This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hypochondriac View Post
    The main point I have against the Wraith is they will head for Earth ASAP. You would have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't get the advanced anctient technology once they defeat the asurans.

I don't expect us to have the unending tech for much longer. Probably get's destroyed of something
    What do you mean you dont expect us to have it any longer, unending would have been a pointless episode
    Spoiler:
    and a ridiculous waste of the asgard if we dont keep their tech. We will keep it but it will take us a long while to effectivly begin to see the tech integrated into the show and the energy weapons on the ships will be significantly diminished on other ships seeing as they wont have a zpm.

Comment

The Wraith would always want to kill Humans, no matter what. I could see them allying with a small group of Asurans who want our help to ascend or something.

+ I think it would be more interesting allying with the Asurans.
      The main point I have against the Wraith is they will head for Earth ASAP. You would have to watch them like a hawk to make sure they don't get the advanced anctient technology once they defeat the asurans.

I don't expect us to have the unending tech for much longer. Probably get's destroyed of something
      They aren't going to lose the Asgard tech.. It would make Unending pointless, not to mention they're not going to be careless with it. They'd make a duplicate and put it in the most secure place on Earth.
      Last edited by Professor Chaos; 22 May 2007, 05:08 PM.
      Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

The asurans are a p*ss poor enemy.

Comment

If I were somehow a character in the show, I'd rather ally with the Asurans, because they could help up get rid of the Wraith and then when the PWARW is ready we could deal with them too.

In term of being a viewer, I'd rather they allied with the Wraith, as the Asurans are boring as hell imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            If I were somehow a character in the show, I'd rather ally with the Asurans, because they could help up get rid of the Wraith and then when the PWARW is ready we could deal with them too.
            But they would adapt to the PWARW's waves. And both the Wraith and the Asurans want to get to Earth and our life-sucking enemies are easier [?] to defeat by the Ancient chair.
            Last edited by Vespasianus; 23 May 2007, 02:12 AM. Reason: grammar
            sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I doubt that an alliance with the Asurans or the Wraith would be feasible :
              - the Asurans don't need any help from the humans
              - the previous alliance with the Wraith was a disaster ...

What I'd like to see is a *new* powerful and advanced ally , because currently
              the humans have only strong enemies and no allies .
              Spoiler:
              The Asgard were the only friendly advanced race that has actually
              helped directly. But they are now gone.
              Well, to be fair we could also count the Tok'ra but they were already an almost extinct
              species from the very beginning when they were introduced in the story.
              Why do all the friend races have to be either "non-intervening" or "almost extinct" or
              "dead" ?!

This lack of balance risks to make the plots less credible eventually : it's nice
              to see that the SG team(s) are very resourceful and are able to find solutions
              against enemies who are much more powerful.

But they can't go on forever sneaking around and solving all the problems
              with
              Spoiler:
              devices left behind by the Ancients.
              - we got rid of the replicators with the ancient device at Dakara.
              - we got rid (apparently) of the Ori with Merlin's device. This was predictable
              from the first moment when the team has found about that device.

Things are starting to repeat ... it would be silly to solve the Asurans
              problem with some anti-asurans Ancient device.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                I doubt that an alliance with the Asurans or the Wraith would be feasible :
                - the Asurans don't need any help from the humans
                - the previous alliance with the Wraith was a disaster ...

What I'd like to see is a *new* powerful and advanced ally , because currently
                the humans have only strong enemies and no allies .
                Spoiler:
                The Asgard were the only friendly advanced race that has actually
                helped directly. But they are now gone.
                Well, to be fair we could also count the Tok'ra but they were already an almost extinct
                species from the very beginning when they were introduced in the story.
                Why do all the friend races have to be either "non-intervening" or "almost extinct" or
                "dead" ?!

This lack of balance risks to make the plots less credible eventually : it's nice
                to see that the SG team(s) are very resourceful and are able to find solutions
                against enemies who are much more powerful.

But they can't go on forever sneaking around and solving all the problems
                with
                Spoiler:
                devices left behind by the Ancients.
                - we got rid of the replicators with the ancient device at Dakara.
                - we got rid (apparently) of the Ori with Merlin's device. This was predictable
                from the first moment when the team has found about that device.

Things are starting to repeat ... it would be silly to solve the Asurans
                problem with some anti-asurans Ancient device.
                I see what you mean man it would be good to find other ways mix it up a little, remember the basics behind the anti replicator weapons is ancient also, however that would be so predictable and boring if we destroyed them with the pwarw, hopefully their gone quick though because the asurans really do suck as an enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                  I see what you mean man it would be good to find other ways mix it up a little, remember the basics behind the anti replicator weapons is ancient also, however that would be so predictable and boring if we destroyed them with the pwarw, hopefully their gone quick though because the asurans really do suck as an enemy.
                  There are at least two another obvious ways to fight against the Asurans : a computer
                  virus or hacking into their network. Wouldn't it be nice to send them some spyware
                  software that would make the asurans endlessly send spam messages between them ?

(my appologies if i'm drifting away from the initial topic)

Comment

Lol no worries we all are a little.

Comment

i'd have to side with the wraith. they're more interesting characters, and while previous alliences have gone sour, all we gotta do is make sure they don't get our hyperspace tech. coz if they get atlantis and dial earth, the most they can do is send through a bunch or wraith right into earths iris!

anyways, i feel the wraith have more to gain with an alliance with us than the asruans do. though it would be cool to see some down and dirty, one-on-one fighting with the asruans
                      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*
                      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I like the idea of hacking the network and spamming them. That'll show them to mess with Earth.

Comment

^rofl so many ads for cheap phone calls and
                          Spoiler:
                          penis enlargers
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            ^rofl so many ads for cheap phone calls and
                            Spoiler:
                            penis enlargers
                            Oberoth gets that message and thinks to himself "how did they know?"
                            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
                              But they would adapt to the PWARW's waves. And both the Wraith and the Asurans want to get to Earth and our life-sucking enemies are easier [?] to defeat by the Ancient chair.
                              I doubt it, the Ancients had hell of a lot more than just the chair and it didn't do them any good.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                I doubt it, the Ancients had hell of a lot more than just the chair and it didn't do them any good.
                                Spoiler:

My understanding is that the Asurans have conquered the city maily because
                                the Ancients were too confident that the Asurans would obey their orders. And
                                were caught completely off-guard.
                                Silly, but that's just another example of Ancient's inability to fight effectively for
                                their own survival.

Comment

Working...
                                X