Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Horizon? Sam can blow up a sun! Major Spoilers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravroz View Post
    Heh, those were pretty cool. Plus I did enjoy finally seeing Atlantis sink and fly. Plus, if we could take them out that easily they wouldn't have been much of an enemy.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
      If the Asurans were looked at as such a threat (which they were), why didn't the Tau'ri just blow up the Asuran sun?

Someone on here counted 42 Aurora-class Warships. Aurora is the most powerful class of WarShip ever seen in Stargate.
      Who's counted 42 Aurora-class ships??

I know that they are 60 Hives in the PG, so shouldn't 42 Aurora-class be able to win the War?

42 Aurora-class vs 60 Hives = War Over
      Last edited by VSHARMA; 12 April 2007, 11:36 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Don't you guys see what's the reason (in the world of stargate) not to blow planet Asuras with supernova sun or tainted ZPM?

They want the city itself intact! ZPM production facilities, factories.. etc.. etc..

That's the reason.

Comment

Because the fans would've complained about the lack of originality, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Because the fans would've complained about the lack of originality, obviously.
            The Fans are already doing that. The Asurans are basically Replicators in the PG. If you wanted originality they should not have bought in the Asurans.

I’ve always said that it was a good idea to show the Asurans but not as the Main villains. It was good to know the Origin of the Replicators in the MW but they should bring in the Asurans in very rarely like SG-1 show us the Unas, Nox or Re'tu.

Sorry
            Last edited by VSHARMA; 12 April 2007, 11:46 AM.

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
              The Fans are already doing that. The Asurans are basically Replicators in the PG. If you wanted originality they should not have bought in the Asurans.
              Replicators - bugs that only wish to replicate and conquere, absorbing others technology.

Asurans - war machine thats developed A.I., they do not replicate and only wanna kill us because were the link to the creators who shunned them.

Their like an angry child - if they were rip offs - theyd just wanna eat everything.
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                How about because they didn't particularly fancy genocidal action on a sentient race?

Seems a pretty fair reason to me!
                They wanted to commit genocide..... They were working on the PWARW Satellite at Area 51, in order to annihilate the entire Asuran Planet. I stated this in the original post....

Spoiler:
                ELLIS: I'm aware of that, thank you doctor, but they're not like the Milky Way Replicators. They're ships aren't built from nano-cells. They're constructed of real material that can be destroyed. Six will be more than enough for now.

McKAY: For now? Look, isn't this a bit like poking a sleeping dragon. Why don't we just wait Area 51 finishes the PWARWs?

WEIR: Which one is that again?

SHEPPARD: Planetary Wide Anti-Replicator Weapons.

McKAY: Look, the Asgard were capable of creating a satellite that can wipe out an entire Replicator planet. I mean we've had some trouble making our own, but, uh...

ELLIS: Look, would I have preferred taking out an entire planet at once? Absolutely. But this image is giving the IOA a lot of sleepless nights. The Replicators know the location of Earth. And with these new ships, have the means to get there. We can't just sit on our hands while the guys at Area 51 try to come up with a solution. Now this mission's primary objective is to eliminate key military targets. We'll come back and finish once the new weapon is up and running. [to McKAY] Doctor, I'm going to need you to start your inspections as soon as possible.
                sigpic
                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  They wanted to commit genocide..... They were working on the PWARW Satellite at Area 51, in order to annihilate the entire Asuran Planet. I stated this in the original post....
                  Possibly, but it depends on your 'take' the form of a PWARW would take. Personally, I got the impression (from nothing at all) that it would be a pretty much DEFENSIVE weapon, to defend plantes from the Asurans, rather than wipe out whole planets of them.

Comment

The Ancients could shield all of the planet Atlantis was on for a brief period with only the Atlantis shield generators and 3 ZPMs. Who is to say that the Asurans, with their vast resources, the megacity they inhabit, ability to nearly instantly construct anything they need, and unlimitted supply of power, couldn't shield their entire planet the blast, giving them time to evacuate?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio View Post
                      The Ancients could shield all of the planet Atlantis was on for a brief period with only the Atlantis shield generators and 3 ZPMs. Who is to say that the Asurans, with their vast resources, the megacity they inhabit, ability to nearly instantly construct anything they need, and unlimitted supply of power, couldn't shield their entire planet the blast, giving them time to evacuate?

Cause we don't know if a shield would stop a replicator disruptor wave..

