Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Shanks in 8 Episodes of Season 4! (April Fool's)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

notice no link
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
      "but have already given up watching Atlantis because of all of the changes next season"
      No offence, but why are people like this still here if they don't want to watch? Just to complain?

And this 'all of the changes' thing. 1 characterwwas replaced, and a new character was bought on (we don't know about Elizabeth yet, but as pics have proven she is still there). It's not as bad as some people try and make out. I would love to see some of these people watching Spooks or Prison Break, where people are killed off ALL the time.

Sorry, but I really just don't understand this.

Comment

I agree with SGFerrit...not many changes and nothing to ditch the show over...

After all it's still Stargate...

Now if they got rid of the Stargate's I'd stop watching...

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
          No offence, but why are people like this still here if they don't want to watch? Just to complain?

And this 'all of the changes' thing. 1 characterwwas replaced, and a new character was bought on (we don't know about Elizabeth yet, but as pics have proven she is still there). It's not as bad as some people try and make out. I would love to see some of these people watching Spooks or Prison Break, where people are killed off ALL the time.

Sorry, but I really just don't understand this.
          I am still here in the hope that things will improve. Is a fan someone who accepts any and all changes to a show as for the good? Is a fan only a fan if they shrug and say 'oh well, never mind' when the character they love best is killed off? Is a fan only a fan if they ignore the terrible way tptb have behaved towards some of thier cast? Is a fan only a fan if they can look beyond the soft reset of the show? I don't think the show needed a reset, soft or otherwise, does that make me less of a fan than someone who will watch no matter what happens on the show?

I won't watch a show, any show, if the characters I have watched and grown to love are constantly killed off, what is the point?

Sorry, but I really don't understand this.

As to this threads topic I prefer the more gentle type of April fools day joke.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason_Clement View Post

Yes, loosing the Stargtes may be a BIT too much lol. But Character changes happen all the time. The Weir 'reduction' thing, we know nothing about yet. We know she will still be around, because Joe Mallozzi has said that, with them not finishing the end of the season yet, they don't know how many she will be in. This says, too me, that she is still going to be around. And regarding Carson.. let's face it. He's a good character, but he wasn't exactly pivotal to the show. Or even used that often. As for Amanda, it has been said they were always planning to bring her over. If SG-1 had been cancelled when Atlantis began, it is possible that she could have been here for the whole three years. She has become one of the most recurring characters, appearing in all 3 seasons so far.

IMO, saying 'all these changes' is a bit of an overstatement. There have been 2 big ones, the replacement of Carson, and the introduction of Amanda to 70% of the season. Weir could go either way. We know she isn't getting killed off, and it looks like she will be around well into the second half of the season. It has also been said thaat she will be an important part of a major arc.

Comment

Hmm...let's see. One character gone perhaps never to be seen again, Ford. One character killed, Carson. One characters time greatly reduced, Weir. A new main character introduced, one I myself detest, Carter. The city moved to god knows where. A new enemy to be introduced. A new direction for the whole show, a soft reset. New showrunners. New writers.

No, not many changes there are there!
              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                I am still here in the hope that things will improve. Is a fan someone who accepts any and all changes to a show as for the good? Is a fan only a fan if they shrug and say 'oh well, never mind' when the character they love best is killed off? Is a fan only a fan if they ignore the terrible way tptb have behaved towards some of thier cast? Is a fan only a fan if they can look beyond the soft reset of the show? I don't think the show needed a reset, soft or otherwise, does that make me less of a fan than someone who will watch no matter what happens on the show?

I won't watch a show, any show, if the characters I have watched and grown to love are constantly killed off, what is the point?

Sorry, but I really don't understand this.

As to this threads topic I prefer the more gentle type of April fools day joke.
                Well, fair dos I guess. But you won't really know if it has improved, unless you watch it in the first place, and see what it is like.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii View Post
                  Well its April and i see an attempt to Fool here...
                  This had better be an april fool's joke, otherwise it just proves TPTB have no respect for the Atlantis cast.

Comment

Ohh comeee onnnnnnnn!!!!!!!
                    You're not fooling anyone here
                    sigpic
                    Banner made by Stef

Save the sexy female alien, save the SG-1

Comment

I think it's wonderful news! Between this and the announcement that Teal'c is gonna be in three eps instead of one, we've almost got the whole team back together! Yay!

Here's hoping it's true, because I'd just LOVE to see our favorite show continue, even on Atlantis!

Now, how about getting Vala to join up, too? Because wherever Daniel goes, Vala must follow, and I think she'd add a great new dimension to the show- and one that Atlantis desperately needs!

Comment

must be an april fools cos nothing is on his own website

Comment

LOL, as much as I'd like to have MS in Atlantis ( and why not add CB and BB in the mix ), SGA-2 ( which is supposed to start shooting in March 2010 ) will need AT ( well Atlantis is being cancelled as we speak ) ! Oh and RDA is likely to join to the cast of Stargate Universe along with Lexa Doig ( and yes Stargate Universe is the THIRD SERIES, not MGM's new official website ).

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            I think it's wonderful news! Between this and the announcement that Teal'c is gonna be in three eps instead of one, we've almost got the whole team back together! Yay!

Here's hoping it's true, because I'd just LOVE to see our favorite show continue, even on Atlantis!

Now, how about getting Vala to join up, too? Because wherever Daniel goes, Vala must follow, and I think she'd add a great new dimension to the show- and one that Atlantis desperately needs!
                            Who are you and what have you done with the real shadow?
                            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I wish it were true.

Let's see, is joining the cast, has confirmed a guest spot, shows up somewhat often, since he's the guy in charge of the expedition, and if came on board for a handful of eps........
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

I agree too... mostly

There's nothing wrong for ditching a show because you don't like what they're doing anymore, what I don't understand is the prejudice people have against season 4, their judging it before they've seen a single episode.

I'm a little concerned about some of the changes, but I'll make up my mind when I see the episodes, I won't make up my mind on spoilers and rumors
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X