This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdbond View Post
    I just watched the episode again. They used rail gun only once on a ship with no shields. It also didn't do much damage. I wasn't surprised by the outcome but the fact that replicators seemed completely unaware of the attack. Also it wasn't just 14 ships but 100 or so darts and F-302 too. Replicators clearly didn't expect such an all out attack which was rather stupid. Still lets not forget that replicators would have one the war eventually since whole fight didn't last for than few minutes.

lol...you said "one the war"

Won the war man...

You know what. You should be a scietist on Atlantis. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      I think it might be the real Weir. She was wearing the S4 jacket and not the earlier jacket that RepliWeir was wearing.
      Real Weir hasn't seen the new uniforms....

I do agree with you though. I think it is the original Weir. Maybe her nanites sent her to the Wraith's tailor for a new outfit (it is a little different than the other S4 uniforms).
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post

Won the war man...

Everyone's a critic. Don't you ever make mistakes?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by segaxgames View Post

Won the war man...

You mean scientist ?

Comment

Man o man that's what I call great TV!!!

The space battle, wow, gave me goosebumps all the way! Not to mentioned all the great bits throughout the ep - Teyla reveiling her pregnancy, the 2 304s, alliance with the Wraiths and Travellers, McKay's uber hot replicator......and Weir at the end...My Gosh! I totally did not see that coming!
            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
              Real Weir hasn't seen the new uniforms....

I do agree with you though. I think it is the original Weir. Maybe her nanites sent her to the Wraith's tailor for a new outfit (it is a little different than the other S4 uniforms).
              Oh yeah, you're right! She was wearing the old jacket when things happened.
              Strange then that they would put her in the new uniform, maybe to make the distinction between RepliWeir and the RealWeir. I must admit though I like your take on this much better!
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

wow, that was an epic space battle almost worthy of babylon 5, the whole replicators destroying human worlds arc really reminded of the shadows and vorlons. Was good to see a multi race fleet like that, i was half thinking they would turn on each other after the battle, im guessing thats why the wraith didn't go to the rendevous point. Was it just me who thought fran looked vaguely like sam, they had the same sort of face structure, i did like the teyla ronon buddy moment, and the repli-weir moment at the end has left me guessing

Comment

BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!

I loved the beginning with the the whole "Colonel" scene beteween elli,caldwell,sheppard,carter, and mckay. I laughed so hard during that scene.

Ellis-thankgod, someone finally told off rodney. Usually i enjoy rodney but all the time while i was watching that scene all i did was keep yelling at mckay to just admit he didn't have anything and move on. ellis was right on with everything that he said about mckay.I love ellis to me he reminds me of a hard core military man through and through. Mckay was beating around the bush and wasting their time when they could be devising a battle plan to make up for the one that they were going to use that they had to scratch.

I don't blame sheppard one bit for reacting that way to finding out about teyla's pregnancy.He was her commanding officer and it was his responisbilty for her welfare and she was keeping vital medical information from him that he needed to know.

i loved caldwells line"After the cold war i thought it was weird working with the russians" Every seldomly does real life/historical events get put into to the stargate world but that line was put in their nicely.

My favorite scene of the whole show was watching the enitre armada jump into hyperspace. I got so excited when they all jumped to the replicator homeworld.

The battle scene was amazing and so was the destruction of the asurans. I loved frans "Hello".

The sheppard/larrin scene was so cute! I think those two would make for a really good couple.I loved it when sheppard asked her for her "phone number".

The scene at the end of the show with weir and the aurans was a great way to end the episode.I look forward to seeing where that story goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    In a nutshell, predictable is the keyword, but here goes...

Cons:

1. This should have been a two parter a lot of potential but too many things were approached so they created something like that BLOB.
                    It certainly had enough material to be a two-parter but I liked how it was all in one episode. It was fast paced without being crammed in.

2. McKay is better than that. The approach in Miller's crossing was great when he was out of ideas but here, they turned him in Dr. Lee.
                    Tbh, I don't see the comparison between McKay and Lee. Could you elaborate a little?

3. Carter or a lamp post the same thing. Weir was more mature and seasoned, and this comes from a guy who fancies Carter in SGA.
                    Most of the lines said by Carter could easily have been said by Weir, same can be said for most of Weir's lines in the first three years, they are fairly generic. Difference was, Carter understood what McKay was taking about when he first proposed the blob, where as Weir would've required it to be spelt out in big letters.

