Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Be All My Sins Remember'd" Pre-Airing Discussion and Speculation (Spoiler)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Exactly, though I'm sure he's as disapointed as we were.
    Also keep in mind that TPTB are not always in accord with SciFi. The two are two separate sets of entities and not always in cahoots with each other.

JM may have been told it was an "extended trailer" and passed that on without actually knowing himself.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post
      Also keep in mind that TPTB are not always in accord with SciFi. The two are two separate sets of entities and not always in cahoots with each other.

JM may have been told it was an "extended trailer" and passed that on without actually knowing himself.

Sel.
      Exactly.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post

Sel.
        You are correct. He said he was told by Nora O'Brien that it was something Sci-Fi was calling an extended trailer. This time the misinformation from JM wasn't on purpose.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          You are correct. He said he was told by Nora O'Brien that it was something Sci-Fi was calling an extended trailer. This time the misinformation from JM wasn't on purpose.
          True. I blame him for our dissapointment though
          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
            True. I blame him for our dissapointment though
            No don't do that. Much more fun blaming it on scifi and planning our revenge if they screw up SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              No don't do that. Much more fun blaming it on scifi and planning our revenge if they screw up SGA.
              LOL! It's settled then. Down with Skiffy if the mess anything else up!!!

Comment

LOL! It's settled then. Down with Skiffy if the mess anything else up!!!
                Indeed. *starts planning for revenge, just in case.*

Comment

Instead of an extended trailer what we got was a little vignette.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                    Instead of an extended trailer what we got was a little vignette.
                    It was a neat vignette but I was expecting something more.

Comment

Knowing that the Travelers are in this episode made me think about what is the reason for them to get involved with the Wraith and the Asurans. As far as we know the Wraith and Asurans are unaware of the Travelers and why would Larrin risk letting these powerful races know of their existance? To me there are two explanations:

1) The Travelers show up only in the Ancient warship that they had in "Travelers" and needed Sheppard to activate and this won't expose their race or their "armada" of transports to discovery by the Asurans. This would only work if the Wraith we are working with also think the ship is being controlled by our Expedition and not another race. Or, we keep the info of the Ancient warship from the Wraith and use it only if necessary which of course will happen or why even show them.

2) The Travelers are given some technology or even the ATA gene therapy by us in exchange for their participation.

Any comments?
                      Spoiler:
                      sigpic

Comment

Knowing that the Travelers are in this episode made me think about what is the reason for them to get involved with the Wraith and the Asurans. As far as we know the Wraith and Asurans are unaware of the Travelers and why would Larrin risk letting these powerful races know of their existance? To me there are two explanations:

1) The Travelers show up only in the Ancient warship that they had in "Travelers" and needed Sheppard to activate and this won't expose their race or their "armada" of transports to discovery by the Asurans. This would only work if the Wraith we are working with also think the ship is being controlled by our Expedition and not another race. Or, we keep the info of the Ancient warship from the Wraith and use it only if necessary which of course will happen or why even show them.

2) The Travelers are given some technology or even the ATA gene therapy by us in exchange for their participation.

Any comments?
                        I could see those things happening. But the Travelers might also realize that there are a lot more Wraith awake than before. Perhaps they've recognized that they won't be able to hide much longer so they capture Sheppard to activate the warship?

Comment

I could see those things happening. But the Travelers might also realize that there are a lot more Wraith awake than before. Perhaps they've recognized that they won't be able to hide much longer so they capture Sheppard to activate the warship?
                          Well they captured Sheppard in "Travelers" not "BASMR" in order to activate the ship, but what I meant was why risk it being destroyed when they need it to defend all their other ships? There has to be something in it for them because they aren't described as an altruistic race. While they may no longer be able to hide from the Wraith for the reason you describe, I would think the longer it is before the Wraith hear about them, the more likely they can remain hidden.
                          Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Well they captured Sheppard in "Travelers" not "BASMR" in order to activate the ship, but what I meant was why risk it being destroyed when they need it to defend all their other ships? There has to be something in it for them because they aren't described as an altruistic race. While they may no longer be able to hide from the Wraith for the reason you describe, I would think the longer it is before the Wraith hear about them, the more likely they can remain hidden.
                            Oh. I was thinking of "Travelers". Sorry.

I agree; why would they risk their greatest defense? There has to be something in it for them. Either their hand is forced by the Wraith/Asurans or the expidition gives them something.

Comment

Some news:
                              By the way, we watched Marty G.’s producer cut of Be All My Sins Remember’d today. Another great episode. Can’t say enough about the convening of the war council scene. Oh, and in dailies today = the wee turtles!
                              http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...y-31-2007.html

War council eh?
                              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Oh yes, he's talked about the war council thing before.

I guess it's more than just all the parties meeting in the Atlantis briefing room...maybe.

Comment

Working...
                                X