Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they're in space for the whole season, they'll need the shield on for the entire season (about a year). This would be amajor drain on the ZPM, although it did last 10,000 years under water.
    Season 2: Episode "1969"
    Teal'c rides in front of the bus with a Michael, a hippie who is giving them a lift.
    Michael: So, that thing on your head, what does it symbolize? Peace?
    Teal'c: Slavery... to false gods.
    Michael: Right on! So, what is it made of?
    Teal'c (sternly): We shall not discuss this any further.
    Michael: Hey, I dig. It's cool. You just go AWOL?
    Teal'c: What exactly are you saying?
    Michael: You know... me and Jenny, back at the concert, we were so cool that we might even cross the border to Canada.
    Teal'c: For what reason?
    Michael: You know... the war.
    Teal'c; The war with Canada?
    Michael just stares at Teal'c with a confused expression on his face!

Comment

Originally posted by Telchak View Post
      If they're in space for the whole season, they'll need the shield on for the entire season (about a year). This would be amajor drain on the ZPM, although it did last 10,000 years under water.
      They won't be. Only for the first few eps.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
        Here is my Outrageous, and probably wrong, Theory! Tagged just in case

Spoiler:
        Ok, Now it starts with them stuck in deep space, Rodney fighting feverishly to get some form of power to get them going again. But, knowing Ancient technology much better than Rodney or anyone else on the Altantis exp, the Asurans initiated two downloads. Since Rodney was expecting it, they initiated a virus he would catch and stop. In a second transmission to the system that Rodney couldnt see, they have activated the lab in which the Ancients created their replacators and ensured it could create human form replicators. It wasnt out of power, but the new Asurans on the "Flying City" have made it think it is so they will die without any need for the Asurans to intervene any further. But they are discovered and Shep, Ronon and Teyla have to find them and desintergrate them while Rodney and Zelenka try and get the ZPM to work properly again.

Meanwhile, Weir is in the infirmiry, and she is not doing well at all. Keller's initial nerves are causing her some crisis or confidence and its not helping that she cant seem to do anything to help weir. Then, Weir Ascends.. Adrift Ends. But sees Weir become a Daniel Jackson Style recurrin character

Lifeline will see Carter come out of hyperspace over Lantea and destroy the satgatelite with the Oddys shiny new kick butt asgard weapons. Then she will think "Oh oops. too late" coz she cant find Atlantis. Until Ascended Weir pops up on her bridge and tells her where to find the "Not so Flying City". She ZOOMS very fast to that spot, transfers over their ZPM so it can get moving again, and then takes off to Asura to drop a PWARW or two around the place. BOOM! Asurans Gone - much like the Replicators of the Milky Goodness Galaxy (Hence the need for a wild card race! A-HA!)

They land Altantis on another rock anyway because then no one will know where to find them, for now, and that will give them a reprieve of being attacked consistantly by everyone and every thing that feels like picking on the poor Humans...

Yes, I have way too much free time
        Very interesting.

Comment

Probably have Sams ship tow it the rest of the way with an 11th hour solution to keep it from going kablooey. Although i really would like to see something out of the box like abandoning ship and towing a empty airless Atlantis to its new home. Nothing says new home like sucking all the air out of it first!!!!

Comment

I have a solution to save Atlantis.

If you know your current location in the galactic space coordinates (the 7th symbol will be different) than you can dial. They have only 39 combination, because the dialed planet's location hasn't changed, so the first 6 symbol will be the same in the adress! You can dial for example the Genii from Atlantis or New Athosia, but only the last symbol (the Atlantis version of "point of origin") will be different. So they have dial all 39 combination and an established wormhole will show them their position.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

