Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Doppelganger Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Snort. It's called getting ratings.

In regards to say, the season 6 episode where they turned the Russell Crowe movie A Beautiful Mind into an SG1 episode, definite ripoff (sorry, the 'homage' claim just doesn't cut it). As for taking an SG1 episode and translating it into an SGA episode (and since it was done by the same writers), I can't say, although I think it's laziness to a degree, or do they really think that no SGA fan has ever seen an SG1 episode? Some similarities can be expected, but when you go "wait, I've seen this plot already!", well, come on guys, get in some fresh blood.
    I don't think it's laziness, you can take the premise of an idea, be it a word, or a 'look' from anything and turn it into something really great and something that's completely differet. I've watched SG1 for years and i've yet to see a 'copy' of any ep from SG1. They are completely different, adn 'homage' doesn't equate to copy in my book. You could say the same thing about every single thing that's be on TV or in books and say they've copied them. *shrugs*.

Never said I didn't support Doppelganger, just that I have reservations. Ever since TPTB started mingling with fans on the net, I've seen them say things that just never come to fruition, or say "You're going to love this!" and then the end product is well, no, I didn't love it. There's the possibility this could be a really good episode, and there's also the possiblity it might not. I just tend to sit on the fence and look at both sides.
    I think it's a good thing tbh, it shows that they respect the fans, and want to push that excitement further. I love that they mingle with us plebs on occasions, they really don't have to. But they do, because they know how much we care about Atlantis succeeding and we don't want it to finish at the end of S4 do we? I digress.

EVIL SHEP! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Prion, throw your reservations by the wayside and come and play, it's much more fun. I mean all we're doing is specualting at what's to come, and I think this is going to be a great team ep, with lots of angst between each of them, something that's not really explored a lot, but could hold a lot of promise. We always see the team working together, so if would be great if they could explore the possibility of them turning against each other.

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Oh, you didn't know? The crystal will be a pretty yellow, like citrus, which is why Rodney won't touch it Just kidding. I'd like whatever the device is ("oh look, looks just like a tV remote!") to be so innocent looking you just would never guess...
    *snort*

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
    Citrus crystals?

As far as we know, Shep's doppelganger is an enticing force in the team's dreams. Sheppard isn't necessarily the person in their dreams that's doing any whumping as such, he's just the form the entity takes in the dreams. We have no idea if Sheppard is taken over by the entity outside of the dreams, but from the spoilers, initially, I'd guess not. It seems as if the entity goes from person to person forcing them to endure their worst nightmares, and the entity is present in the dreams and masquerades as Sheppard, because Shep touched the crystal first. So it appears that entitySheppard is there in the background of said dreams, perhaps compounding their fears?

I think McKay will probably just have nasty dreams. Who knows what his worst nightmare might be? That he fails at something?
    Citrus crystals, hehehe. From what i've read and I may be way off base, so maybe he is like their negative thoughts, turning their confidence into self doubt and encouraging all their insecurities and fears to surface.

oooooh the possibilities. I think i'd like him to be more more up front rather than enticing from the sidelines

Originally posted by Sheppard's Delight View Post
    Or maybe he is attacked by giant lemons?
    Hehehe

Comment

Oh very funny, go on give tptb ideas... I knew it was a mistake to post in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        I don't think it's laziness, you can take the premise of an idea, be it a word, or a 'look' from anything and turn it into something really great and something that's completely differet. I've watched SG1 for years and i've yet to see a 'copy' of any ep from SG1. They are completely different, adn 'homage' doesn't equate to copy in my book. You could say the same thing about every single thing that's be on TV or in books and say they've copied them. *shrugs*.

I think it's a good thing tbh, it shows that they respect the fans, and want to push that excitement further. I love that they mingle with us plebs on occasions, they really don't have to. But they do, because they know how much we care about Atlantis succeeding and we don't want it to finish at the end of S4 do we? I digress.

EVIL SHEP! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Prion, throw your reservations by the wayside and come and play, it's much more fun. I mean all we're doing is specualting at what's to come, and I think this is going to be a great team ep, with lots of angst between each of them, something that's not really explored a lot, but could hold a lot of promise. We always see the team working together, so if would be great if they could explore the possibility of them turning against each other.

*snort*

Citrus crystals, hehehe. From what i've read and I may be way off base, so maybe he is like their negative thoughts, turning their confidence into self doubt and encouraging all their insecurities and fears to surface.

oooooh the possibilities. I think i'd like him to be more more up front rather than enticing from the sidelines

Hehehe
        That's what I was presuming. The the entity uses Shep's image and maybe taunts the team, or just picks away at their fears and insecurities, making them feel worse! Poor team!