4. The whole Teyla thing was badly handled . They approached it like she was complaining of a headache.
                    She was playing it down to prevent the others from finding out, same as she has been doing for the last two months. I don't find anything particularly odd about this other than the fact she was trying to keep it secret at all.

5. Asurans were stripped of their character. They can replicate Atlantis and weapons that can pose real threat to Atlantis, First Strike, but they cannot man the most powerful vessels ever built? So we thought . I feel exactly the same way I felt when they used the wrong model for the O'Neill ship in Camelot.
                    What do you mean they can't man them? Are you referring to their tactics? If so, remember they are reading from the Ancients' book on strategy - a light and boring read if ever there was one.

6. The bad approach for Larrin has been continued here. The only link to Sheppard was that ship, a ship that did not do much. Can Radek fire more drones than Sheppard?
                    Probably not more but almost definitely with superior targeting which, given the number of other vessels in the battle field and the fact they were targeting a specific ship which was trying to escape, was fairly crucial to make sure their drones hit that particular ship and didn't get destroyed by a passing Aurora or, even worse, a friendly that happened to fly into their path.

7. Ellis was right in everything he said but because he is the outsider they made him so we pity him for picking on McKay.
                    Ellis was just saying what everyone was thinking. What he doesn't know is that that is just how McKay is. We now know that Ellis is not very tolerant of people who don't get straight to the point.

8. Radek? From a scientist helping to devise solutions to save the city and the Galaxy he is fixing generators.
                    To be fair, Radek was just watching McKay work. He wasn't really providing anything crucial at the time. Just cos' we're about to engage in a major battle that doesn't mean we can let Atlantis fall apart. I would imagine the majority of Atlantis' technicians were busy getting Larrin's Aurora ready for battle. Imho, this would've been a better place for Radek to be than watching McKay work.

9. The Repli-Weir cliché. Bad guys or not so bad guys live to fight another day.
                    I like the ambiguity of that Weir's origins and loyalties. I just hope they don't forget about her and leave us hanging with what she is actually doing.

10. Stab at Weir when Sam said they never needed two ships.
                    I don't think so. They were never facing a marauding army of Aurora-class ships wiping all life from any planet they encountered until Sam took command. The situation had escalated to a point where two ships at the same time were absolutely crucial.

Pros:

1. FRAN was amazing and I like the way she saved the Galaxy from , most ,of the replicators. Lovely how she approached this whole thing.
                    2. The Wraith-Sheppard thing was very nice.
                    3. Caldwell and Sam, Caldwell and Sheppard, lovely moments.
                    Agree with all. Would just like to add that the battle scene, despite its flaws, was the most amazing and awe-inspiring battle in the history of Stargate. PTB will have to spend ALOT of money to ever beat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                      Oh yeah, you're right! She was wearing the old jacket when things happened.
                      Strange then that they would put her in the new uniform, maybe to make the distinction between RepliWeir and the RealWeir. I must admit though I like your take on this much better!
                      I don't know what you saw but the clothes she was wearing didn't look anything like the new uniforms to me. It just looked like a leather suit.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Chailyn View Post
                        I liked Larrin more in this ep and am looking forward to seeing the Travelers again. She's the first woman that Sheppard seems even romotely awkward around. Normally, he's in his element with women, but she completely throws him off. Although I winced in sympathy when he tried to get her "number", lol.
                        Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                        The sheppard/larrin scene was so cute! I think those two would make for a really good couple.I loved it when sheppard asked her for her "phone number".

Yep Sheppard sure has a puppy-love thing going for Larrin. The pair do have great chemistry.

They delivered many great lines that cracked me up every time and Sheppard so gets the wrong idea for what Larrin says, like:

"I'll be fine as long as you don't shoot too early. I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard that from a woman." and

"We have an arsenal of drones but none of my guys can fire quite like you can." The faces on Carter and Sheppard were priceless!
                        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I think Rosehawk was talking about the red stripes on the shoulders, or whatever they were. It sorta looked like one of the new Atlantis uniforms with red indicating command. I dunno if it was intentional or not though...
                          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Good episode.

Fran was cute!

WEIR = HAWT! That outfit? Wow! Can't wait to see what the writers have in stores for Weir in s5 ( if she doesn't become Ford, The Next Generation *cough* ).

