This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Über View Post
    I think the PTB enjoy inserting impossible production/promo pictures just for the heck of it.
    Similar happened, when McKay watched the Rodney&Carson promo picture from "Duet" in "Sunday".

Trek_Girl42: You are right as always.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      Cool. And who made the photo? The fish?
      Originally posted by Über View Post
      LOL Yeah I know. How funny.

Just like the photo of Daniel in a tux on her shelf, which was from Vala's wedding fantasy sequence in episode 200...ie., it never even happened...and yet we have a pretty picture from it out on display.

I think the PTB enjoy inserting impossible production/promo pictures just for the heck of it.
      That was my point earlier...these pictures are meant to taken at face-value not meant to be over-analysed about when, where or by whom they were taken, as otherwise it just doesn't make sense. Who cares if they're older pictures of Jack...they're just meant to be pictures of Jack.

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
      I agree- I think the whole subject should just be dropped from the show for good. That way we can all go our separate ways with our own ideas of "they are!" or "they aren't!" To ever put any answer in canon would just piss off half the fan base. It's just best if it's not mentioned at all, either way.
      I don't think so. I know 99% of shippers are waiting for either a resolution or confirmation...so if it wasn't addressed again shippers would be pretty pissed. Even if it was addressed again to say they weren't together or weren't gonna get together because...*add a good reason, which would make logical sense*. But if they left the arc unfinished it would just be plain bad storytelling, with no one left satisfied as the question that was proposed, debated and analysed for 10+ years would be left unanswered...how disappointing.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Reasonably, there is no longer any need for anyone to be permanently stationed on Atlantis. Everyone can simply commute.

Comment

sam/jack = noob
          jack/daniel = noob

thread over, lock please.

Comment

Similar happened, when McKay watched the Rodney&Carson promo picture from "Duet" in "Sunday".

Trek_Girl42: You are right as always.
            Me? Right? Always? Heh. Who'd have thought.

The picture in Sunday amused me. But I like that it was there. One of my favourite episode stills from the whole series.

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
            I don't think so. I know 99% of shippers are waiting for either a resolution or confirmation...so if it wasn't addressed again shippers would be pretty pissed. Even if it was addressed again to say they weren't together or weren't gonna get together because...*add a good reason, which would make logical sense*. But if they left the arc unfinished it would just be plain bad storytelling, with no one left satisfied as the question that was proposed, debated and analysed for 10+ years would be left unanswered...how disappointing.
            Thing is, it's not an arc. It never has been. There's been no actual plot to it. It's been in a couple of (stand alone, or AU) episodes multiple seasons ago, a couple of looks that some interpret as "longing", and suggestive comments. There's no arcing! I don't see the point in going all the way back and re-opening that issue up in a completely different series where it most certainly doesn't belong. I think it would do more damage than good no matter the outcome, because either way pretty much one side of the fanbase will cry foul, curse the PTB, etc. The Stargate fanbase is already very divided at the moment, and this issue doesn't need to be re-added to an already blazing bonfire of hostility. Look at how confrontational this thread has gotten already! If they leave it as it is, everyone can continue thinking what they like, which is probably for the best.

Poor Sam needs to be left alone, she's already in the middle of a fanbase tug-of-war with her arms pretty close to being ripped off. She needs to have some character focus that doesn't involve her love life to try and settle things down a bit.

Comment

If Sam and Jack are together, great. If not, then I can live with that too. Will we ever know for sure, I highly doubt it. So personally, I just don't fret about it too much.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Cool. And who made the photo? The fish?
                Stalker fish!!!

Comment

Uber: great post
                  Nikki: good job you are doing

And I don't see the problem if we get a confirmation of them being together in the movies. Nothing big, just confirmation they got together after Threads. You can't deny they were building up to something for years which came together in Threads. Just look at the "previously" from that ep.

Would that upset so many people?

And for now, we don't know for sure what the pic means. It could be friends, it could be married. I choose the latter.

O, and as for Sam being a galaxy away. Aren't there so many people with families, who have a job that takes them away from home for weeks or months at a time? And that include jobs that aren't so important as what Sam is doing right now. She's certainly not gone indefintely.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83 View Post
                    Even so, if that picture is from "Singularity" it only proves that TPTB simply printed a pic of Jack from a screenshot. Where was a camera in that ep? Cause knowing from what ep it could be from my best guess is it's from that scene where he is holding the dog, or giving it to Cassie.

