Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the old days I remember half the forum wanted Sheppherd tried for murder and the other half were defending what he did
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Back in the old days I remember half the forum wanted Sheppherd tried for murder and the other half were defending what he did
      I think that still stands as true today.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Probably but their aren't the people here now to argue for/against Shep
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Because maybe we shouldn't open it back up...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Because maybe we shouldn't open it back up...
            I don't even remember what side you were on. Probably the opposite given how we disagreed back then
            Jelgate is right

Comment

If I remember correctly, then yes I probably was...

Comment

First time watch.

Whew boy.... I do NOT want to get into the ethical dilemma of this episode. That's one can of worms that I don't want to open this late in the night. In short, I thought Wallace was the right choice for the situation, but Sheppard should not have gone unpunished.. Leaving it at that. No more. If you want more from me, you'll have to wait for another day. Haha.

Only other thought on the ep: John and Ronon should dress in suits more often. Please and thank you.
                sigpic
                [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                  but Sheppard should not have gone unpunished.. Leaving it at that. No more. If you want more from me, you'll have to wait for another day. Haha.
                  If you read a lot of the other comments, that "he went unpunished" was the main quip a LOT of people had about this episode..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    If you read a lot of the other comments, that "he went unpunished" was the main quip a LOT of people had about this episode..
                    Someone had to die. Better a murderer than an innocent woman
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah.. I started to notice that when I went back. I just thought it was too big a decision to just be in Sheppard's hands alone. And because it was, there should've been some repercussions. Because that was a man's life that he gave the ok to end. It just seems to insane, NOT to punish him.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      Someone had to die. Better a murderer than an innocent woman
                      I agree that given the situation, the best choice was the murderer.. but at the same time, there had to be another option. Couldn't they find someone at the SGC on their deathbed or something that could give their life? Because although the guy was a murderer, he deserved a trial..
                      sigpic
                      [call me loser.]

Comment

Why should an innocent life have to go through such a traumatic experience. I find well in the realm of possibility their was no one ill at the SGC
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

That is very possible/probable, but I'm just saying that it should've been brought up as another possible solution. And what I meant was if someone at the SGC was willing to volunteer to lose their life. I forgot to mention the volunteering. >.<

But like I said, if there was no other option, Wallace was the definite choice.
                          sigpic
                          [call me loser.]

Comment

Also we have seen wraith feed on someone and NOT take all they can, just what they need. SO they COULD have asked around to if any of the base personnel would have been willing to say give 2-3 years each, so todd could have fed.

Comment

Also we have seen wraith feed on someone and NOT take all they can, just what they need. SO they COULD have asked around to if any of the base personnel would have been willing to say give 2-3 years each, so todd could have fed.
                              Holy crap. I didn't even think about that. That's genius. And honestly, given the amount of personnel needed for a base like that, I doubt everyone would even need to give more than a year.
                              sigpic
                              [call me loser.]

Comment

Exactly. Heck they could have gone to say a fed prison and said "Every year you volunteer of your life to the wraith, we knock off say 3 from your remaining jail term"..

Comment

Working...
                                X