X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    To whoever suggested Daniel took the picture:
    So you're suggesting Daniel might have taken the picture but that he didn't give it to Sam? Then, how, pray tell, did Sam get it? Theft?
    OH MY GOD!!! Do you actually read anything?!?!

See my previous post - Jack would've given it to her. Don't know how many times I've repeated that.

When people take pictures of their friends they generally give them copies of the pictures with them in them, like Daniel would give Jack the pictures with him (Jack) in. Jack thought it was a nice memory as that picture was taken when he was smiling at Sam and thought he would give it to Sam when she left for Atlantis. Is that concept to hard for you to understand?
    Last edited by Nikki; 14 October 2007, 10:53 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

And I have never used Real World logic around the pictures. That's your perception of my logic. My logic is purely inverse. I couldn't give a Furling's tuchas who put what where.

Inverse logic states that she couldn't have gotten a hold of said picture had she not had an accomplice (Walter?) or rigged a camera somewhere nearby because she couldn't physically have taken it (with it on her person) and neither could anyone else in their current company.
      Oh good lord, how difficult a concept is this to grasp?!

1. Your inverse logic about Sam being a stalker is based entirely upon the viewpoint from which the photo is taken.
      2. The viewpoint from which the photo is taken is a DIRECT RESULT of the real world decision by the props team to use that particular stock photo of RDA as Jack.

Do you not understand that?

The only way your "inverse" logic can possibly apply in the case of this photo is if you suppose that the use of that particular photo, taken from that particular viewpoint, is a deliberate decision on behalf of the props team/TPTB and is supposed to indicate something within the "inverse" beyond the simple concept of "Sam has a photo of Jack."

Do you REALLY honestly believe that to be the case? Do you?

If so... then trying to have a logical discussion with you is truly an exercise in futility.
      If not... then for goodness' sake accept that your argument has no logical basis and stop trying to prove that up is down.
      sigpic

Comment

The photo only proves Sam has a photo of Jack. Nothing more. The producers no doubt stuck that in to continue fueling the fire of 'ship' (for those interested in it) because they don't want to lose that audience

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          The photo only proves Sam has a photo of Jack. Nothing more. The producers no doubt stuck that in to continue fueling the fire of 'ship' (for those interested in it) because they don't want to lose that audience
          I agree and whether they decide to end the arc or not is yet to be seen but this
          Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          Sam & Jack are no more (and probably never were)!
          is hardly true.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

I used to ship those two until season 8, when Jack was hardly on the show. I think there was something there but now it's all a mess because of bad writing!

Comment

Because:
              1) When the thread was started, no mention of the pictures were made
              2) Someone mentioned them and I had to address the matter and also edit the original post
              3) People keep dwelling on the pictures, forcing me to reply

And I have never used Real World logic around the pictures. That's your perception of my logic. My logic is purely inverse. I couldn't give a Furling's tuchas who put what where.

Inverse logic states that she couldn't have gotten a hold of said picture had she not had an accomplice (Walter?) or rigged a camera somewhere nearby because she couldn't physically have taken it (with it on her person) and neither could anyone else in their current company.

[B]To whoever suggested Daniel took the picture:[/B]
              So you're suggesting Daniel might have taken the picture but that he didn't give it to Sam? Then, how, pray tell, did Sam get it? Theft?

Jack gave it to her.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                Jack gave it to her.
                SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Are you one of those [mod snip] people who've been hoping for Jack and Daniel, I mean Sam and Jack to finally get together for years? Well, though luck.
                  And you're for McKay/Shep ship.

To each their own.

Why not practice a little tolerance and generosity of spirit for a change, FAII?

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Why is this important? Because no sane person would elect to get shipped off to another galaxy when they've got a perfectly fine job back on Earth + a guy who loves them (especially not if it took 8 years to snare said guy!). Especially not indefinitely.
                    I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out, but thats exactly what Weir did. I guess she wasn't sane.

However I have to agree that Sam and Jack are not together. Sam still falls under Jack's chain of command as a miliary officer and the commander of Atlantis, as both would still fall under Homeworld Security's control and as long as both controlled by the military (despite what the IOA may think or like). So it's not happening.

