This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    I didn't think Rodney was offering to "die" for his sister. We all know the Wraith can take bits and pieces, so I figured Rodney was offering some years off his life - go old, revive the Wraith, then they both continue working on the problem. That's how I took it anyway.

Shep laid on the guilt and drove an already depressed man into a suicidal man. I would have preferred to have Wallace offer his vegetative daughter to the Wraith, then take his own life, but Shep pushing him like that was downright cold, and I didn't care for it.
    McKay would have been aged to a senior citizen, and there's no guarantee that Alzheimer's wouldn't follow. It's a dreadful thing to say, but McKay is a valuable commodity to the SGC, whereas Jeannie is not.

Er, the vegetative daughter had died so that was not an option.

Comment

Wallace was facing two counts of kidnapping, and thosse were probably the less serious charges. For what he did digging up classified security stuff from the US could possibly have gotten him executed. Not sure if it's treason, but the gov't isn't gonna slap him on the wrist. He'd vanish into a dark hole and never be seen again.
      And murder. Don't forget the count of murder. I don't know why people think what he did to his daughter wouldn't be classified as murder even though he expected the opposite effect.

Comment

Heh I was really feeling for Wallace during that scene with him and Sheppard. The guy lost his whole family (wife, daughter) and was probably on his way to death row (not for kidnapping, but for acquiring government secrets) and when Sheppard started throwing our picture of Jeannies husband and daughter, I seriously wanted to hit him. What Sheppard did there was just...ugh. Yeah he was trying to save a life, but damn. Felt a bit OOC but definitely unexpected.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
          The reason he could regenerate Sheppard in Common Ground was because he fed off the Genii soldiers. I don't think feeding and then giving it back would help the Wraith (kinda like binging and purging).
          Hmm, a bulemic wraith. Nope, don't see that....

Comment

I didn't think Rodney was offering to "die" for his sister. We all know the Wraith can take bits and pieces, so I figured Rodney was offering some years off his life - go old, revive the Wraith, then they both continue working on the problem. That's how I took it anyway.
            John told Rodney that the Wraith would kill him, and Rodney responded with "Yes, I know." If the Wraith could have survived with just a little feeding, then Wallace wouldn't be dead.

Shep laid on the guilt and drove an already depressed man into a suicidal man. I would have preferred to have Wallace offer his vegetative daughter to the Wraith, then take his own life, but Shep pushing him like that was downright cold, and I didn't care for it.
            The girl was already dead. Rodney told John that she had died. The nanites ran out of power while working on her arteries (I think). She bled out.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana
            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
              Heh I was really feeling for Wallace during that scene with him and Sheppard. The guy lost his whole family (wife, daughter) and was probably on his way to death row (not for kidnapping, but for acquiring government secrets) and when Sheppard started throwing our picture of Jeannies husband and daughter, I seriously wanted to hit him. Yeah he was trying to save a life, but damn. Felt a bit OOC but definitely unexpected.
              I think it was a hard decision for Sheppard. He did not want to see his friend's sister die. Remember it was Wallace who infected her with the nanites. So if she died it would of been murder on his part.

Sheppard I think gave him a way out. To make him do the right thing. Still Sheppard probably felt guilty for how it went down.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
                Heh I was really feeling for Wallace during that scene with him and Sheppard. The guy lost his whole family (wife, daughter) and was probably on his way to death row (not for kidnapping, but for acquiring government secrets) and when Sheppard started throwing our picture of Jeannies husband and daughter, I seriously wanted to hit him. Yeah he was trying to save a life, but damn. Felt a bit OOC but definitely unexpected.

In an ironic twist, the shoe was on the other foot. Wallace did what he did to save his daughter; Sheppard did what he felt he had to do to save his friend.

And in reality, Wallace was a dead man. If he refused, which I'm sure he could have, Jeannie would have died and he would have been charged with premeditated murder. A capital offense. I'm sure Wallace realized this too and it's better his death actually save a life, than be totally meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  In an ironic twist, the shoe was on the other foot. Wallace did what he did to save his daughter; Sheppard did what he felt he had to do to save his friend.

