Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teal'c feed on and no life taken away wtf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    he was a jaffa

tretonin doesn't completely replace a symbiont - that's one of the gripes I have with the writers, they should never have taken away his symbiont (or at least they should've given him a new one)
    the lack of symbiont has made him weak. a jaffa at full strength would've been a match for a wraith warrior
    They didn't have much choice with them preparing the way the story was going with the Goa'uld. At first I agreed with you but not anymore.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
      They didn't have much choice with them preparing the way the story was going with the Goa'uld. At first I agreed with you but not anymore.
      at one point Tealc, when he had his symbiont, told a goauld that the jaffa would simply use & throw away the snakes as the need arose, the same way the goauld used & disposed of their slaves

can't remember the episode though (the goauld had told Tealc that the jaffa would never be completely free of their masters as they'd always need a symbiont to survive)

anyhow, the writers could've still explored that option - like a goauld breeding farm or something

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        Obviously the shock Wraith feel from a grenade differs from the shock of having your spine shattered by a piece of broken pipe.
        That is a good point. WE know from Ford that a sudden death to a feeding wraith puts lots of enzyme into you, so why did it not happen to Teal'c..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          That is a good point. WE know from Ford that a sudden death to a feeding wraith puts lots of enzyme into you, so why did it not happen to Teal'c..
          Perhaps the Tretonin inhibited the function of the Wraith enzyme, there 's a great many substances that can inhibit enzyme functions in Humans.
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Yeah thats what i thought it acted like the hoffin drug it stopped the flow of the enzyme posted it a couple comments up. Happy though that someone considered it like i did.

Hopefully in the upcoming episodes they will find out what kept the feeding from happening (if something did). Maybe if it was the tretonin they could make the Atlantis members take small amounts not enough to make their immune system die but just enough to stop feeding. Or will that make the wraith even weeker because we can beat almost everything they have then.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
              My best guess is about 140.
              He is around 100 when the show started, (according to the episode with the light opium den), plus 50 years in unending, so he is probably 160 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Corgano View Post
                As far as I know, Ronon IS immune to it. I think this was the reason why the wraith didn't kill him, but used him as a runner. I think it was mentioned in the episode, when Ronon was first introduced into the show.
                It was never explicitly stated in any episode why the Wraith chose not to feed and instead to use him as a runner and it was certainly never stated that he is immune. Joe Mallozzi has been asked on his blog and has stated that Ronon is NOT immune. One of the Fandemonium tie-in novels stated that Ronon was immune but sadly that was a case of fanon slipping through into canon and, as the author put it, one of the perils of writing in an ongoing (and therefore constantly updating) fandom.
                sigpic

Comment

past tense of be - same as yours (I hope -)

meh, first he needed a snake but now he needs regular injections of snake juice - that doesn't make him "more human", just more dependent

when was this stated in the series ?
                  That's joke and a Family Guy reference. That does indirectly make him more human in away because it takes away the 'Faustian' bargain of great strength in exchange for having to carry around a horrible evil creature in his body. It doesn't make him more dependent, if fact since the drug can be made without a snake the jafa no longer need to keep the species that enslaved them around in great numbers or at all.

It was stated in the season six dvd directors commentary, as stated before, I think it was on either redemption or the changeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth
                    That's joke and a Family Guy reference. That does indirectly make him more human in away because it takes away the 'Faustian' bargain of great strength in exchange for having to carry around a horrible evil creature in his body. It doesn't make him more dependent, if fact since the drug can be made without a snake the jafa no longer need to keep the species that enslaved them around in great numbers or at all.
                    uh he'll have to spend the rest of his life on snake fluids, it's a treatment not a cure so yeah he's pretty much dependent. and for all we know the tretonin is what's still giving him that extra strength Frasier spoke of (compared to other humans), amongst other things, so part of that devil's bargain still subsists (although the absence of a sentient snake is a significant change, "in a way", yes)
                    a real rupture with his past would consist in restoring his human metabolism completely (inc. his immune system, still inactive) so as to dispense with the tretonin, although we don't know if that's even possible (could a sarcophagus or telchak device do that ?)

