hmmm, on second thought, I think this episode was good but not great because that REALLY annoyed me. I wanted to see Keller die at the end (like all Stargate doctors seem to). Loved Teyla, hated Keller. I thought the calvary saving them at the end was predictable, but necessary given the fact that it was Teyla against the Bola Kai. And obviously Shep would lead a rescue party if Teyla hadn't checked in or responded. Kind of predictable, but much more good than bad.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi, I haven't seen the show yet because I was reading here first to see if I wanted to see it. Anyway, I had a question from the posts I've been reading. It's been mentioned in a few that Teyla got whumped pretty well. If that's true and
                            Spoiler:
                            she's pregnant, wouldn't it cause a miscarriage?

Comment

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
                              It looks like I'm in the minority here but I thought it was a great episode. We see Teyla as being kind and nurturing so much that it's nice to be reminded that she is also a formidable warrior with no compassion whatsoever in the heat of battle. Above all else, Teyla is a survivor every bit as tough as Ronan. I found Keller annoying, but in character. I really didn't like the scenes where she hid while Teyla fought. Obviously, Keller is not a fighter but TPTB made her a coward, as well. If your friend was fighting for her life and your life was in danger as well, wouldn't you fight? Even if you were scared and had no training? I think anyone would. Hmmm, on second thought, I think this episode was good but not great because that REALLY annoyed me. I wanted to see Keller die at the end (like all Stargate doctors seem to). Loved Teyla, hated Keller. I thought the calvary saving them at the end was predictable, but necessary given the fact that it was Teyla against the Bola Kai. And obviously Shep would lead a rescue party if Teyla hadn't checked in or responded. Kind of predictable, but much more good than bad.
                              I came to love Keller, despite her annoyance in the first part of it. I agree with a lot of what you're saying.

I think what happened in this ep is that it's not fast moving, and it's not meant to be. You're supposed to see the relationship of the character, it's a storytelling mainly. There is a beginning, a middle and an end, yet there is still mystery and there are defining moments for two people who are utter juxtaposed against one another. That was what was important.

The point was to give you the internal workings of two people who are inherently different from one another and find compromise and commonality within their differences, from strengths to weaknesses. It's an intriguing and complex story that was put forth. I mean if you want superficial stuff well this wasn't an ep for a person. If you're looking for a quick fix this definitely is not an ep for you.

If you want to get to know Teyla and alternatively Keller --then this is the ep for you.

Comment

Originally posted by PegasusGalaxy View Post
                                Hi, I haven't seen the show yet because I was reading here first to see if I wanted to see it. Anyway, I had a question from the posts I've been reading. It's been mentioned in a few that Teyla got whumped pretty well. If that's true and
                                Spoiler:
                                she's pregnant, wouldn't it cause a miscarriage?
                                She didnt get whummped really really really bad most of it was to the face and head (amazing how she will maintain her nice looks though with all that )....but the doctor was very interested in keeping her in the infirmary for a while so they did seem to hint at it as a possible concern.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X