This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised View Post
    The painting at the end ruined it SO BAD. I've yet to see something that lasted for a few seconds ruin an episode...but this one did.
    was the only lol part of the episode. if they had of cut it down to the final 10seconds it might have been ok.

Comment

The Genii were mercenaries; they were being paid by the other sister. So the Genii leadership may not be involved.

Comment

Predictable plot, but entertaining.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
          Wow, we were treated to a travelogue through the Vancouver woods with Smarty Pants Barbie.

Not sure if I cared for this or not. There were some funny gags, but a few jokes don't make a good story. The Genii seemed out of place, and I couldn't figure out why this bratty 13 year old was considered the "best" to rule over both older sisters.
          It probably had something to do with the Ancient gene. But honestly, the show just wouldn't have been as funny if ti were one of the older sisters. And McKay would've never gotten the girl if it had been lmao.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

The painting. Single best moment of S4 so far, maybe second to the fleet sequence in BAMSR. I'll never forget that scene. Otherwise, kinda okay episode for a filler I guess. Mini-drones were bleh. Might as well put mini-wraiths for practice targets, with little mini-hives floating around launching mini-darts that tries to attack toy-sized versions of Atlantis, with mini-jumpers defending it by launching said mini-drones. Whatever.

Only thing that was missing was Harmony getting a full clip of P90 in the face. I think I wanted to see her get shot more than I wanted to see Kavanagh get his ass kicked by Ronon back in S2. I love Jodelle Ferland, but God was she annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              I laughed out loud at McKay's comment that Harmony is more mature than most of the women Sheppard falls for.
              I almost forgot about that. That's another one of the most hilarious lines in this ep.

It seems like they took a completely different aproach to the comedy in this episode than they did on some of the "comedy" episodes of SG-1 and it worked.
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Shep/McKay, so an ep dedicated to them is automatically not going to rank that high with me. Also: filler! And rather bland filler at that. The plot was predictable - future queenie has to prove herself so Shep and McKay play bodyguards, older sis plots to have the younger one offed, completely nonthreatening tension with the Genii ensues, queenie wins the day. I don't care much for eps where I can call almost everything that happens. Also, I thought most of the quips fell flat. As the bf says "they spent an ep on this?"

And the precocious brat? Meh and yawn. Of COURSE Shep is going to take her side in the Powerbar battle while she pretends to cry. Of COURSE she's going to play sweetie to Shep while dagger-eying McKay! Of COURSE she's going to be a nuisance while there's danger.

Seriously, the whole "every female falls for Shep!" plotline has jumped the shark when 13 year old girls get moony after seeing him.

The best thing? That first scene where they started walking in that huge valley was the same location in BSG's Kobol's Last Gleaming where Baltar et al. crashed. Pretty place.

Ranks at the bottom with Travelers and Quarantine for me. Is it time for Kindred yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 1138 View Post
                  The Genii were mercenaries; they were being paid by the other sister. So the Genii leadership may not be involved.
                  That makes sense. Did they say that in the episode? I don't remember it.

Comment

I thought it was a "ok" episode....I'm not one who doesn't like Mckay (duh) or Sheppard...but really, how many episodes are they going to have that focus so much (or all of it) on just them!

The girl was wonderful I think.....and there were a lot of great moments for me between her and Sheppard/ her and McKay.

Comment

Excellent episode- I laughed out loud at the end.

Would everyone agree that the writing for the last 5 episodes has been pretty solid. It doesn't look like SGA is moving along the path-of-poor-writing that Star Trek Voyager blazed.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                        Honestly this was my least favorite episode so far this season. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I know that it's all meant in good fun but I really do think that whole thing with every female being besotted with Shep is getting really tired. The twist with Rodney ending up being the object of affection made it a tad more bearable but I seriously think that John is starting to come across as kind of an egomaniacal Bond type.

The kid was cute and her interaction with Rodney was funny but it wasn't enough to carry the show for me.
                        The whole Shep argument might be easier to accept though you're sig kinda makes it harder to accept. I might agree if it was overdone here but it wasnt. For me the "kirking" wasnt bad at all and the Mckay kirking was cute. The banter was very well done here. I really expected a stinker but was pleasntly surprised.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This episode was so predictable.

I knew the second I saw that other sister she would be nvolved with the Genii.

I knew they would find some control counsel for "the beast"

I liked the fact they found the Drone reasearch faculity, but it sucks they look like those eletrical bugs. And mini drones, I kept thinking of those crappy mini burgers, the same thing just smaller and less satisfying.

Liked the fact Rodney got his moment of glory and that its captured in ink.

And the leader of the Genii is that Jaffa commander from Baals ship building planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            This episode was so predictable.

I knew the second I saw that other sister she would be nvolved with the Genii.
                            I suspected but wasnt 100%.

I knew they would find some control counsel for "the beast"
                            I didn't. At first I was afraid we would see another beast like in Epiphany(which I loved btw) but was surprised it was mini drones.

I liked the fact they found the Drone reasearch faculity, but it sucks they look like those eletrical bugs. And mini drones, I kept thinking of those crappy mini burgers, the same thing just smaller and less satisfying.
                            They looked nothing like those. THey looked like tadpoles.

Liked the fact Rodney got his moment of glory and that its captured in ink.
                            That was sweet.

And the leader of the Genii is that Jaffa commander from Baals ship building planet.
                            Now that you mention that you're right nice catch.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              The whole Shep argument might be easier to accept though you're sig kinda makes it harder to accept. I might agree if it was overdone here but it wasnt. For me the "kirking" wasnt bad at all and the Mckay kirking was cute. The banter was very well done here. I really expected a stinker but was pleasntly surprised.
                              I'm not really sure how my signature with pics of Cliff Simon taking his shirt off at a convention has anything to do with my feeling that the they've overused the whole alien women falling for Sheppard bit. If I were complaining that he was running around shirtless then maybe I could see the comparison but as is I just don't see what you're aiming at.

I didn't hate the episode but I do think that all the shameless kirking sort of undermines Shepard as a military officer at times. It's a pet peeve but if people dig it then I'm happy for them.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

No question one of the worst episodes of the series and the worst of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X