This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    It would depend on the country who had jursidiction considering that Canada doesn't have a death penalty
    Well you have to realize also that it might have been in the United States. All we know is that they flew somewhere to get to the medical facility.

Comment

Well, that was depressing. Shep sank to a new level for me. I no longer consider him a "hero" in the series. Sorry but he crossed the moral line with "offering up the options" bull crap. (Of course I shouldn't be surprised the writers did that--they had Thor blow himself up.)

I watched MASH right before this ep--I guess moral stories died out when MASH went of the air or when RDA left the SG-1 series.

Wallace was not very convincing as a desperate father--I've seen many people die of cancer and I just found him hard to believe. I also know of people who have lost "everything"--kids, house, job and they are still alive. Sorry, don't believe that whole--"he lost it all" bull crap. It was nothing more than Shep taking advantage of a grieving and desperate man.

Shep must have replaced by a replicator--just way occ.

No real moral to the story--at all.

Was nice to see the SGC but Barrett being the main contact was a little off the wall--wasn't he considered a risk at the end of SG-1 becuase he was compromised?

Anyways, I like the banter between jenny and rodney.
      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Teslan View Post
        I don't really care that Sheppard did it, because as scififreak23 pointed out it was totally in character. Everyone knows he would be unwillingly to let Rodney die. But to just let it go at that, and have them go off laughing at the end I felt was just a little too cavalier. They could of had something were someone made Shepard stop and think about what he had done. The guy was depressed about his daughter's death, and all the other crimes he had commited and Shepard kind of took advantage of that. He could have still in the end have felt he made the right decision, and I would have been fine with that, but to limit the criticism to that tiny little bit of discussion that ended with Rodney thanking him was too much for me. I can't say I am the biggest Daniel fan, but he brought a little thing called a conscienceto SG-1, something that only Teyla can really come close too. And I don't think either of them would have approved Shep's actions this time.

Someone pointed out that Wallace was already a deadman, but that still does not give Shepard the right to suggest suicide. If Wallace had offered his life up himself without prompting and Shepard gone ahead with it, that would have been the best way of going about it.

And I don't know if this counts as a spoiler or not but just to be on the safe side:
        Spoiler:
        Maybe he was joking but, didn't Mallozzi say on his blog that the Wraith could eat animals (thus their sharp teeth), they just liked humans better? Why didn't someone go to McDonald's and pick him up a hamburger?

It was established in an earlier season that wraith can't dine on animals. Humans are their only food source, so Mallozzi was probably joking. We have to go with what's shown on the series.

I think Wallace offering himself up would have been a convenient cop-out. by Sheppard 'presenting' the situation, it shows the tough choice he made (and I'm sure someone above him as Wallace's demise is gonna require a government cover-up for sure). Ethically, yes, the situation was dreadful, and that's the 'dark' we've been promised for season 4. If nothing else, it opens up the boards for some interesting discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          well, unfortunately people just tend to up and die, and it also shows that the nanites sure aren't ready for release at your local Wal-mart...
          As a proud Target employee, I am offended by this statement.
          sigpic
          It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post

Wallace was not very convincing as a desperate father--I've seen many people die of cancer and I just found him hard to believe. I also know of people who have lost "everything"--kids, house, job and they are still alive. Sorry, don't believe that whole--"he lost it all" bull crap. It was nothing more than Shep taking advantage of a grieving and desperate man.
            {Mod Snip} He murder his daughter. I don't quite understand why people don't realize this. It wasn't this simple naive little act that this man did. That's why Sheppard told him that his daughter died. It went from being some lesser crime that would still land you in jail to "your a dead man".
            Last edited by TameFarrar; 01 December 2007, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
              Finally! John does something truly interesting and defining. About time. Granted we always knew he cared about his friends but its nice to actually see how far he'd go and what lines he'd cross when it doesn't involve the black and white issues of shoot or be shot.
              I agree, it was interesting to see what John would do for his "family" (in 'Sateda' how he described the team to Teyla).