Comment

Possibly, but it depends on your 'take' the form of a PWARW would take. Personally, I got the impression (from nothing at all) that it would be a pretty much DEFENSIVE weapon, to defend plantes from the Asurans, rather than wipe out whole planets of them.
                        If you read the spoiler window, then you'll see that you're making things up. A direct quote in there proves you wrong.
                        sigpic
                        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Before you go and get uber-defensive maybe you can explain why Weir says,

Spoiler:
                          when talking to Oberoth, that the annihilation of the Asurans is not one of their objectives.

MY take on it is that PWARW is intended for planetary defense, the key word there being INTENDED. Of course it can be used to wipe out planets, that's what we saw the Asgaard do.

YOUR take on it might well be something entirely different, but just because some military hot-head said he'd like to wipe out the whole planet, doesn't necessarily make it SGC or Lantean policy!

Jeez, mate...step back a bit, you'll live longer!!!
                          Last edited by The Suicidal Goldfish; 13 April 2007, 12:08 PM. Reason: Poor grammar...it upsets me :-)

Comment

Before you go and get uber-defensive maybe you can explain why Weir says,

Spoiler:
                            when talking to Oberoth that the annihilation of the Asurans is not one of their objectives.

MY take on it is that PWARW is intended for planetary defense, the key word there being INTENDED. Of course it can be used to wipe out planets, that's what we saw the Asgaard do.

YOUR take on it might well be something entirely different, but just because some military hot-head said he'd like to wipe out the whole planet, doesn't necessarily make it SGC or Lantean policy!

Jeez, mate...step back a bit, you'll live longer!!!
                            First of all, it wasn't Wier's call. 2nd, Wier was talking while Atlantis was under fire, on the brink of destruction to the enemy firing on them. Do you think her negotiating skills would have her saying, "oops, we wanted to destroy you, but don't currently have the means." ? 3rd, Ellis said that they plan on coming back, and using th PWARW to finish them off.

I don't even see the statement as open to interpretation. He isn't vague, or speaking metaphorically. He says that they plan on wiping out the Asurans, verbatim.

Spoiler:

McKAY: Look, the Asgard were capable of creating a satellite that can wipe out an entire Replicator planet. I mean we've had some trouble making our own, but, uh...

ELLIS: Look, would I have preferred taking out an entire planet at once? Absolutely. But this image is giving the IOA a lot of sleepless nights. The Replicators know the location of Earth. And with these new ships, have the means to get there. We can't just sit on our hands while the guys at Area 51 try to come up with a solution. Now this mission's primary objective is to eliminate key military targets. We'll come back and finish once the new weapon is up and running. [to McKAY] Doctor, I'm going to need you to start your inspections as soon as possible.

How can you interpret that as them wanting to use the weapon defensively? As for Ellis being a "military hot-head" he is an AirForce Colonel, and commander of an Earth BattleCruiser. And when it comes down to it, he takes his orders from General O'Neill. He & Hammond ordered the extermination of the MW Replicaters. O'Neill doesn't much care for the Asurans either. They did swirl their hands around in his brain and all. The IOA also wants them exterminated.

I stand by my statement that you're just making things up.

By your reasoning, why not say that Samantha Carter's a man? Even though it was stated that she's a woman since her first appearance on the show, I guess that doesn't matter. She says she's a woman, and has a woman's name. She also looks like a woman, and has been pregnant in AU's, but again, using your logic, she can just as easily be a man or a dog, or a male dog. She could be a lion, or a panda, or a chimpanzee; an elephant, Stephen Colbert, she could be Stephen Colbert! A Ferrari, by you're logic she could even be an inanimate object! A building, the empire state building! A leprechaun! A horse! A cat in a hat! She could be an XBox 360, or a football. She could be Peyton Manning! She could be a postcard, or a letter-opener. She could be a Motorola Razr, or a turtle.
                            sigpic
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Yes, I'm making it all up and you are, in no way, being obtuse.

When you can find a quote from someone from the IOA saying they're going to wipe out all the Asurans, then fine....you can't though. All you've got is a hot-headed colonel saying he'd PREFER to.

I'd PREFER driving the company BMW, but my boss says I can only have the Mondeo.

It's how you interpret what Ellis says. And, for what it's worth, I don't remember Ellis saying we'll come back and finish the job later (or words to that effect).

Comment

Wel what other posters in this thread said : We want the planet. I mean an ENTIRE PLANET FILLED WITH OPARATIONAL ANCIENT TECH , That has to be very attractive. A PWARW wil destroy ALL the replicators at once but leave there planet intact. And Niam said that they have thrived there for thousands of years meaning they probably spread across the planet. I'n my eyes nuking the planet was a horrible mistake, they should have waited till the they could wipe out the replicators and take the ships to gun down the wraith.

Comment

Working...
                                X