This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    if an unconscious female of child bearing years (which basically means anymore 12-70) is brought into an ER, one of the first tests they run is a pregnancy test.

if that person is gonna need x-rays or the like, they doubley run PG tests.

treatments vary with pregnancy and results can vary and they need to know.

Pregnancy is also determined by the presence of a specific protein/hormone (something, can't pull out the right term at the moment) and that is something that woudl be fairly easy to see in normal blood work

teyla, after being soundly whumped, likely needed some x-rays so they'd run a pregnancy test as standard procedure.
    Thanks for the education, Skydiver.
    || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by WingedPegasus View Post
      Thanks for the education, Skydiver.

so bottom line is ....keep it in your pants .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        ...or maybe it was because we got to see Koala people for the first time on TV

*Bring Vala, feed Keller to the Wraith!!!!*

*hides in the closet*
        Unlike what Teyla did to the Bola Kai, that would be considered murder. *Where did I put my club*
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked Teyla in this episode, especially at the end. However, Keller got on my nerves. IMHO, she was worse then Rodney. At least Rodney will fight to survive, even if he is scared s***less. And I doubt that Rodney would have cared about eating the squid thing. He would have gone back for seconds.

I know that there are some people who are going to disagree with me. But, IMHO, Keller has got to go. The Powers that Be should bring back Carson Beckett as a regular in the 5th season, and put Keller in the "recurring role" category.

<Ducks virtual tomatoes>

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Unlike what Teyla did to the Bola Kai, that would be considered murder. *Where did I put my club*

...according to what dictionary?

Welcome Mckayslady

Comment

Originally posted by McKaysLady View Post
              However, Keller got on my nerves. IMHO, she was worse then Rodney. At least Rodney will fight to survive, even if he is scared s***less.
              Rodney was just as scarad as Keller was in season 1

And I doubt that Rodney would have cared about eating the squid thing. He would have gone back for seconds.
              True

I know that there are some people who are going to disagree with me. But, IMHO, Keller has got to go. The Powers that Be should bring back Carson Beckett as a regular in the 5th season, and put Keller in the "recurring role" category.
              Another die hard Beckett fan, who won't give a new character a chance.

<Ducks virtual tomatoes>
              *Launch tomatao drones*
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Rodney was just as scarad as Keller was in season 1

...but a better actor and he did not end up a clown on the set like Keller.

Another die hard Beckett fan, who won't give a new character a chance.

*Launch tomatao drones*

Both Rodney and Carson stood out from the onset. How much time does Keller need, another season? Get real, if you are good you are noticed, if you are like Keller you need to "Exit, stage left". Every time I see Keller I imagine her being abducted and locked in a basement in the X-Files where no one can hear her shout. Those parts are made for Keller. She was perfect in that X-Files episode.

Comment

...but a better actor and he did not end up a clown on the set like Keller.
                  How is Keller acting like a clown. Its only natural to be scard in in life-threating situations. I dare you to tell me you wouldn't be scarad if you were weaponless and had a bunch of savages chasing you.
                  Both Rodney and Carson stood out from the onset. How much time does Keller need, another season? Get real, if you are good you are noticed, if you are like Keller you need to "Exit, stage left".
                  As i read the thread, roughly half support Keller and half oppose her. I wouldn't call her getting noticed
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I think I need to agree with you on this one. It would be murder for the Wraith who will feed on her. He will probably become a whiner just like Keller . Andee Frizzell will send him packing .

How is Keller acting like a clown.
                    See the episode again and I think I stand corrected: not clown, overkill.

Comment

Both Rodney and Carson stood out from the onset. How much time does Keller need, another season? Get real, if you are good you are noticed, if you are like Keller you need to "Exit, stage left". Every time I see Keller I imagine her being abducted and locked in a basement in the X-Files where no one can hear her shout. Those parts are made for Keller. She was perfect in that X-Files episode.
                      Jewel was great in Oubliette (The X-Files, ep 308), which aired twelve years ago. She is hardly the teenager victim character from that show. Keller is an SGA character.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Every time I see Keller I imagine her being abducted and locked in a basement in the X-Files where no one can hear her shout. Those parts are made for Keller. She was perfect in that X-Files episode.
                        And she was the first to being kissed resuscitated by Mulder.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                          Jewel was great in Oubliette (The X-Files, ep 308), which aired twelve years ago. She is hardly the teenager victim character from that show. Keller is an SGA character.
                          ...or she tries to be .

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            And she was the first to being kissed resuscitated by Mulder.
                            Ooooh, I didn't remember that! Looks like I'm gonna have to pull out my X-F DVDs! Thanks!

...or she tries to be .
                            Guess only Jewel knows who signs her paychecks.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              True, we never did to get to SEE a Re'tu again, but they were at least referred to in several episodes (Fair Game for one).

Morjana
                              We would've had a mention of the Bola Kai earlier in Reunion, if the scene didn't end up being cut (see JM's blog entry on that episode).

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                                It's okay, VB.

One of my favorite trainers has a saying, "Under stressful conditions, the dominant response emerges."

You have a good point: "No amount of training can prepare you when in the line of fire. "

There are aspects of being in the line of fire that must be experienced to be understood. However, information in advance will help, and some carefully prepared information on what to expect from someone who has been there.

Edit: I forgot to say, "The way one trains is the way responds" which is supposed to go with the saying (by the same guy) "Under stressful conditions, the dominant response emerges."
                                But I don't think people train you to deal with cannibals (cannibals who have the "swarm mentality" similary to hyenas), but that's just me. I think Columbus might have had that as a prerequisite training for his shipmates, but on average that's not every day occurence you're trained to handle. Further more, there can be no carefully prepared information when that situation was totally unexpected. Even Teyla was surprised, the only alternative was the guns that were provided to the villagers and they made it to the vilage intact and without a problem.

Lastly the planet was to be a safety planet...Teyla looked totally shocked by having the Bola Kai on such a planet, which suggests that they were called there and with the disappearance of her people and the possibility of a wraith culling and again the Bola Kai; we can safely assume there are things at work here that we don't have clear details on. So while somethings may be expected...as Rumsfield would say, the "things we know, we know", in this situation we're dealing with "things we know, we don't know."

In your edited note, I think your favorite trainer contradicted himself. The best way then to train a marine is to throw him into a pit of mock warfare with real guns however, real land mines; just to really grasp the full impact of what he has to deal with...let's not forget throw in a few flying limbs and corpses. I just don't see how any training can ever really encompass the real life situation. They can paint a cleaned up version, thrown in with a few words and maybe video action. But the feelings of adrenaline rushing through the veins caused by fear (an unmatchable need to survive and fear of death)...yeah...that just over powers reason; and reason dictates the usage of training.
                                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Working...
                                X