Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is true... With them now knowing of the PWARW they realise we are threats. THOUGh i wonder why they never knew of them before, since we got the knowledge from one of the ancient repositories of knowledg.e You would have thought that since they were made by the lanteans, and modeled everything after them, they would have garnered most if not all of the database..

Comment

they problay knew about the disruptors when the ancients tried to destroy them and tried to get rid of evidence so they sent their ships to destroy the city but some nanite survived maybe from biulding a immunity to it.

but now that earth have knowledge and pocess and have means of destroying them, than thats when they took action.

since 10,000 years of peace and the asurans replicating to fill a planet, they would think they were safe since the ancients are gone and the wraith sleeping, noone will destroy them.....until earth came along with weapons of disruption.
      sigpic

Comment

The Ancients didnt create the ARWs. Jack did with the database of the ancients. Much like his claytons ZPM (the ZPM you have when you dont have a ZPM). Neither are Ancient design, and it was something that Jack made with their knowledge, not from it. Its all explained in better detail in SG1 - but the ARW is a byproduct of their life seeding machine, not a weapon against replicators they made.

They didnt think they needed to make one - they thought they had destroyed the asurans. That is probably why the asurans didnt deem them a threat until after The Return. Before that, they just wanted to destroy/take over Atlantis because they were pissed off with the Lanteans.
        : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
        : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          Weir will either die or become AsurWeir
          Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
          I prefer Repliweir
          I'd go for Weirdo

Comment

Well, the Asurans are a threat if a) they decide to kill off people, or b) become management/financial consultants, and in that case, thousands will be out of work.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
              Nope, Col. Sheppard gave Steve a ton of things to try and keep him healthy, and none of them worked.

I forgot about that. That seems to be a bit of a plot hole though, as I remember another episode where it was hinted that Wraith can survive off solid food (I forget the Episode title, but it was the one where they had a treaty to only feed on prisoners).

P.S.
              Did Sheppard try feeding Steve cows? That worked for the Atavus in Earth Final Conflict, and that's where TPTB lifted the Wraith from. The Atavus ( or actually the Human-Atavus Hybrids I think it was ) didn't enjoy feeding off cows very much, but it did keep them alive.

P.P.S. I know this is starting to get a bit off topic, but I'm just trying to prove that killing humans to starve Wraith is a bad plan. And I'm not just saying that because I am a human.

Comment

Originally posted by Liam Kincaid View Post
                I forgot about that. That seems to be a bit of a plot hole though, as I remember another episode where it was hinted that Wraith can survive off solid food (I forget the Episode title, but it was the one where they had a treaty to only feed on prisoners).
                To quote from the episode...
                Condemned

MAGISTRATE: I apologize for my tardiness. I had an urgent matter to attend to – a matter which could ultimately benefit us both.
                (He hands the goblet to his guest who we now see for the first time. It’s a Wraith.)
                WRAITH: In that case, (it takes the goblet and inhales the aroma of the wine) apology accepted. (It drinks, and smiles.) Exceptional as always. I think this is my favorite vintage yet.
                (The Magistrate, holding his own goblet, sits at the opposite end of the table, on which is spread a meal.)
                MAGISTRATE: I hope you find the food acceptable as well. My new chef is quite accomplished.
                WRAITH: I certainly hope so. Your previous chef unfortunately proved to be far more appetizing than the meals he prepared.
                (The Magistrate laughs nervously. The Wraith puts a forkful of food in its mouth and snarls appreciatively.)
                MAGISTRATE: I must admit, I still find it intriguing to watch you eat actual food.
                WRAITH: Our lineage may have diverged, but there are those of us who still retain an appreciation for finer things. (It lifts another forkful of food and looks at it.) And although it may provide a moment’s pleasure, it does not sustain me. (It puts the fork down, stands and walks closer to the Magistrate.) This arrangement I have made with you and your predecessors has served both of us well. While others of my kind have been forced to sleep between cullings, I have enjoyed a steady stream of humans for my consumption – and the taste of their defiance is sweet. You, in return, have been allowed to live in peace.

Comment

Okay, now I see. I didn't remember the "it does not sustain me" part. Thank you.I still think killing all the humans is a bad plan for stopping the Wraith.

