Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was truly a filler episode. And I liked it!

I think I was one of the few actually looking forward to this one.

I liked Harmony throughout the show. She wasn't a total brat and when she was, well, Rodney was bringing it out by being bratty himself. And really her big concern was being a good leader for her people. Not a bad quality.

I thought it was funny how John wasn't picking up on her not-so-subtle signals that she was interested in him. Of course, when she told him she would be needing a king, the light finally dawned.

Lots of good conversation between John and Rodney. And I'm sure we'll get some great screen caps of their expressions throughout as they dealt with Harmony.

Sure, there was some stuff that was fairly predictable, but I just really enjoyed the performance of the main three. It was nice to get an episode that I was into since the last two episodes were just "meh" for me.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Was it the best episode... No
      Was it horrible...No
      But it did have its great moments in the back half of the episode.
      The John crush was not a suprise at all. At least Rodney told Harmony she was the most mature one out of all the girls that want John. LOL
      I so absolutely loved it when Harmony got a crush on McKay at the end and the painting was priceless. OMG I couldn't stop laughing, it was like YES finally McKay looks like the hero and John looks silly...
      But above all, I always enjoy it when they have John and Rodney(buddies) episode.... can't get enough of those.. Those two just click together.

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

Some of my very favorite episodes are McKay/Sheppard heavy ones. I've watched The Defiant One and Trinity countless times. I love their bantering friendship. This episode didn't reach that level for me; it was ok, but not great.

There were some nice lines, like Shep's "spidy sense" and I laughed out loud at McKay's comment that Harmony is more mature than most of the women Sheppard falls for. Harmony herself was ok, but perhaps too annoying and bratty, even for a 13-year-old princess. I did really like McKay shielding her from gunfire near the end--Rodney finally saves a kid, like he talked about way back in Hot Zone.

But the episode was pretty slow-paced; maybe that's what made the banter between these two feel a bit flat and off at times. It was good to see the Genii (I've missed them this season), but they easily could have been any group of hired thugs. We didn't learn anything about how, or if, they were affected by the Replicator/Wraith war, or if Ladon is still their leader. I guess I was expecting more from their appearance. Also, I pegged the evil sister as the bad guy from the first time she spoke; that was a bit too predictable. And, um, mini drones? Seemed a bit random.

I liked this episode much better than last week's, but I also won't be rewatching it repeatedly.

Comment

Was this episode a joke?

Comment

I hate having bratty, little kids on tv shows. How is it a good idea to give a twelve-year-old the majority of the script when it's a show geared for adults? This is my own pet peeve, so I understand if others felt differently. Personally, the fact that the annoying brat survived and was crowned was enough to entirely ruin any hope of redemption.

Besides the kid, the whole plot was beyond predictable. Who didn't see the whole "beast" being connected to the brat? And the Ancient tech just happens to be something Rodney has been searching for? Hit one for coincidence. I never want to see this child or her people again.

However, I loved getting the whole Sheppard/McKay relationship again. Their friendship has really grown and it's nice to see them depend on each other. I really liked that Rodney called Sheppard "John" throughout the episode. Like the rest of the team, it's nice to see them on a first name basis now too. This episode was a complete love/hate for me. Loved the boys on screen together again, hated the plot with the brat. If the kid plot had been replaced with anything else I probably would have loved it seeing as it was so McKay/Sheppard focused.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
              Was this episode a joke?
              If so, it was one that made me laugh.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The problem with this episode was that it didn't know just "what" it was supposed to be. Was it a comedic episode, ala "Window of Opportunity" or "The Other Guys"? Was it a drama, with a woman trying to murder her younger sister and stage an uprising, with our heroes trapped in the deep woods, having to shoot their way out? What the heck was this supposed to be?

Yes, there were a few good jokes, but there was death, deception, a relative trying to murder a child! Sorry, but jokes and murder don't quite mix.

If TPTB were going for a funny episode, they should have gone all the way. They CAN do it, as WoO has shown, but this just came across as a total mess, as if written by committee. One guy wanted comedy, but another wanted heavy drama, someone else wanted Rodney to finally save a kid - hey, let's mix it all up together and VOILA!

I did like the painting, and the mouthy kid didn't bother me too much, but overall this episode didn't work on any level for me.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Honestly this was my least favorite episode so far this season. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I know that it's all meant in good fun but I really do think that whole thing with every female being besotted with Shep is getting really tired. The twist with Rodney ending up being the object of affection made it a tad more bearable but I seriously think that John is starting to come across as kind of an egomaniacal Bond type.

The kid was cute and her interaction with Rodney was funny but it wasn't enough to carry the show for me.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I like the idea of having Rodney flogged for being insolent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                      I like the idea of having Rodney flogged for being insolent.
                      Yeah, that kid is gonna make a great leader, especially after her own sister tried to have her killed.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                        Honestly this was my least favorite episode so far this season. It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either. I know that it's all meant in good fun but I really do think that whole thing with every female being besotted with Shep is getting really tired. The twist with Rodney ending up being the object of affection made it a tad more bearable but I seriously think that John is starting to come across as kind of an egomaniacal Bond type.

The kid was cute and her interaction with Rodney was funny but it wasn't enough to carry the show for me.
                        I agree with you on it getting old that every woman falls for John..... I'm rolling my eyes everytime that happens. Its time for that to not always happen to him.
                        But at the end of the show, when the girl was besotted on Rodney and the picture, it was priceless... I was going finally, its Rodney that looks the hero...

By Kidwizz

By JessM

Comment

what a crap episode. they should have just shot the kid at teh start and let the hot chick take over. would have been at least 7x better.

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                            I know that it's all meant in good fun but I really do think that whole thing with every female being besotted with Shep is getting really tired. The twist with Rodney ending up being the object of affection made it a tad more bearable but I seriously think that John is starting to come across as kind of an egomaniacal Bond type.
                            Yeah, that kind of annoyed me too. Sheppard's great and all--he's one of my favorite characters--but I find it hard to believe every female would be besotted with him, as you say. (Though I'm sure the thunkers may disagree)

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                              what a crap episode. they should have just shot the kid at teh start and let the hot chick take over. would have been at least 7x better.
                              The one who was obviously evil because she was showing the goods to everybody and their brother?

As opposed to the one who kept her stuffs semi-hidden behind a not-quite-whorish neckline.

Comment

The painting at the end ruined it SO BAD. I've yet to see something that lasted for a few seconds ruin an episode...but this one did.

Comment

Working...
                                X