Personally, i'd rather see Jack with Daniel. I'm not into the whole guy on guy thing, but Carter and Jack, that's a dead horse. A very beaten dead horse, and this picture of Jack is the latest stick to beat that poor beaten dead horse.

Hell, she is a stalker. She was about to get married to Pete until Jack started getting some action, as if that doesn't screm jealousy. Jack didn't seem to care as he had already started to move on, plus did his bit to play Kirk and have a kid with an offworld hussie.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out, but thats exactly what Weir did. I guess she wasn't sane.

However I have to agree that Sam and Jack are not together. Sam still falls under Jack's chain of command as a miliary officer and the commander of Atlantis, as both would still fall under Homeworld Security's control and as long as both controlled by the military (despite what the IOA may think or like). So it's not happening.

Personally, i'd rather see Jack with Daniel. I'm not into the whole guy on guy thing, but Carter and Jack, that's a dead horse. A very beaten dead horse, and this picture of Jack is the latest stick to beat that poor beaten dead horse.

Hell, she is a stalker. She was about to get married to Pete until Jack started getting some action, as if that doesn't screm jealousy. Jack didn't seem to care as he had already started to move on, plus did his bit to play Kirk and have a kid with an offworld hussie.
                      THe main reason it's not going to happen is the producers don't want to lose the viewers who have hung on this long, and heck, even followed sam to SGA, because as soon as they resolve the S/J 'relationship', that's it. Viewers will go "that's nice" and leave.

I don't see Carter as a stalker, but as someone who has to either cut Jack off and enjoy life, or be resigned to not having a guy as by the time Jack retires, all he's gonna want to do is fish

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        THe main reason it's not going to happen is the producers don't want to lose the viewers who have hung on this long, and heck, even followed sam to SGA, because as soon as they resolve the S/J 'relationship', that's it. Viewers will go "that's nice" and leave.

I don't see Carter as a stalker, but as someone who has to either cut Jack off and enjoy life, or be resigned to not having a guy as by the time Jack retires, all he's gonna want to do is fish
                        As much as I hate to bump up this thread, Prion, it's my personal view that TPTB have already lost a lot of S/J shippers (or are about to lose a lot of S/J shippers) which is kind of hard to do since they seem to be die-hard fans. People do lose interest after a few years, though.

So, it would actually make sense for them to re-invigorate the storyline (not the first time they've done that after letting it lie for a few years), if they're aiming to make some money. I think it would draw in more viewers.

I also think that some kind of confirmation of the S/J relationship doesn't mean that suddenly there's no more fun to be found there. A talented writer could still get a lot of conflict and angst out of it, if they wanted to. Look at all the romance that went on in Firefly. They even had married people in it And the amount of time given to any 'ship in the Stargate franchise is considerably less than what they did in that series.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                          As much as I hate to bump up this thread, Prion, it's my personal view that TPTB have already lost a lot of S/J shippers (or are about to lose a lot of S/J shippers) which is kind of hard to do since they seem to be die-hard fans. People do lose interest after a few years, though.

So, it would actually make sense for them to re-invigorate the storyline (not the first time they've done that after letting it lie for a few years), if they're aiming to make some money. I think it would draw in more viewers.

I also think that some kind of confirmation of the S/J relationship doesn't mean that suddenly there's no more fun to be found there. A talented writer could still get a lot of conflict and angst out of it, if they wanted to. Look at all the romance that went on in Firefly. They even had married people in it And the amount of time given to any 'ship in the Stargate franchise is considerably less than what they did in that series.
                          No, you're right. I know a fan who was a die-hard S/J, and I mean die-hard. Well, I ran into her at a con, noticing no S/J t-shirt and she said she'd had it with being jerked-around by the show as it's never gonna happen, so she's bailed on SG fandom entirely and last I saw, was happily watching Supernatural.

But they have to be careful as they want to do SG1 movies and as long as they've got Sam in the movies (don't think RDA will do anymore), they have to think about that. Plus many SGA fans, I would think, don't want SGA to get riddled with lots of expository dialogue on Sam's dating Jack, or whatever. SG1 had ten years to resolve that, they didn't, so let it go to the movies, not SGA.

However, me thinks I'll win $10 in lotto before that happens.

Comment

People keep dwelling on the pictures, forcing me to reply
                            No one forces anyone to reply.
                            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                            Individuality is freedom lived.
                            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                            X