Teyla's baby's father?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk
    They do have an impact on the atlantis expedition. They have an impact on Teyla and her well being and she is part of the atlantis expedition. And what she may or may not do as a result of what is happening to her people and her boyfriend could very well impact the team and the expedition down the road.

And why would you call them primitive? Just because they don't have the luxerites of Atlantis and they live in tents does not make them primitive.
    The Atlantis expedition was an expedition to recover technology from the Ancients and to defend earth from hostile threats originating from Pegasus. The Athosians provide no value to the expedition. We can't trade with them. They do not provide us with intel nor means of acquiring weapons. The only impact they could have on Atlantis is if the become security threats. From a military standpoint, and don't try to ignore the military standpoint for your own purposes, they have fulfilled their need. It's time to cut our connections to them. They would have arrived with us to the new planet Atlantis is on, if they were important. They would know our gate address if they were important.

{Mod Snip}
    Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 January 2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

In terms of "what do the Athosians have to offer the expedition by way of technology", the answer is "not much".

In terms of "what do the Athosians do for the expedition by providing a window into the Pegasus cultures that Atlantis has become responsible for by waking up the wraith", the answer is "a great deal".

Atlantis is depicted as a closed and insular culture - rather like the USA in many ways. Teyla and Ronon provide a window out of that culture and into Pegasus, which is important for the people in Atlantis to realise that they're part of something larger - to feel a connection with all humanity and not just "people who look like us, think like us, have technology like us".

That, I suspect, is what many of the posters referring to the Athosians as human beings are trying to say.

As to the importance of Teyla's people - the matter is important to Teyla, and therefore would be important to her team-mates and friends in Atlantis in their concern and care for her. That would be the reasoning behind TPTB's inclusion of the hunt for the Athosians this season, I imagine.

Sel.

Comment

{Mod Snip}

Atlantis has finite resources. They cannot go about saving every individual human life in the two galaxies. Atlantis needs to use their resources wisely if they want to continue to exist. I am not contesting their value to their own lives and their right to life. But there were friends I met in first grade who have disappeared from my life. I don't put much thought wondering what happened to them. Everyone drifts away from friends. The same is true for nation states and should apply to Atlantis. The Athosians cannot interact with us with anything meaningful. Their lives are different than ours and it's simply time we move on.
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 January 2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
          Atlantis has finite resources. They cannot go about saving every individual human life in the two galaxies. Atlantis needs to use their resources wisely if they want to continue to exist. I am not contesting their value to their own lives and their right to life. But there were friends I met in first grade who have disappeared from my life. I don't put much thought wondering what happened to them. Everyone drifts away from friends. The same is true for nation states and should apply to Atlantis. The Athosians cannot interact with us with anything meaningful. Their lives are different than ours and it's simply time we move on.
          It's got nothing to do with friendship, it's about saving human lives, the reason they're fighting the Wraith in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            It's got nothing to do with friendship, it's about saving human lives, the reason they're fighting the Wraith in the first place.
            Exactly.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Ummm folks, this thread is about Teyla's baby's father.

While the other discussion about the value of the Athosians is great, we might want to consider a different thread for it.

{Mod Snip}
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 January 2008, 07:41 PM.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Actually, I don't think Atlantis is spending much efforts in trying to find the Athosians; only Teyla is, for obvious reasons.

All military logic aside, there is that bit of human compassion that makes us...human. It's our fault that they got uprooted from their planet and lost what they had. They also shared with us their food in the first season when we were cut off from Earth. They may also prove useful later on (because you never know). We don't have many allies as it is, and even a race that's technologically inferior to us could prove useful in the long run.

Basically, if you have good relations with somebody, you try not to cut that bond unless you're forced to. You never known when you may need them again.

{Mod Snip}
                Last edited by TameFarrar; 05 January 2008, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I agree with rosehawk, this thread is about the father of teyla's baby, not the saving of lives in the peggy galaxy.

Let's take that discussion elsewhere please
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

And why would you call them primitive? Just because they don't have the luxerites of Atlantis and they live in tents does not make them primitive.
                    You know if you think about it, they're probably not that primitive. You see that they have these lighters in Hide and Seek that seem pretty advanced and they seem to understand how P-90s work since they learned how to use them quickly. they just seem to act primitive so the Wraith won't take notice.

Comment

I bet he will die off in his first appearance too, lol.

I wonder what pregnancy is like for a Telepath like Teyla. Shes only linked with ppl with wraith dna before.... like her kid.

Comment

I also think Teyla discussed her relationship with the father during Sunday, however I think many people assumed she was talking about Shep. It was when she was walking with the woman who eventually blows up. They kept talking about her feelings for an individual who only got the name "he" and "him" and how Teyla would have to make the first move.
                        sigpic

Comment

Anyone else tempted to start singing the song "My Baby Daddy" everytime they see this thread title?
                          They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                          Spoiler:
                          Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
                            {Mod Snip}

I agree. I wrote same thing
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                              I also think Teyla discussed her relationship with the father during Sunday, however I think many people assumed she was talking about Shep. It was when she was walking with the woman who eventually blows up. They kept talking about her feelings for an individual who only got the name "he" and "him" and how Teyla would have to make the first move.
                              In Sunday, I thought Teyla could have been referring to the military guy that Shep had teased her about in McKay and Mrs. Miller so I was glad that the baby's dad ended up being Athosian. We see so much of Teyla with the Atlantis group and we rarely get to see or hear much about her backstory with her people. I was glad that through the baby's Dad being Athosian TPTB still showed Teyla's close bonds with her people and which also gives us a more conflicted Teyla.

It will be interesting if we get to meet Dad and in what condition he will be in when we do get to meet him cause I think what has happened to her people is a direct result of Misbegotten and Vengence in S3.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                                I don't think so.... back then, the idea that Teyla might be dating was just a throwaway line, really, but with Rachel's real life pregnancy, they had to address the situation, hence, the new guy, Kanan.

Comment

Working...
                                X