This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith can't feed on Ronon???? Explain please... lol

Why do you want to see Ronon as a runner, all he did was run 24/7... But i recon they will do an episode like that someday and i would love to see a female runner. Beautiful but deadly. Like she lets herself be caught by a trap the team lays for her and they get to talk a bit. The Sheppard tries one of his moves and gets some butt kickin! lol Then Ronon goes after her for some reason and gets seperated from the rest of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
      Yeah it would be nice to see his arc connected in that kind of way. I love Ronon/Teyla scenes, I think they play off of each other really well so I'd also like to see that.

As well, I loved in Vengance
      Spoiler:
      when Ronon stood up to Sheppard about the whole retrovirus thing. It was nice to see him have is own voice in opposition to what the team was doing/did. And it wasn't just about killing or blowing something up. It was a very legitimate position. Hopefully we'll get more like that from Ronon.
      ITA. Ronon has so much potential to be explored. And he adds such an air of danger. You just don't quite know what he'll do in any given situation.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfrost View Post
        The Wraith can't feed on Ronon???? Explain please... lol
        It's just specualtion, lots of people assume that because the Wraith stopped feeding on Ronon, they must not be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          It's just specualtion, lots of people assume that because the Wraith stopped feeding on Ronon, they must not be able to.
          Another speculation is that because the Wraith didn't feed on him or 'couldn't' he might be a carrier of that chromosome introduced in Poisoing the Well.
          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd actually never thought of or heard the speculation that Ronon couldn't be fed on. That could open a whole new can of worms for the character to be sure. I always thought the wraith stopped because he sensed something in Ronon, a kind of great strength, impressive stamina, I don't know, anything like a quality that would make him a good candidate for a runner. The quality that allowed him to run for so many years and not be caught, the same quality that makes him a valuable part of Sheppards team. Though I do like the idea better that he can't be fed on. It's definitely got potential to lend itself to some interesting stories.

Wow, this character definitely has so many directions to grow, and he really works well with all of the others.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Hmm, that's interesting. I'd actually never thought of or heard the speculation that Ronon couldn't be fed on. That could open a whole new can of worms for the character to be sure. I always thought the wraith stopped because he sensed something in Ronon, a kind of great strength, impressive stamina, I don't know, anything like a quality that would make him a good candidate for a runner. The quality that allowed him to run for so many years and not be caught, the same quality that makes him a valuable part of Sheppards team. Though I do like the idea better that he can't be fed on. It's definitely got potential to lend itself to some interesting stories.

Wow, this character definitely has so many directions to grow, and he really works well with all of the others.

Your points are really good points, but I do want to expand on your last statement. Ronon and Teyla, I find are the enigma's on the team and the wild cards. Personally, I think they create the show just for the fact that these two have limitless storylines attached in regards with the PG and the fact they're both from the PG.

Don't get me wrong, John, McKay, Weir, play important roles and without the Atlantis Ex, we don't get to hear the stories behind Ronon and Teyla. But what makes it different is that S/M/W are outsiders creating enemies and of course then arises their conflict. Teyla and Ronon could have friends who just don't like the SGA Ex, but have their own ambitions in mind.

What ties Ronon and Teyla to the ex is mainly due to the fact that both of these characters despise all things wraith; further more they see the Atlantis Ex the closest thing to getting rid of the wraith. Of course John has gained both their trust, the Ex to an extent has garnered a certain part of their trust. But I stilll get the feelings that they may have other agendas we haven't heard of. Which would make sense...As see in Trinity both these characters are willing to hold secrets and what secrets they can hold and because it's due to an honour level amongst them within the PG---and the lawlessness of their society.

Atlantis my have it's laws---but the PG has another set, that the Atlantis Ex is not privy too---and these two characters are sole players to that law on the base.

It's going to be interesting if and when TPTB delves further into their story; and I'm always up for more Ronon--he's a plethora of emotional acting when he's given the chance. I can't get enough of JM's style---sensitive in an utterly masculine way!

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                Your points are really good points, but I do want to expand on your last statement. Ronon and Teyla, I find are the enigma's on the team and the wild cards. Personally, I think they create the show just for the fact that these two have limitless storylines attached in regards with the PG and the fact they're both from the PG.
                Great post. I definitely tend to agree with you on this point. At first glance I think that Teyla and Ronon seem deceptively simple. What I mean by that is their rolls seem farily straightforward. That is, Ronon as the fighter, the tough warrior and Teyla, the strong-willed beautiful "alien" leader. I think it's very simple for the writers to fall back on these characteristics in their presentation of the two. But, when you really look into the characters, you're absolutely right, there is a depth to them that none of the non-pegasus characters can claim.

Speaking just of Ronon, there is so much to his character that could be explored. And yes, I admit that at first I only saw Ronon as a 1-dimensional kick some butt character. But, the more they give him ...
                Spoiler:
                epeisodes like Sateda, his voice in Vengence, the desire to learn a little Science in First Strike
                ... the more complex and interesting he becomes. Not only does Ronon have an entire background to explore (that alone sets him a part and makes him interesting), but in a place like Atlantis surrounded by people who are drastically different from him (McKay, Zelenka etc) there's a lot of room to expand his character. Which works out well, not only for exploring Ronon, but for development of others because there is the potential for real give and take in terms of characters learning from each other.

*disclaimer - I am a Ronon/Teyla shipper* As such, I'm always interested in the relationship between the two characters. I wonder what would happen if they were to grow closer. What kind of affect would their growing relationship (even just a closer friendship) have on the other members of the expedition? Although they've fully integrated into Sheppard's team and into Atlantis they're both still, and will always be, outsiders. Simply because they're from Pegasus. Would Shep/McKay/Weir (whomever) just blindly accept their closeness or would their be a bit of tension created as the two outsiders bond together differently, or more closely than the milky way characters.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Roar~!!~ ford is better!