Comment

he is like 150. he wasnt fed on for long... so hes like 154 now... i bet he doesnt even care ahaa

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever
                      to the blinder critics and philosophisers of today, but the core of science fiction,
                      its essence has become crutial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

uh he'll have to spend the rest of his life on snake fluids, it's a treatment not a cure so yeah he's pretty much dependent. and for all we know the tretonin is what's still giving him that extra strength Frasier spoke of (compared to other humans), amongst other things, so part of that devil's bargain still subsists (although the absence of a sentient snake is a significant change, "in a way", yes)
                        a real rupture with his past would consist in restoring his human metabolism completely (inc. his immune system, still inactive) so as to dispense with the tretonin, although we don't know if that's even possible (could a sarcophagus or telchak device do that ?)
                        Yeah, that's why I brought up the cyber symbiote. I doubt anything like that will ever happen though.

He's definitely still dependent but not as dependent as relying on a evil parasite species for his life. I never thought otherwise, personally I hate the idea of having to be dependent on a drug for survival.

The original tretonin was made from Tok'ra so I wonder if they have some Goa'uld hatchery where they extract it or if they can synthesize it chemically. I'm going to go watch the changeling soon to refresh myself.

Now that makes me wonder where and who manufactures it now, the Tok'ra or the Jafa or both, and if Jafa have to buy it or if it's provided by the Jafa nation?

When Jack was turned into a Jafa by Hathor putting him in a sarcophagus changed him back. But then he wasn't born a Jafa. If they found a Goa'uld (or the relevant info) that knew how to make Jafa from humans then they could probably figure out how to alter them back. If sg1 had kept going as a show that may have come up as an issue.

Comment

Considering that he's older than his former teacher now and still going strong, I don't think we should be too shocked at Wraithing not bothering him much. He's survived much worse:
                          Spoiler:
                          an Asgard time dilation field.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth
                            Yeah, that's why I brought up the cyber symbiote. I doubt anything like that will ever happen though.

He's definitely still dependent but not as dependent as relying on a evil parasite species for his life. I never thought otherwise, personally I hate the idea of having to be dependent on a drug for survival.

The original tretonin was made from Tok'ra so I wonder if they have some Goa'uld hatchery where they extract it or if they can synthesize it chemically. I'm going to go watch the changeling soon to refresh myself.

Now that makes me wonder where and who manufactures it now, the Tok'ra or the Jafa or both, and if Jafa have to buy it or if it's provided by the Jafa nation?

When Jack was turned into a Jafa by Hathor putting him in a sarcophagus changed him back. But then he wasn't born a Jafa. If they found a Goa'uld (or the relevant info) that knew how to make Jafa from humans then they could probably figure out how to alter them back. If sg1 had kept going as a show that may have come up as an issue.
                            well no jaffa was born a jaffa, they were all born human then turned into jaffas during primtah, so yeah then a goa'uld sarcophagus should return Tealc to normal (still a shame that SG wasn't able to secure a single sarcophagus after more than 10 years of operation btw :/ )
                            we'd risk seeing Tealc get weaker yet though, so that wouldn't be the best option even from his p.o.v

yes maybe they could just manufacture some sort of "symbiont-implant" - like a snake but without a brain, and which doesn't grow & mature, just an snake-larva-like organ that squeezes out tretonin. this would call on some serious genetic mojo though

I was thinking about the free jaffa too, in fact I remember the jaffa resistants, way back, complaining that by accepting tretonin they'd only traded one dependency for another (and the fact their relations with the tauri were strained after the Dakara events in s10 ain't gonna help either)

thing is we don't know how many of the Free Jaffa are on tretonin, nor how they manufacture it if indeed they do make it on their own (for that matter we don't even know how the hell they maintain their tech & their ships, AFAIK there is no such thing as a "jaffa scientist"...)

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a
                              Considering that he's older than his former teacher now and still going strong
                              you sure ? he certainly doesn't look older...

Comment

Tritonin obviously also makes the taker immortal, barring violent death.

I thought the Jaffa were a genetically engineered version of humans, bred and born with the pouches. Isn't the prim tah the puberty period when the body starts changing and begins requiring a symbiote? I thought the ceremony was the implantation of the first symbiote, not the transformation of a human adolescent into a Jaffa. Will check and see...

[The less said about 'Hathor', the better.]
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X