Same goes for the other one, it's simply a pic taken right out of the episode in that case. It could even have been taken by Daniel or Teal'c, doesn't have to be a romantic pic, simply a nice memory. What does that prove? Other that they didn't bother calling RDA and say "hey, we need a few new shots of you as Jack and with you and Sam together." They took the simple way...
                    that is most probably what happened-they didn't get a current of Rick and Amanda or of Rick-for whatever reason-so the prop guy grabbed the first 8/10 glossy of Jack in civies and stuck it in a frame and there you go.

but people are entitled to their own opinions-but to infer that Sam was a "stalker" because the prop guys used an old phot of RDA to be the civilian photo that Sam has on Atlantis is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

whatever the reason for the use of the photo from Singularity-whether it was an unposed picture or a rip from the tape or whatever doesnt' really matter.
                    they didn't spend a lot of time on showing it. they never mentioned it. there were no brass bands playing. it didn't interfere with the story line-either enhancing it or detracting from it-so who cares.

as a shipper I am glad that the picture was there-would I have been happier if it was a current picture or a picture with the two of them that didn't involve sitting on the pier fishing-sure-but to infer that -even sarcastically-that this was a covert photo opportunity for Sam is a bit silly, don't you think?
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Uber: great post
                      Nikki: good job you are doing

O, and as for Sam being a galaxy away. Aren't there so many people with families, who have a job that takes them away from home for weeks or months at a time? And that include jobs that aren't so important as what Sam is doing right now. She's certainly not gone indefintely.
                      well agreement on your kudos to Uber and Nikki-and as for the many people with families far away-my friend back home has that situation-her husband has been living in another city for 2 years and they get together on weekends-it is driving them nuts and he is trying like heck to get back -but sometimes it is what it is.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

How many times must I state this (because people obviously ignore parts of my posts because they works against them):
                        I did not bring the pictures up. In fact, I did not bring them up in this thread, either. Other people brought them up and flaunted them as proof of Jack and Sam being together.

I simply refuted said claims. The pictures don't really prove they're together. If anything, they prove Sam's a stalker as she couldn't really have gotten her hands on that picture in any other way. Lazy prop guy? Sure, real world logic. But in-verse logic where "Picture of Jack in suitcase = They're a happy couple"? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          How many times must I state this (because people obviously ignore parts of my posts because they works against them):
                          I did not bring the pictures up. In fact, I did not bring them up in this thread, either. Other people brought them up and flaunted them as proof of Jack and Sam being together.

I simply refuted said claims. The pictures don't really prove they're together. If anything, they prove Sam's a stalker as she couldn't really have gotten her hands on that picture in any other way. Lazy prop guy? Sure, real world logic. But in-verse logic where "Picture of Jack in suitcase = They're a happy couple"? Not so much.
                          ROFL. Like there's not any other way she could have gotten a pic of Jack then for her to be stalking him and secretly taking pictures. Pullease. Together or not, Jack could have easily given her a pic, that sounds by far more logical to me then Sam being a stalker.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                            I think the quasi-sarcasm of the thread has been lost on you.

u really want sarcasm from me?..

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            If I were a Sam/Jack shipper, but I'm not, I'd be royally pissed off at the tact in which you said that.
                            Thanks
                            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Hmmm that's a bit harsh. I hate Sam as much as the next anti-season 4 poster, but If my ship was attacked like that... I'd be pissed. I still ship John/Elizabeth even though that is never going to happen. All the little things lilke John wanting to go find Elizabeth send me on a squeeing mission. I think people should ship whatever they want to ship...wheter or not it's realistic.

I agree that she would not have left if she was with Jack though.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                                ROFL. Like there's not any other way she could have gotten a pic of Jack then for her to be stalking him and secretly taking pictures. Pullease. Together or not, Jack could have easily given her a pic, that sounds by far more logical to me then Sam being a stalker.
                                I didn't say she could only have gotten a picture of Jack by stalking him (stop not reading what I write).

I said she couldn't possibly have gotten that picture without stalking him (or have someone else do it for her).

Comment

Working...
                                X