Originally posted by TDgamer View Post
              "And physically..."

"What?"

"Well... you're no John Sheppard"
              The best line of the night. I really loved it.
              there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Uh, I think someone needs to get over SG-1.
                This was SUCH a bad episode and mostly because it was based on Earth! This is Atlantis! I didn't think this show could get any worse, but it did!!!

Comment

Great episode, loved the character drama with Wallace going the way he did with to save his daughter. Seeing the SGC, Walter, and Agent Barrett was a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    Was nice to see the SGC but Barrett being the main contact was a little off the wall--wasn't he considered a risk at the end of SG-1 becuase he was compromised?

Anyways, I like the banter between jenny and rodney.
                    Yeah, its been awhile, but wasn't Barrett under Ba'al's control last we saw him? Wasn't he carted off to jail or something like that?

Plus, didn't sis live in Canada? Why was Barrett there with our "heroes"? They wouldn't have had jurisdiction in a Canadian kidnapping because no one knew whether or not this was related to Rodney's emails.

Ah yes, emails. Yes, let's send top secret emails to sissy's home laptop which is left open on the kitchen sink for hubby to see and for baby niece to possibly play games on.

Comment

Wow. Wonderful episode! Two thumbs up!

I've re-wound the Rodney-Shep scenes a dozen or so times already.
                      Kudos to Mr. Hewlett and Mr. Flanigan, as they did some incredible
                      angsty acting this evening. The Rodney asking permission to let the
                      wraith feed off of him scene was fantastic. The desperation in Rodney's voice and eyes---the look of inner turmoil on John's face over possibly losing another person close to him----I think it shows a real familiarity and trust between the actors----great stuff! Sniff.

I loved the Rodney-Jeannie scenes too. Like someone else already mentioned, I love that there's hints that they've kept in contact.

Other stuff I liked:
                      Shep keeping an eye on Madison while Rodney updates Caleb in the kitchen on what's going on----the actor who plays Caleb was very good---nice to see him again.
                      Walter shouting "BINGO!" and Ronon jumping up like a Jack-In-The-Box to escape from his ramblings the second Shep entered the cafeteria.
                      Zelenka! As always, very entertaining.

Favorite line:
                      Rodney: "Hey, you and I are about even in the looks department aren't we?"
                      John: "Who's been lying to you?"

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                        Uh, I think someone needs to get over SG-1.
                        This was SUCH a bad episode and mostly because it was based on Earth! This is Atlantis! I didn't think this show could get any worse, but it did!!!
                        Get over it, this was a great episode, it's not like we see the SGC every day.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                          Yeah, its been awhile, but wasn't Barrett under Ba'al's control last we saw him? Wasn't he carted off to jail or something like that?

Plus, didn't sis live in Canada? Why was Barrett there with our "heroes"? They wouldn't have had jurisdiction in a Canadian kidnapping because no one knew whether or not this was related to Rodney's emails.

Ah yes, emails. Yes, let's send top secret emails to sissy's home laptop which is left open on the kitchen sink for hubby to see and for baby niece to possibly play games on.
                          Obviously someone hasnt been watching.

Comment

Hubby knew about Atlantis.
                            It happens plenty of times with the United States. Those incidents don't involve secret alien technology capable of transporting people across galaxies (As far as I know).

Comment

So far this was the best episode of the season and maybe in the series. It had suspense from the beginning to the end. Instead of changing the channel during the break I did'nt because I did not want to miss anything.

The episode was great because it added to the on-going plot and it was dramtic.

Ronan in a sport coat, ever thought I'd see the day. but he still had jeans on.

When the kidnapper walked in and introduced himself, I thought he said he was the prez of TNT, and I was like thats not Ted Turner, whats going on then Rodney said DNT and then I got it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                                Get over it, this was a great episode, it's not like we see the SGC every day.
                                She was right. The SGC is not a part of SGA, and SG1 characters really don't fit with SGA folks. Its just another murky way for TPTB to continue to merge two shows into one, ruining both of them in the process.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                                X