Comment

Originally posted by starfox View Post
                              a) The third time you quoted me, it was a misquote. I don't quite remember who said that, but it wasn't me.

b) I'm not suggesting that being pregnant means Teyla should stop being active at all. I'm not one of those people who thinks pregnany women should stop work altogether just 'cause they're popping one out - in fact, if you're not on bedrest and don't have a job that would risk complications, keep on going; just don't be stupid. And I think going into combat carrying a child when a large percentage of pregnancies result in miscarriages (though, to be fair, I have no clue what the Athosian miscarriage rate is) is less that smart. I don't think that Teyla should stop sparring on the show, nor did I imply that Athosian women didn't train and participate in hand-to-hand while pregnant. But there's a marked difference between getting hit with a bantos rod by someone you work with, and unknown enemy of the week shooting you with a bullet or energy weapon. When people were stunned during cullings, the effects of that on an unborn child didn't matter so much, as if you were stunned, you were marked for death anyway. That's not the case now.

The Athosians had their pocket of resistance, but I'm pretty sure that Teyla had never been inside a hive ship before the first episode.

I didn't suggest that the Athosians didn't resist the Wraith. I did, however, state that the level of the resistance was different. There's a difference between fighting for your life because someone came to your planet and you have to, and voluntarily going out and entering situations that make you fight for your life.

--------------------------

Also, and I think people are forgetting this, it's not like Sheppard deliberated and arrived at this decision. This was sprung on him in the middle of an ongoing, high-risk operation. What we're seeing onscree is a gut reaction to the news that someone close to him, who he's responsible for, has kept something from him and put him in a situation where his orders are endangering a life. He's understandably upset. Perhaps he should have gotten Keller's word. I'm sure he will before doing the paperwork. But the scene we got was a blend between military!Sheppard and John the friend, which is why I liked it. I'm interested in the fact that Carter didn't disagree. There wasn't time for much argument, but a simple "We'll talk about this" would have been there if she disagreed.
                              I just don't see why he should be upset with her. She is a adult and she has a right to her privacy. She would have told him eventually. But at 3 months, she is not there yet and that is her right. He is not the father and what he feels she should or should not be doing while pregnant should be his problem, not hers. Her baby is not his concern. And if he was a true friend he would have behaved as Ronon. I have a child and I would be very upset if anyone act as if I owed them an explanation of any kind. If your feelings are hurt, then go do whatever you need to do to get over it. This woman was living her life and she was a leader of her people long before he came along. I'm sure she fought the wraith and encounter plenty dangerous situation before she meant the great john Shepard. So why would she think or behave the way most of the people here think she should? It would be nice if SCIFI could entertain the idea that a strong and smart woman like Teyla would have gave john a dose of reality, remind him that no one is safe and she doesn't need him to rescue her or make the decision as to what is best for for her or her child. But most of all, he need to get over himself. And remind him that he is in the Pegasus galaxy and if it wasn't for her advice they may have been wipe out before they could have even understood the wraith. She and Ronon saved their lives when they all lost their memories. Yet they treat her as if she is a child, that need to have decisions made for her. How he think pregnant women are suppose to behave is his problem not hers and don't make it her problem. His team isn't at risk and the baby isn't his concern. Can anyone grasp that thought? By the way, John never disrespects Ronon even when Ronon being hard to control and I wonder is that. Is it because he is a man?

The reason I think Carter didn't disagree with john dismissing Teyla like a child on punishment is because she been in the military too long, it is hard for her to think like a human being or as a woman. All she know is orders and chain of command. Carter is a drone. If the General orders her to do something she know is stupid and or dangerous and doesn't have a chance of working she would still do it. Some people would say she is in the military and you must follow orders. I could never blindly follow anyone orders if my life or the lives or others hang in the balance. What if the General is wrong? Or just corrupted. It could happen, look at our President. But for me, no one could order me to my death and I go alone with it. It is against my nature. The decision for me to die for something that I believe in, is mine and mine alone. I am not a drone.

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                                I liked the hark-back to Season 1 where John would get grumpy whenever anyone else named things!
                                I noticed that. I had just watched an interview of JF on SciFi.com where they showed a bunch of clips of him saying "we can name it later" so it was funny to see that line in the episode.
                                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                                X