Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teal'c feed on and no life taken away wtf ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford was fed on in the same timeframe and he didn't lose squat (I imagine).
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Obviously the shock Wraith feel from a grenade differs from the shock of having your spine shattered by a piece of broken pipe.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Well, either the Wraith didn't have any time to feed on Teal'c, or he just lost a couple of years. What is he like 180?

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
          Well, either the Wraith didn't have any time to feed on Teal'c, or he just lost a couple of years. What is he like 180?
          My best guess is about 140.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by tjmitchem
            How do you know there wasn't any life taken away? I mean, the guy spent fifty plus years on the Odyssey (in Unending) and just wound up with a small streak of gray in his hair.

It's possible he lost 5 or 10 years from the feeding, it's just not visible on him. He wasn't fed on for very long. Not surprising, given he's a Jaffa.
            he was a jaffa

tretonin doesn't completely replace a symbiont - that's one of the gripes I have with the writers, they should never have taken away his symbiont (or at least they should've given him a new one)
            the lack of symbiont has made him weak. a jaffa at full strength would've been a match for a wraith warrior

Comment

Originally posted by Corgano View Post
              As far as I know, Ronon IS immune to it. I think this was the reason why the wraith didn't kill him, but used him as a runner. I think it was mentioned in the episode, when Ronon was first introduced into the show.
              as stated above, Malozzi said Ronon is not immune, furthermore that 2nd wraith warrior had Ronon pinned against the wall & was about to feed on him - Ronon was desperately trying to prevent him when Tealc shot the him (with Ronon's gun)

it's perfectly possible that Ronon is more resistant to feeding, but certainly not immune to it
              Last edited by SoulReaver; 17 February 2008, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
                And Mallozzi said he is NOT immune.
                There you have it then.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                he was a jaffa

tretonin doesn't completely replace a symbiont - that's one of the gripes I have with the writers, they should never have taken away his symbiont (or at least they should've given him a new one)
                the lack of symbiont has made him weak. a jaffa at full strength would've been a match for a wraith warrior
                That depends on what your definition of was is

In the season six directors' commentary they said that one of the directions they were going with Teal'c was that he was regaining what he would have if the Jafa hadn't been altered by the Goa'uld. Essentially regaining his 'humanity'. If he still had a symbiote he would have died in "End Game". Plus at his age a new symbiote would reject him, same as Bra'tac. Maybe they can give him a 'cyber-symbiote" like a little robot in his belly that manufactures tretonin that way he doesn't have to shoot up.

Comment

The situation should not have happened in the first place, Teal'C is way too strong, even without the snake. The Wraith was a just regular clone.

They took dramatic license, the 'final battle scene'.

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
                    Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    My best guess is about 140.

SPECULATION:

He was 103 in season 4.

so at the start of unending he was 109

spent what...50 years on board?

add a year for the time between unending and Midway

Comment

160? Damn!

And he still fights like a 30 year old!

Puts even somebody like Randy Couture to shame!

Comment

Emm Teal'c is a Jaffa, they live for a very long time. He was fed for like what 5 seconds, then that's like a couple of years taken, he already lost 50 or so years and got a grey streak across his hair as a result, you honestly think that by being fed on for like 5 meesy seconds results in another additional 50 years being taken away from him?

**cue rolleyes!**

Comment

Originally posted by Gaeth
                          That depends on what your definition of was is
                          past tense of be - same as yours (I hope -)

In the season six directors' commentary they said that one of the directions they were going with Teal'c was that he was regaining what he would have if the Jafa hadn't been altered by the Goa'uld
                          meh, first he needed a snake but now he needs regular injections of snake juice - that doesn't make him "more human", just more dependent

Plus at his age a new symbiote would reject him, same as Bra'tac.
                          when was this stated in the series ?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            when was this stated in the series ?
                            In threshhold, Bra'tec, who is younger than Teal'c now if you go by how old Teal'c was in The Light, said his current symbiote would be his last since he was too old for another. "It is how old warriors die." Which makes me think, we really have no idea how long Jaffa can live while on tretonin. Presumably much longer than the 150 or so year they can live with a snake in their gut.

Perfecto!

Comment

i dont think tealc lost any of his life since the wraith have to inject some goo in the host to feed

ford was fed on much longer than tealc yet ford managed to become superhuman yet then again his face was abit droopy
                              sigpic

Comment

I think teal'cs tretonin acted as a antibody and stopped the wraith from feeding. Even though it was on him from a second, it stopped the wraith enzyme from entering him. Kinda like the Hoffans drug.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X