And in reality, Wallace was a dead man. If he refused, which I'm sure he could have, Jeannie would have died and he would have been charged with premeditated murder. A capital offense. I'm sure Wallace realized this too and it's better his death actually save a life, than be totally meaningless.
                  Hee hee read above what I wrote.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah I understand that Wallace didn't have much a future left, and I think he knew that too. I just thought that bit with the pictures was too much. I'm pretty sure he had his mind made up already.
                    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                      The girl was already dead. Rodney told John that she had died. The nanites ran out of power while working on her arteries (I think). She bled out.
                      I like the idea of feeding vegetable girl to Todd. The line about her dying was sort stuck in there, like TPTB knew they had to get rid of her somehow, but didn't know how to do it, so. . ."she died". She could have died saving the sister, but no, its just mentioned that she died. Plain old dead-end writing.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

It would depend on the country who had jursidiction considering that Canada doesn't have a death penalty
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                          I like the idea of feeding vegetable girl to Todd. The line about her dying was sort stuck in there, like TPTB knew they had to get rid of her somehow, but didn't know how to do it, so. . ."she died". She could have died saving the sister, but no, its just mentioned that she died. Plain old dead-end writing.
                          well, unfortunately people just tend to up and die, and it also shows that the nanites sure aren't ready for release at your local Wal-mart...

Comment

I don't really care that Sheppard did it, because as scififreak23 pointed out it was totally in character. Everyone knows he would be unwillingly to let Rodney die. But to just let it go at that, and have them go off laughing at the end I felt was just a little too cavalier. They could of had something were someone made Shepard stop and think about what he had done. The guy was depressed about his daughter's death, and all the other crimes he had commited and Shepard kind of took advantage of that. He could have still in the end have felt he made the right decision, and I would have been fine with that, but to limit the criticism to that tiny little bit of discussion that ended with Rodney thanking him was too much for me. I can't say I am the biggest Daniel fan, but he brought a little thing called a conscienceto SG-1, something that only Teyla can really come close too. And I don't think either of them would have approved Shep's actions this time.

Someone pointed out that Wallace was already a deadman, but that still does not give Shepard the right to suggest suicide. If Wallace had offered his life up himself without prompting and Shepard gone ahead with it, that would have been the best way of going about it.

And I don't know if this counts as a spoiler or not but just to be on the safe side:
                            Spoiler:
                            Maybe he was joking but, didn't Mallozzi say on his blog that the Wraith could eat animals (thus their sharp teeth), they just liked humans better? Why didn't someone go to McDonald's and pick him up a hamburger?

As far as taking a little and giving it back:Isn't that similar to a human regurgitating? Can he get any nutrients out of that? When he did it with Shepard he had feed on quite a few Genii soldiers already.
                            Spoiler:
                            And the only other time we have seen it happen is in 'Travelers' and that time I don't think Shepard cared whether or not the Wraith went away hungry
                            If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              It would depend on the country who had jursidiction considering that Canada doesn't have a death penalty
                              Hmm, true, but he stole US government secrets. That alone has dug his grave (virtual or otherwise). In some respects it was aa foregone conclusion that if the wraith needed a snack, it wasn't going to be any one we knew, and Wallace was basically toast, and needed to make amends. Sure hope they gave him a percacet or six before the feeding.

Comment

My review, spoiler city.

Spoiler:
                                I LOVED this episode! One of my favorites! My highlights were Radek at the beginning "I can't wait for you to have an epiphany Rodney, I'm loosing the will to live." I haven't laughed so hard in WEEKS! And the lunch between Ronon and Harriman. Sadly, I was drinking and it spewed... everywhere.

The scenes between John and Rodney and John and Wallance were pretty intense.

All in all this has to be my favorite episode to far. Tabula Rasa and Doppleganger close second and third. I can't say I'm all that excited to see Weir again, but BAMBR does look REALLY good.

sigpic
                                Sig by me!
                                My FanFic's

Comment

Working...
                                X