If you know your current location in the galactic space coordinates (the 7th symbol will be different) than you can dial. They have only 39 combination, because the dialed planet's location hasn't changed, so the first 6 symbol will be the same in the adress! You can dial for example the Genii from Atlantis or New Athosia, but only the last symbol (the Atlantis version of "point of origin") will be different. So they have dial all 39 combination and an established wormhole will show them their position.
              Something I've thought a lot about when watching movie and they don't know the point of origin for Abydos, there's only 39 possibilities so it can't take that long to go through them. The original Daniel was just lazy
              Season 2: Episode "1969"
              Teal'c rides in front of the bus with a Michael, a hippie who is giving them a lift.
              Michael: So, that thing on your head, what does it symbolize? Peace?
              Teal'c: Slavery... to false gods.
              Michael: Right on! So, what is it made of?
              Teal'c (sternly): We shall not discuss this any further.
              Michael: Hey, I dig. It's cool. You just go AWOL?
              Teal'c: What exactly are you saying?
              Michael: You know... me and Jenny, back at the concert, we were so cool that we might even cross the border to Canada.
              Teal'c: For what reason?
              Michael: You know... the war.
              Teal'c; The war with Canada?
              Michael just stares at Teal'c with a confused expression on his face!

Comment

Originally posted by Telchak View Post
                Something I've thought a lot about when watching movie and they don't know the point of origin for Abydos, there's only 39 possibilities so it can't take that long to go through them. The original Daniel was just lazy
                He didn't know remotely where to start but it wouldnt have been that much of a story then would it. Still I like our daniel way better, that and I've never cared for James Spader.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

uhh... the PoO dosnt work like that... there is over 39 gates... there are like 100000. the PoO isnt an actual consolation... it just a symbol... it like trying to to dial phone number that end in 0 but your phone pad only has the numbers 1-9. you cant to do. the gate needs to be re calibrated so it knows where it is in the network.

Comment

what the heck is going on with all this ascension crap? huh i've been reading that mckay dies, he ascends what the heck is going on i want the real 411 on this stuff.

Comment

ach its a load of rubbish no way they would have beckett dying weir being injured then mackay again almost dying and again almost ascending would be stupid

Comment

I couldn't find a thread for this so here goes.

How do you think they will solve the problem seen in First Strike, the season 3 cliffhanger. (Please no comments if you've seen it without a spoiler warning).

Comment

Lol i wont moan however there are a few threads discussing this problem already.

Comment

So how do you guys think they will get out of this predicament? Atlantis is too far in the middle of nowhere to get a gate address. They are basically down to about an hour of reserve power.

A few possibilities come to mind after thinking on it for a bit.
                            • They find that Atlantis has some special rooms that seal the ship from the vacuum of space the old fashioned way, with solid bulkheads. The crew shelters there and there is enough power to run life support for quite awhile until they get rescued.
                            • The reduce shields to the minimal sustainable level just like with rising. All they really have to do is keep the air in, that should take even less power than trying to keep the ocean out would have consumed. I expect they might be able to maintain that minimal level of shielding for quite some time, especially if the get everyone into a small area, say the central tower, and only shield it and leave the rest of the city open to space.
                            • Or what I most expect, though it's liable to be some sort of cop-out. They try one of the above or some desperate measure, tying all of their naquada generators and jumpers or something into the shield to try to power it. Whatever trick they try fails or only buys them a very short amount of time. The Daedalus was already enroute from Earth, powered by a ZPM. They arrive moment before the shields totally fail, beam over the ZPM. Once more powered they fire up the stardrive and finish their trip to whatever planet. Cue closing scene where the characters talk about how lucky they got and how wonderful their new planet is. Cut to scene of the Asurans angry and starting construction on a new fleet of city ships to hunt down Atlantis and head to earth to destroy it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28 View Post
                              So how do you guys think they will get out of this predicament? Atlantis is too far in the middle of nowhere to get a gate address.
                              How so? Once the gate update program (forgot the name) starts up, it just updates your address doesn't it? I didn't think you needed to be near a planet for it to work...

Comment

Official ep discussion/speculation thread - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=41498
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X