Season 4! Great season for character development and Background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Also, I never said SGA had better character development than Farscape or BSG. But there is a limit, and sometimes shows like BSG go in way too deep. At least Farscape had comic relief, BSG is all serious and dark all the time. Which is good if you are in the mood. See Stargate is a well balanced show. You have a little bit of everything and I think that is what makes the franchise so successful.
    sorry, but I don't buy it. If something lasts for 4(5) years, it doesn't mean it's succesful. And ratings? I don't think 1.1 (plus DVR) is something really great.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

5 seasons isn't successful? There aren't that many shows that last 5 seasons these days...

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        sorry, but I don't buy it. If something lasts for 4(5) years, it doesn't mean it's succesful. And ratings? I don't think 1.1 (plus DVR) is something really great.
        That's great because the most recent ep just missed a 1.4! The show is averaging a 1.2 now this season for Live and after all DVR around a 1.4 to 1.5!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          5 seasons isn't successful? There aren't that many shows that last 5 seasons these days...
          yes, but it means nothing. There were shows which lasted one season and were better, with great story-arcs, etc. It's Skiffy who's keeping SGA alive, not TPTB and their stories. If they want to keep SGa alive, then so be it. I doubt other TV channels would do the same thing wiith SGA
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

That's great because the most recent ep just missed a 1.4! The show is averaging a 1.2 now this season for Live and after all DVR around a 1.4 to 1.5!
            I was wondering when you show up . I don't remember ratings for S1, S2 and S3 but I doubt they were lower...
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

yes, but it means nothing. There were shows which lasted one season and were better, with great story-arcs, etc. It's Skiffy who's keeping SGA alive, not TPTB and their stories. If they want to keep SGa alive, then so be it. I doubt other TV channels would do the same thing wiith SGA
              And this is based on... what? SciFi is a business, they wouldn't be keeping Atlantis around if it weren't making them money. Money made from advertising, as a result of viewers, as a result of a great show that's worth watching - in other words, TPTB and their stories...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                And this is based on... what? SciFi is a business, they wouldn't be keeping Atlantis around if it weren't making them money. Money made from advertising, as a result of viewers, as a result of a great show that's worth watching - in other words, TPTB and their stories...
                Skiffy has a different standards. That's all. Their movies are awful, other shows aren't better. I'm not suprised that they're keeping SGA alive. It's their best and probably the most succesful show
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

I was wondering when you show up . I don't remember ratings for S1, S2 and S3 but I doubt they were lower...
                  Actually the viewers are higher from last season's second half. You know I can't resist the ratings chat. As per Season 1 and 2. Most shows start off high and then dips to their main fanbase .

Also, The ratings are higher from the beginning of this season, and are tied with the ratings from last season's 2nd half or are they? Have to wait for the final numbers with that.

"BAMSR" pulled in the best numbers since Season 2. Also "Midway" Will likely have the best numbers since "The Real World" back in Season 3!
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually the viewers are higher from last season's second half. You know I can't resist the ratings chat. As per Season 1 and 2. Most shows start off high and then dips to their main fanbase .

Also, The ratings are higher from the beginning of this season, and are tied with the ratings from last season's 2nd half or are they? Have to wait for the final numbers with that.

"BAMSR" pulled in the best numbers since Season 2. Also "Midway" Will likely have the best numbers since "The Real World" back in Season 3!
                    No, for the love of God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rating's make me want to rip my hair out..... I dont think its possible to compare the previous seasons when all the limitations/parrameters have changed for season 4.

good is good it doesnt mean better or worse
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

sorry, but I don't buy it. If something lasts for 4(5) years, it doesn't mean it's succesful.
                      no but it means it's more successful than shows that only last one or two season

And ratings? I don't think 1.1 (plus DVR) is something really great.
                      depends on your definition of 'great' and most importantly on the numbers of other shows

Skiffy has a different standards. That's all. Their movies are awful, other shows aren't better. I'm not suprised that they're keeping SGA alive. It's their best and probably the most succesful show
                      so what's the problem? SCI FI also has BSG but only for another season. SG is a successful franchise with a lot of fans

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      No, for the love of God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO rating's make me want to rip my hair out.....
                      I hope you're ok

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      I dont think its possible to compare the previous seasons when all the limitations/parrameters have changed for season 4.

good is good it doesnt mean better or worse
                      yes there have been some changes but we can always compare the live +7 numbers
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A show lasting 5 seasons is obviously more successful than those that didn't.

Whether it's better or not is totally subjective, however.

Comment

Working...
                        X