Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller's Crossing Pre Airing Speculation and Discussion (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
    And why the frak is Walter there? Does it mean that if in this episode won´t be Carter (oh, please, let her be absent here) that they so necessary need to have someone else from SGC? Why can´t just Sheppard and Ronon go by themselves? I understand Berrett but Walter?
    From what I understand, the scene involving Walter is one set at the SGC. It's not like Ronon and Shep are taking Walter with them on a recue mission - they are at the SGC trying to track down the McKays and Walter works at the SGC so he's there too...

Another thought: I think I would like to see "evil McKay" here. I think that if he wouldn´t cross some lines because of Jeannie than who? I would like to see them escape by themselves, true. But if, just theoretically, Rodney were forced to kill some man to protect Jeannie? I think it could affect his character very much....
    Wasn´t in the Mallozzi´s song "disappearence of one, dark turn for another" (not exactly like this but you have a picture). What if it belongs here? I mean, JM never confirmed what episode is it, did he?
    JM has explained that the line in his poem about "a strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn" referred to a story arc for Teyla which has since had to be altered somewhat due to another, *ahem* necessary, story arc for her character.

On which note, from JM's blog:

Anonymous #4 writes: “So we finally get to see Teyla and Ronon on Earth?”

Answer: Ronon, yes. Teyla, no. Changes were made after the first draft.
    Explains why Ronon is in the scene at the SGC and not Teyla. I guess Teyla's condition has meant they've had to change her involvement in this episode.
    sigpic

Comment

JM has explained that the line in his poem about "a strange disappearance feeds another's dark turn" referred to a story arc for Teyla which has since had to be altered somewhat due to another, *ahem* necessary, story arc for her character.

Explains why Ronon is in the scene at the SGC and not Teyla. I guess Teyla's condition has meant they've had to change her involvement in this episode.

Oh, OK. Shame. I thought it could be interesting for McKay...so the only thing I can hope is that he will stay "deveploped" in other episodes. I would hate for him to be different again.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Oh, OK. Shame. I thought it could be interesting for McKay...so the only thing I can hope is that he will stay "deveploped" in other episodes. I would hate for him to be different again.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

*mental green for PG15 spreading the Gero love. i would green ya, but i can't for some reason*

imo, coz this season is gonna be darker anyway, there's great opportunity for some rodney darkness. i dunno if i want him killing anyone, but def showing his skills to protect jeannie. it's been shown in lots of eps he's really good with a gun, so i don't see a problem with him taking a shot at someone

and i like the idea of shep angst over rodney.
          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
          "what?"
          *throat punch*
          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

There is always a possibility of Teyla going to Earth in the second half of S2, since they're still not done writing 5-6 eps.
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

vaberella i think you mean season 4 anyway this episode does sound good still but what is such a shame is that we wont get to see teyla go to earth and interact with others that would have been interesting to see at least we will get to see more of teyla
              Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

well, maybe instead of teyla on earth, we'll see teyla on atlantis with carter, and the development of that relationship?
                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                "what?"
                *throat punch*
                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Yeah, i did mean S4. S2 is long past. ^^ I agree, they could always work with her on Atlantis. I don't really see the necessity of her AND Ronon going to Earth. I think the writers are looking at the characters more for their usage, or I hope so. There were many instances when I felt Weir or Carson not not to mention other characters, were just not necessary. This is all through S2 and S3---S1 was actually pretty good about that.

But really, there were some deadweights in some eps. So I'm hoping the writers are just seeing the purpose on the characters more so than on the the fact that they're regulars; and so, they have to be in each and every ep. I don't need that, to me a great ep is one that's executed well even without having 'everyone' doing something. But if she is on Atlantis maybe hanging with Carter, that would be cool.

Now we'd have to find out if Carter is in MC.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

No offense but I hope she isn´t there. Or if, so only in the beginning...I am looking forward to this episode, mainly because this is promising for some development for McKay which he really doesn´t have because of constant try of tptb making from him only comic relief.
                    So I hope in some nice interactions between him and Jeannie. And I also hope that Sheppard will show true concern for him. Not like in GUP where he was even *happy* that he can try if Jumper can be under water
                    I am interested how will Ronon react to Earth. He was in SGC already as I know but this could be nice. As I see it, Sateda wasn´t too different from Earth.

Comment

I am looking forward to this episode it will be nise to kate hewlets charictor back
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

No offense but I hope she isn´t there. Or if, so only in the beginning...I am looking forward to this episode, mainly because this is promising for some development for McKay which he really doesn´t have because of constant try of tptb making from him only comic relief.
                        So I hope in some nice interactions between him and Jeannie. And I also hope that Sheppard will show true concern for him. Not like in GUP where he was even *happy* that he can try if Jumper can be under water
                        I am interested how will Ronon react to Earth. He was in SGC already as I know but this could be nice. As I see it, Sateda wasn´t too different from Earth.
                        McKay has had more character development than anyone on Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          McKay has had more character development than anyone on Atlantis.
                          You beat me to it. He is far and away the most developed character, partly cos Gero is an admitted huge McKay fan.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I disagree. Gero writes episodes for him, true. But what are the other doing with him? Arrow in the butt? Making hole to wall by spoon? What kind of development is that? That´s the reason why people think that there is "too much McKay". They actually don´t write development for him, they just humiliate him, make stupid fun from him...no, it´s not development.
                            In McKay and Mrs. Miller, which was perfect, was Rodney shown as sensitive person...and what happened in Irresponsible? They put spoon to his hand and let him dig into wall.
                            I just hope that when they make progress with him in this episode, that he will stay like that.

Comment

I have to agree that McKay is the most developed character in SGA. Especialy if you compare him with Teyla or Shep. Still, most of the times in which McKay is on the spotlight it is as comic relief. I do like the funny parts, but I also think that he needs more of serious development. We know a little about his dinamics with his sister and I think it will be nice to get to see that side of him again. But I don't want this ep to become the McKays show. I'm mostly looking forwad as a team eppy in which we will get to see Ronon's and Shep's concern in looking for Rodney and Rodney's concern over his sister Jeannie.
                              My Stargate Art | My LJ | My Fanfics | My Vids | SGA H/C Challenges Comm
                              Sig and avi by me
                              Spoiler:

Comment

although my two fave people in atlantis are shep and teyla i also like mckay i think he is really funny but i have to admit that he has more screentime more than the other characters rock
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X