Comment

well maybe learning that earth is the ancient second evolution, and so maybe not able to kill the ancient they decided to go for the kids..

lifeline:
                    Spoiler:
                    but now that probing wiers mind, they will find out about earths defense like the drone platform
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson
                      Weir will either die or become AsurWeir

Quote:Originally Posted by Major_Griff
                      I prefer Repliweir
                      I can't decide between Replizabeth (too easy?) Elizabyte (too cute?) or Elizacutus of Asura (too . . . something).

Anyway, back to the topic: I never believed in the OMG! They're coming for Earth! crap that Colonel Ellis was selling, sorry. I think the IOA believed it, though, because Wolsey, suffering from major PTSD ("He had his HANDS in my HEAD!") had been whining about this 'major threat' since The Return Pt.2. Then, when they found out that the Asurans were building warships, they started listening to Wolsey, and also took the opportunity to slowly push Elizabeth out (she sensed it herself in that ep, and it had been coming since the major miscalculation in Allies: no matter that the IOA were in on that, someone was always going to carry the bag, and that someone was Elizabeth).
                      Even in Return Part 1, we're never told why the Asurans attacked Atlantis - my personal theory is that something about the Ancients back in Atlantis reactivated some long-range sensors the Asurans had in place in case of such a thing ever happening, which is why they were so surprised when the team made first contact in Progeny.

IMO, the warships were part of their plan to eliminate the Wraith as they had said they would - not by attacking them directly, but by wiping out their food source: all the humans in Pegasus, as well as Atlantis itself. Why not use a nanovirus? Well, the Asurans never struck me as very patient people: a direct strike from their LASER!BEAM! would do the job much quicker and in a more fool-proof way (maybe they even thought that Atlantis spread the word that EMP would neutralize the virus).

I always thought that the whole 'nuke the Asurans' was a dumbass, poke the hornets' nest plan - even if they were actually heading for Earth, maybe the IOA should have let them meet the Ori first, take care of that problem for us!

ETA Oh, and what happened to the fricking Daedalus? Where's Col. Skinner I mean Caldwell? What have you done to him you must tell us!!!

Comment

for a very advanced race the ancients arnt very clever even though they are sceenctist mainly but if they knew how to destroy and could programme them to do anything why use them to detroy the wraith and then destroy them that way the wraith will be limited and busy with the asurans and the ancients would just kill them off later
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          for a very advanced race the ancients arnt very clever even though they are sceenctist mainly but if they knew how to destroy and could programme them to do anything why use them to detroy the wraith and then destroy them that way the wraith will be limited and busy with the asurans and the ancients would just kill them off later
                          Something dramatic probably happened which they have yet to reveal as of yet. For example, how did they get to the point where they could recreate all Ancient technology? Unless the Ancients left the Stargate on Asuras, they would've had to get the knowledge for all of this before the Ancients attempted to destroy them. So, perhaps they interfaced with an Ancient database and begun not just mimicing their appearance, but their technology as well and that made the Ancients very nervous. I can certainly see why one would not want to unleash a foe on the Wraith that was stronger than you as even though the Asurans couldn't attack you, they weren't supposed to evolve into sentient beings that mimic Humanoid or recreate your own technology. As it was they were all limited to one planet so destroying them was plausable. However, once you send them throughout the entire galaxy, you could end up with a problem greater than the Wraith on your hands as they won't simply obey you when you tell them to all come back to that planet and bring every last nanite so you could destroy them all.

Comment

I don't really think the Asurans are a threat to anything, seeing how their defenses suck so much, we were able to stick a Puddle Jumper under their "watchful" eyes, in the middle of their main city.
                            My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Of course the Asurans would want to destroy Earth, they just have to play the part of a relentless, powerful enemy that is a serious threat to us, only to give us the feeling that humans are so small and fragile, but can put up a hell of a fight against any possible being in the Universe!
                              Ha, ha, how predictible, small, narrow-minded and pathetic that is. Every kid watching SGA will have the feeling that humans are so great, that everything in this Universe reduces to war, and that military people save the day.
                              Beware! this is not healthy, peacefull thinking, but all of us are seeing it in each episode.

The writers can find a lot of reasons for the Asurans to hunt humans, of course they can it's sci-fi, but I am still wondering what is the reason that they feel they should make everything such a big fight, where did the human part, the compassion and understanding beyond ourselves go?
                              If there indeed are aliens out there, for real, do you think that everything would be so simple?!?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X