I am curious to know if Sheppard has nightmares too, and that if he does, does he see himself in them, as the entity plays around in his head? That'd be pretty disturbing!
        sigpic

Comment

That's what I was presuming. The the entity uses Shep's image and maybe taunts the team, or just picks away at their fears and insecurities, making them feel worse! Poor team!

I am curious to know if Sheppard has nightmares too, and that if he does, does he see himself in them, as the entity plays around in his head? That'd be pretty disturbing!
          If the spoilers that came out are true from Canadan, then yep we'll get to see him having his own nightmare...and you know what that means?

Hot and sweaty Shep getting all angsty

As for the disturbing, can I just say?

Squeeeeeeeeeeee

I love seeing the pyschological effects on people especially when it relates to their worst fears, because adversity brings bonding. So when all is said and done (and i'm really hoping for a bit of mistrust within the team) I would like to see them trying to rebuild that trust, especially if they don't know if Sheppard is real or not

I can't stand the suspense, it's going to drive us nuts

Comment

OMFG lemonade just came out of my nose (that can't be good right??) I now have a very vivid image in my head of McKay running screaming through the halls of atlantis with a giant lemon bounding behind him - thats just plain scary!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
              Oh very funny, go on give tptb ideas... I knew it was a mistake to post in here.
              You mean you wouldnt enjoy that

Ummm what about he dreams that he is back at school and ....OMG I wont even go there!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                OMFG lemonade just came out of my nose (that can't be good right??) I now have a very vivid image in my head of McKay running screaming through the halls of atlantis with a giant lemon bounding behind him - thats just plain scary!!
                Sorry about your nose though! Those bubbles really sting the old nostrils!!!
                You mean you wouldnt enjoy that

Ummm what about he dreams that he is back at school and ....OMG I wont even go there!!!
                Very good! I have visions of
                Spoiler:
                underwear on heads and such like!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Plus can you imagine realSheppard in the morning, everyone looking at him funny, nobody wanting to talk about what's under their skin. Before they all figure it out, I mean. Makes me feel a little bad for him.

This could be like a cautionary tale for the characters. You know, like you shouldn't speak Latin in Giles' library? Or saying real incantations in a Supernatural episode. This could be the We should maybe stop touching crystals on alien planets ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Listy View Post
                    And hilarious.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Rodney and the lemons! I love it. I can see Rodney's nightmares now ... he gets attacked by sentient lemons who taunt him with the physics knowledge while Sheppard ... yeah ok, I've got nothing. But I think I'm looking forward to seeing Rodney's dreams the most. The speculating is wayyyyyy too much fun.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                      "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                        Rodney and the lemons! I love it. I can see Rodney's nightmares now ... he gets attacked by sentient lemons who taunt him with the physics knowledge while Sheppard ... yeah ok, I've got nothing. But I think I'm looking forward to seeing Rodney's dreams the most. The speculating is wayyyyyy too much fun.
                        The dreams are going to be very interesting!!

Oh and congrats on 1800 posts!!!!

Comment

Indeed it is. Way too much fun speculating on taunting rodney.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

lol, yeah. It's always fun to see into the unconcious minds of the characters. And thanks!

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Indeed it is. Way too much fun speculating on taunting rodney.
                            LOL .. yes indeed. Or speculating about an angsty or evil Shep, heck maybe even a brooding Ronon! But the Rodney taunting is by far the most fun.

Actually, looking back over old insecurites and episodes, I think it would be neat if Rodney's dreams some how dealt with lingering insecurites he might still have after s2 ep Trinity.
                            Spoiler:
                            I loved the end of that ep with Rodney trying to make things up to the team. It'd be interesting to see them refer back to that because at the end of the episode he does say to Shep "... I would hate to think that recent events might have permanently dimmed your faith in my abilities, or your trust. At the very least, I hope I can earn that back." Then with Shep's reply "That may take a while" might be a neat way to go. Could Rodney still have insecurities over that? Does he believe he's actually won Sheppard's trust back?

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Actually, looking back over old insecurites and episodes, I think it would be neat if Rodney's dreams some how dealt with lingering insecurites he might still have after s2 ep Trinity.
                              Spoiler:
                              I loved the end of that ep with Rodney trying to make things up to the team. It'd be interesting to see them refer back to that because at the end of the episode he does say to Shep "... I would hate to think that recent events might have permanently dimmed your faith in my abilities, or your trust. At the very least, I hope I can earn that back." Then with Shep's reply "That may take a while" might be a neat way to go. Could Rodney still have insecurities over that? Does he believe he's actually won Sheppard's trust back?
                              That would be a very interesting twist. I would like to see that.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Ditto! And congrats on 1800 posts, Cshawzye!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X