Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
    Oh yes, he's talked about the war council thing before.

I guess it's more than just all the parties meeting in the Atlantis briefing room...maybe.
    I think the inclusion of "war" makes it more than just your average council.

Yay for the wee turtles!
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Larrin is in this episode, so sayeth Joe Mallozzi. Larrin, for those who don't know, is introduced in "Travelers" and will be played by Jill Wagner.
      Spent most of the day in editing today (Reunion is coming along swimmingly), taking a break for lunch and the Be All My Sins Remember’d read-through. I read the part of Caldwell and really killed. Alan McCullough read the part of the lovely Larrin and we were all blown away by the palpable chemistry between him and Joe Flanigan. If we’d known he’d do such a spectacular job, we’d have cast HIM for Travelers.
      Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
      Knowing that the Travelers are in this episode made me think about what is the reason for them to get involved with the Wraith and the Asurans. As far as we know the Wraith and Asurans are unaware of the Travelers and why would Larrin risk letting these powerful races know of their existance? To me there are two explanations:

1) The Travelers show up only in the Ancient warship that they had in "Travelers" and needed Sheppard to activate and this won't expose their race or their "armada" of transports to discovery by the Asurans. This would only work if the Wraith we are working with also think the ship is being controlled by our Expedition and not another race. Or, we keep the info of the Ancient warship from the Wraith and use it only if necessary which of course will happen or why even show them.

2) The Travelers are given some technology or even the ATA gene therapy by us in exchange for their participation.

Any comments?
      Originally posted by Xicer View Post
      Some news:
      By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene.
      http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-31-2007.html

War council eh?
      Do you think the Wraith are in this War Council? I hope not because as I said before, it makes no sense to me for Larrin to reveal her people's existance to the Wraith. It sounds like an all human council to me that hopefully will use the Travelers Ancient Warship as a face card (not an Ace) in the hole in case something goes wrong, especially with the Wraith. There was no mention in Joe's comments about Col. Ellis being in the council although maybe Michael Beach was in attendance for the read-through.

I hope my spidey sense is wrong about Joe's reply ("you have to watch BAMSR to find out") to my question about the Travelers showing up in any later season 4 eps and now that I see/remember Marty (The Bringer/Writer of Death) Gero wrote BASMR, I am more concerned that the Travelers don't survive. Of course, if I hear that Jill Wagner is going back to Vancouver sometime before early October, I'll throw out my spidey sense with the trash.
      Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Hmm JM thinks that this episode would've made a good feature film.

FargateOne writes: “Which stories of s10 SG1 eps would have done ( or deserved to be ) a good feature film, considering that to do a film is not the same thing that a tv show?”

Answer: Be All My Sins and Midway would have made great features.
        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...st-1-2007.html

Hehe yea I know the guy asked S10 SG1 eps not SGA S4 eps, but whatever
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well, just in case there was anymore doubt:

...In fact, Jill will be back to do the mid-season 2-parter where, for a second time, Sheppard and Larrin will have to work together.
          http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e42/slcz3/starb1.jpg

Special thanks to Sheppard's Delight for scanning the whole thing!

Comment

New info, haven't had any for this episode for a while.

Anna writes: “Will Carter get angry and yell at anyone this season?”

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.
            http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Xicer View Post
              New info, haven't had any for this episode for a while.

Anna writes: “Will Carter get angry and yell at anyone this season?”

Answer: Yes. There’s one little exchange in particular that stands out - in Be All My Sins Remember’d where she dresses a certain character down for disrespecting one of her people.
              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...er-4-2007.html
              Sounds like it could be Caldwell or Ellis?
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

I hope not. I don't think she has the right to yell at either one as they have been Colonels far longer than she has been one. Also, neither have been rude or condescending to any of the expedition members.
                I'm betting it's an off-worlder, possibly one of the travelers or Wraith.
                1,800th post
                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                  I hope not. I don't think she has the right to yell at either one as they have been Colonels far longer than she has been one. Also, neither have been rude or condescending to any of the expedition members.
                  I'm betting it's an off-worlder, possibly one of the travelers or Wraith.
                  1,800th post
                  Congrats on 1800 posts.
                  You may be right but she still is the base commander. It could be Larrin or the CG Wraith as you have mentioned.
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

My guess would be an IOA member maybe?
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Congrats on 1800 posts.
                      You may be right but she still is the base commander. It could be Larrin or the CG Wraith as you have mentioned.
                      I would LOVE to see that

I'm very happy that Carter will give someone a 'dressing down'

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        I would LOVE to see that

I'm very happy that Carter will give someone a 'dressing down'
                        Yeah i wonder who.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Sounds like it could be Caldwell or Ellis?
                          I hope not.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I hope not.
                            My guess would be someone of lower rank or civi.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I have been thinking about this for a few days now...

From SGA Spoiler Community:

Joe Mallozzi reported that “we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene.”
                              I was wondering- Who will be on this council? Which races, and more sepcifically, which characters? Who do you think we will see on the council? Who would you like to see on the council? Why?

Anyone got any ideas?

Comment

My guess: Atlantis, Travelers, Allied Wraith (= Tok'Replicator or Tok'Keeper ). Second guess: the Wraith high-council (alias Summit v2.0 ).

Here you can read the spoilers:
                                http://gateworld.net/news/2007/05/sp...remember.shtml
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X