Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plots from sg1 do you want tobe carried on in Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    However, the Asurans were created and designed and programmed to attack/wipe out the Wraith and it is a reasonable assumption, if you will, that that desire/need/purpose is still there in their base coding...
    If it's still there, why haven't they done so already?

A) because they like seeing their creators fight the Wraith - downside -> they don't get the satisfaction of killing them theirselves

B) it has to be activated - downside -> the ancients forgot to install a switch

C) they're too busy blowing up Atlantis to think about the Wraith - upside -> Wraith can't feast on toasters on legs
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In the spoilers for the Seer, it mentions
      Spoiler:
      a particular virus, a part of the Asuran makeup, that activates their aggression against the Wraith.
      Last edited by Skydiver; 12 June 2007, 04:16 PM.
      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

And you didn't use spoiler tags for that WHY? *scowls*

Anyway, whatever the Replicators- sorry, the "Asurans" are planning to do with the Wraith they aren't gonna do it until after they wipe out Atlantis.

1. Destroy Atlantis.
        2. Destroy the Wraith.
        3. Ascend.

I'm sure you can see how waiting until they get to #2 might be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If it's still there, why haven't they done so already?
          Because they all gotta do what Oberoth says and Oberoth's an arrogant PITA?
          sigpic

Comment

Because they all gotta do what Oberoth says and Oberoth's an arrogant PITA?
            Oberoth has to have his priorities in order before they can do anything else. it'll probably be like what Shadowmaat's list looks like.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

However, the Asurans were created and designed and programmed to attack/wipe out the Wraith and it is a reasonable assumption, if you will, that that desire/need/purpose is still there in their base coding...
              Considering how their base code has already been mucked with.... it's hard to tell what remains. I doubt the wraith-killing stuff exists anymore as they woudl have been doing something then, instead of sitting around in their city.

Comment

I dont understand why there were never any Ori interest in SG:A. I find it hard to believe they didnt know about it. Even if the Ancients were "shielding" or whatever the MW galaxy from the Ori noticing them, & also Pegesus & Asgard, it seems that once the supergate was blocked, the Ori should have been able to trace the wormhole. Or once they knew about the MW Galaxy, "see" ships heading in & out of MW to & from Pegesus & Asgard. That right there was the main reason I never liked the idea of SG:A or the Asgard, or the Ori being in other galaxies. IMO everything should all have been happening in the MW Galaxy.

As for any other plots from SG-1, anything that had to do with the ancients, heck even those Foothold aliens, anything that can be used in SG:A, try to. Have the Furlings be found in Pegesus. SG:A should continue to expand on its own, but at the same time, you cant ignore the 10 years of SG-1.

Heck, have Hathor, Athena, or Ameratsu or any other female goa'uld hide out in Pegesus, find some ancient ship or city, or something to make her rapidly return to the level of threat system Lords were in the earlier season of SG-1. Ok, that might be stretching it, but still.

But I do think first, some more threats that just the Wraith & Asurans should be made. That has always been the weak spot of the Stargate franchise. Star Trek had ok, way too many aliens, but they still had about 4 different enemy aliens per series. They could have done a lot better, but still, the point is, there were more options available, even if they dropped the ball several times. Each Stargate show has what, two? & the Asurans & the replicators are pretty much the same. & the three from SG-1 are pretty much, all but gone. & I dont even count the Lucian Alliance.

But stuff from SG-1, Atlantis & SG:Universe all should have some effect on each other.

Comment

I dont think any of the SG-1 plot should be included in Atlantis. I like Atlantis just they way it is, AND THAT INCLUDES WIER!! I think that the show is going through to much change, and i think the rateing will show in season 4.
                  This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                  Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                  we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

The legacy of the Furlings and the Clavia Thesorus Infinatum.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Considering how their base code has already been mucked with.... it's hard to tell what remains. I doubt the wraith-killing stuff exists anymore as they woudl have been doing something then, instead of sitting around in their city.
                      I think it still exists.
                      in The Real World the nanites that Niam left in Weir were still programmed to attack the wraith, despite the fact we know for sure the agression code was removed from Niam by McKay so it probably means when they rebooted Niam they reinseted the old code and I assume all of them are still using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
                        The legacy of the Furlings and the Clavia Thesorus Infinatum.

Ditto .

Comment

Definatly agree on the Clava thinggy!

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            Don't you mean to say 'destroying Atlantis'?

Exactly. THe Asurans really don't give a rat's patootie about the Wraith. The Wraith can't do squat to them as replicators aren't flesh and blood. It would be like the wraith trying to suck dry a toaster
                            Wrong. The Asurans have stated that their main goal is to destroy the Wraith. At first they wanted to destroy Atlantis then they wanted to capture it. Now we are a threat and they want us gone so their goals are to destroy us and the Wraith.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Don't you mean to say 'destroying Atlantis'?
                              They want to do that too, but their main goals are destroying the Wraith and Ascension.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Wrong. The Asurans have stated that their main goal is to destroy the Wraith. At first they wanted to destroy Atlantis then they wanted to capture it. Now we are a threat and they want us gone so their goals are to destroy us and the Wraith.
                                They never stated that their main goal is to destroy the Wraith. They did not want to ascend either. That was just a handful of Asurans that wanted to be like the Ancients. The main group of Asurans want to destroy not only Atlantis but Earth as well (for some reason). If the Ancients were still around they would try to kill them as well. I'm sure though that they will want to kill the wraith again(spoilers for the seer).
                                Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                                encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                                3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                                4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                                5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Working...
                                X