Ellis is the worst ship captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, there's a good chance he'll die.

after all, how many ship's captains died in SG1? Pendergaast (he was good), Emerson (think that was his name).

and I think the reason Ellis tore into Rodney was becuase the scene was a setup for carter to show she can defend her people (of course, after they get shredded by the visiting military contingent)

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
      Personally I like his character.
      Me too
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by travis View Post
        Personally I like his character. I think it's good to have a character that is opposing seems more realistic plus it does make sense due to his military background. Thank god there's a character that can put Mckay's ego in check and the fact that Mckay is intimidated by him is even better.
        You know, if we were talking about Carter from when she was in SG-1 (kick-butt scientist ), no one would even think of 'putting her in her place'. In fact, that would be insulting. Just because he's an arrogant jerk doesn't mean that he should be left to fend for himself against circling jackals like Ellis (which is why I'm glad Carter defended him--she knew what pressures McKay was under). And, in the end, he did it. Give him a break, man!

Comment

Originally posted by IlluZen View Post
          You know, if we were talking about Carter from when she was in SG-1 (kick-butt scientist ), no one would even think of 'putting her in her place'. In fact, that would be insulting. Just because he's an arrogant jerk doesn't mean that he should be left to fend for himself against circling jackals like Ellis (which is why I'm glad Carter defended him--she knew what pressures McKay was under). And, in the end, he did it. Give him a break, man!
          Yes but Carter is a nice person. Everybody knows that McKay is an arrogant jerk. In real life not many people would put up with him. So as much as he is a much loved character it's unrealistic that people wouldn't go off on one like that.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
            is it just me or is Colonel ellis

a) a bad actor
            b) just a very hatable character overall

i hope he dies soon, because he's becoming one of those characters you can't stand. i'd take kavanaugh over him.
            Lol, if ellis was a real person id hire him. A douche would make a great leader, get his job done, and do it well. Alot of the higher ups in the military ive seen remind me of Ellis. I buy him as a character.

I dont think any officer would hesitate to go off on Mckay like ellis did. Id prolly be a jerk to him to, but hopefully in the friendly playful kinda way that sheppard rhonin and the others do.

Comment

Also the main characters have all got to know McKay well enough to see past the arrogant jerk and see that he is a nice guy underneath it all, not to mention brave and selfless at times, Ellis hasn't seen that side of McKay he's just seen the arrogant scientist. Sam didn't like McKay to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliHawk View Post
                Me too
                Me three

I was glad when he blasted McKay because Rodney was being incredibly annoying, as well as lying through his teeth.

Ellis is certainly no worse than Caldwell was when he first showed up.

Or Sumner, for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by andy tyler View Post
                  is it just me or is Colonel ellis

a) a bad actor
                  b) just a very hatable character overall

i hope he dies soon, because he's becoming one of those characters you can't stand. i'd take kavanaugh over him.
                  Thats a bit harsh. I happen to like Ellis he is a devoted military man. I like that he doesn't waste time and gets straight to the point. Colonel Steven Caldwell is a by-the-books military man too. I didn't like him at first either, but he rubbed off on me.
                  He's not a bad his actor, his character is just stern and monotoned. I think Ellis just has a commanding presence and he is just the man that the Atlantis' military forces need.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                    Thats a bit harsh. I happen to like Ellis he is a devoted military man. I like that he doesn't waste time and gets straight to the point. Colonel Steven Caldwell is a by-the-books military man too. I didn't like him at first either, but he rubbed off on me.
                    He's not a bad his actor, his character is just stern and monotoned. I think Ellis just has a commanding presence and he is just the man that the Atlantis' military forces need.
                    Agreed.

Except I've always liked Caldwell.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Ellis is ok, but Caldwell is awesome! I hope he shows up in S4 sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiefer13 View Post
                        Ellis is ok, but Caldwell is awesome! I hope he shows up in S4 sometime.
                        he already has in Be All My Sins Remebered.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Niice! Havn't seen that ep yet, that ep dosnt air until the 14th over here.

Comment

Originally posted by tjmitchem View Post
                            Me three

I was glad when he blasted McKay because Rodney was being incredibly annoying, as well as lying through his teeth.

Ellis is certainly no worse than Caldwell was when he first showed up.

Or Sumner, for that matter.
                            No he wasn't. Mckay did have a plan it just wasnt finished yet and yes I like Ellis but he had no right to shoot Mckay down like that.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

He is right though McKay does waste too much time talking. We know he's smart he can state his points, but he just needs to stop dressing them up and bragging so much, unlike Zelenka who says what he knows. I like McKay but he can come across as annoying and arrogant.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                                He is right though McKay does waste too much time talking. We know he's smart he can state his points, but he just needs to stop dressing them up and bragging so much, unlike Zelenka who says what he knows. I like McKay but he can come across as annoying and arrogant.
                                True.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X