• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
    is it just me or is Colonel ellis

a) a bad actor
    b) just a very hatable character overall

i hope he dies soon, because he's becoming one of those characters you can't stand. i'd take kavanaugh over him.
    Get over it. He's only been on several episodes and the writers and actors are still trying to figure out the character.
    Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

IMO Ellis as character is a little wooden but nothing compared to Dr.Wier, but thats my opinion.

However saying that, i think more military Colonels should be like that, plus my opinion is if someone can pull off being an arse and have a comedy scene, thats a good character to me.

And the comedy scene im on about is the Colonels scene..

(Two Asgard transporter beams appear and deposit Colonels Steven Caldwell and Abe Ellis on the balcony. They nod to each other.)

CALDWELL: Colonel.

ELLIS: Colonel.

(They turn to Sam.)

CALDWELL: Colonel.

CARTER: Colonels.

ELLIS (to John): Colonel.

SHEPPARD: Colonels.

McKAY (grimacing): What, seriously?!

IMO.. best scene so far.. except the space battle but thats nothing compared to Star Wars episode 3's start

Comment

I think Ellis is a great character who is probably more in character than anybody else in Stargate, and I hope we see more of him, that is why he gets a big thumbs up (I'm sorry but I don't know how to put the thumbs up symbol)
        Last edited by SpinningChevron; 19 May 2008, 01:19 AM.
        LIKES: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, ST: DS-9, ST: TNG, Eric Clapton, GTA 4, SGU, MW + MW2, Red Dead Redemption,
        Scarlett Johansson, Father Ted, The Portal Series, The Assassin's Creed Series, Trailer Park Boys.

DISLIKES: Reality T.V Shows and so called reality t.v stars, people who don't wear seatbelts,
        99.999% of new Music out now, 80% of new Movies out now.

Last Game Completed: Portal 2

Last Movie Watched For The First Time: Dumbo (1941)

Comment

I disagree and hope Ellis is kept as he is. He's not a warm fuzzy character and I enjoy the conflict he generates. He's arrogant, hard-nosed and a bit of an ass and I don't want to see him watered down in an attempt to make him more palatable to those who don't like him.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

I think Ellis should have been made new CO of atlantis. He would be far less predictable than woosley.
            Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Yes, Ellis, or Caldwell, should have been made head of Atlantis because in addition to them being logical choices, they have such abrasive personalities that they would provide a good souce of natural conflict. Especially Ellis.

Woolsey is such an odd choice to head Atlantis that I'm afraid TPTB will spend too much time trying to make him fit in Atlantis, which could mean even less time for the characters that aren't the writers' favorites.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                Yes, Ellis, or Caldwell, should have been made head of Atlantis because in addition to them being logical choices, they have such abrasive personalities that they would provide a good souce of natural conflict. Especially Ellis.

Woolsey is such an odd choice to head Atlantis that I'm afraid TPTB will spend too much time trying to make him fit in Atlantis, which could mean even less time for the characters that aren't the writers' favorites.

Exactly, we will have lots of woosley, rodney, keller and not much of anything else.

Anyone who would be abrasive, by the book and a hard a$$ would fit great against sheppard's shenanigans.
                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Ellis might have a bit of a curt personality but honestly they need more of that. There's way too much handholding and wishy washy attitudes on Atlantis, especially when it comes to things like Sheppard either whining at his commander until he gets to do something his way, or doing it anyway despite being ordered not to.

I've got not specific problem with Ellis' personality though the eagerness with which he wanted to genocide the Asurans is somewhat off putting, though hardly someting you can single him out for.

The worst commander was Pendergast. The way he lost the Prometheus was simply unforgivable. A valuable asset was destroyed and many people were killed because he didn't know how to maneuver his ship properly, placing them in extreme danger for no good reason.

Comment

I'd say the Prometheus was destroyed because of SG-1's hesitation. The commander did his best to talk those controlling the satellite down, going so far as to surrender.

Ellis may not be a nice person, but he does get the job done. Genocide-happy, sure, but he's not a bad captain. He's a military man with a practical mindset. If Rodney's idea was viable, he'd listen. If Rodney's just posturing and getting away with it, then call him on it. Rodney's not his friend, he's not his superior, he's a colleague in a fight to save billions of lives. Perhaps he was a bit harsh, but dealing with Rodney that way was far more realistic.

I honestly hate shows where everyone sits down at the dinner table at the end of it and laugh about the events of the episode. Everyone you work with doesn't like you, and vice versa. As much as we may dislike/hate/loathe characters like Ellis and Kavanaugh, they're believable characters that we encounter far too frequently. At least Ellis is competent at what he does.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

uuuh, once again a thread i start to like

Comment

I dont like the way Michael Beach speaks.....Its like he adds extra syllables to words making them sound longer than they need to be. Its one of those annoying things that doesnt just happen once in a while, but all the time.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

...and I thought we can vote in here . Oh well..I agree Ellis has not grown on me .

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                            I dont like the way Michael Beach speaks.....Its like he adds extra syllables to words making them sound longer than they need to be. Its one of those annoying things that doesnt just happen once in a while, but all the time.
                            yeah, i picked that up to. anyway i dont like ellis but he is a good character and a good commander.

and yes i agree the way the prometheus was lost was unforgivable, first they should have fired as soon as they droped out of hyperspace, second, they should have kept firing after just 2 missiles, and third, they should have attempted to evade when they detected the satalite was about to fire.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I actually like Ellis. The second he walked onscreen he felt so Career Military to me. And his kind of hard nosed guy is just not going to be all that enamored with someone like McKay.
                              My Livejournal
                              I watched all of the first four seasons of SGA last May. Here are my newbie impressions.

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

I agree. I love both Caldwell and Ellis and both would have made excellent choices for head of Atlantis.. but Woolsey just seems like the worst possible choice the ptb could have gone with..
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X