Comment

From Joe's blog:

Spoiler:
                    Lilywrites: “In Trinity we learned that there were other Satedan survivors. Will we see any more of them?”

Answer: Check out Reunion.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                      From Joe's blog:

Spoiler:
                      Lilywrites: “In Trinity we learned that there were other Satedan survivors. Will we see any more of them?”

I cant wait to see that
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        From Joe's blog:

Spoiler:

Hmm, sounds interesting to be sure. Hopefully it pans out into a good episode. If some of the arcs and things we've been hearing about lately work out well it seems that there is a lot to look forward to with season 4.

Comment

Great post. I definitely tend to agree with you on this point. At first glance I think that Teyla and Ronon seem deceptively simple. What I mean by that is their rolls seem farily straightforward. That is, Ronon as the fighter, the tough warrior and Teyla, the strong-willed beautiful "alien" leader. I think it's very simple for the writers to fall back on these characteristics in their presentation of the two. But, when you really look into the characters, you're absolutely right, there is a depth to them that none of the non-pegasus characters can claim.

Speaking just of Ronon, there is so much to his character that could be explored. And yes, I admit that at first I only saw Ronon as a 1-dimensional kick some butt character. But, the more they give him ...
                          Spoiler:
                          epeisodes like Sateda, his voice in Vengence, the desire to learn a little Science in First Strike
                          ... the more complex and interesting he becomes. Not only does Ronon have an entire background to explore (that alone sets him a part and makes him interesting), but in a place like Atlantis surrounded by people who are drastically different from him (McKay, Zelenka etc) there's a lot of room to expand his character. Which works out well, not only for exploring Ronon, but for development of others because there is the potential for real give and take in terms of characters learning from each other.

*disclaimer - I am a Ronon/Teyla shipper* As such, I'm always interested in the relationship between the two characters. I wonder what would happen if they were to grow closer. What kind of affect would their growing relationship (even just a closer friendship) have on the other members of the expedition? Although they've fully integrated into Sheppard's team and into Atlantis they're both still, and will always be, outsiders. Simply because they're from Pegasus. Would Shep/McKay/Weir (whomever) just blindly accept their closeness or would their be a bit of tension created as the two outsiders bond together differently, or more closely than the milky way characters.

So very true, I couldn't agree with you more on Ronon. These two characters do have a lot to bring to the show. There is so much one can watch of McKay/John high-jinx, if you know what I mean. One of my questions to JM, which unfortunately we might not see is that I would actually love to see Ronon---lead a rescue team and I would like to see how that meeting goes down on mapping the territory and how he manages the power levels of those under him.

Or another great one, is to see more of him teamed up with other members. I'd love to see him and Lorne working together, and I know Lorne will be in S4, based on what JM said in his blog about the episode shootings. Or maybe Ronon sharing a scene with Zelenka (not because of my crack-slash pairing of Zenon! ). I just think Ronon plays off the other characters very well, which makes him an intersting character. Further more, for a guy from Baywatch ( and I don't consider people on Baywatch really worth their stone besides David Hasselhoff (between him and Caruso and RDA I'm lost in a sea of panty-drop worthy men))---JM to me delivers a fantastic emotional performance. He can do intense emotion that is realistic for his character (despite the fact that it may not appear as such, initially). Hence the reason I love watching eps and rewatching eps with Ronon.

**I may be holding JM's ability in high regard, I don't want people to think that I find him a hottie, then in which lowers my review of his ability. Personally, I find JM too much of a pretty boy with dreds to get into him physically (although I may appreciate it). I have a thing against pretty boys, they pull more men than I ever could.

As for R/T, romantically. Now I'm not against the pairing---I like to think I'm allergic to them as a romantic pairing, but I love them as Brother/Sister. I still think that it will come out that they're in some way related ---ala Letters from Pegasus. I love seeing them onscreen, much like McShep (which was a pair I loved and still like reading about (romantically)---but as of late I like the friendship aspect more). So romantically--meh. But close familial bond---oh hell yeah. Plus she tends to treat him like a dog---she's always like 'Ronon!'. 'Ronon!' over and over again...I'm like Tey---calm down yo (she gets my ghetto side out). He just wants to play. There's something when she does it, that really bugs me. It's like you konw when you have a little cousin or brother who's a hellion---like I have a little cousin that everyone has nicknamed 'The Destroyer' he's 12, and he's still destroying. Anyway we're always screaming out his name like that. It just seems weird for a grown man to be in the same league as that little pest. Especially by a possible love interest. Otherwise---heck I might ship them. I still think Shep will go back to Chaya even though I'm totally J/T--and I have no problems with it.

As for a romantic tension build up on the team. I don't know how that would look. I mean I could see realistically they can't do anything about it. Meaning earth and their regs---becasue technically Ronon and Teyla don't abide by earth rules no matter what anyone else may think. They both choose to be there and were offered to be on the team. It wasn't as though they answer to Earth military dictates. Both characters also defy John and Teyla has done so periodically from the bloody beginning...which she even mentions to Ronon in Instinct. That being said---I don't really care what ever Earth rules John is bound to, Teyla or Ronon on his team do not answer to those rules and there by John's rules do not pertain to them. So if they are in that relationshp---Weir can respectfully ask them, based on our rules we see that as a possible conflict of interest---
                          Ronon and Teyla would then choose to either go on different teams or not, and Weir could force the intention with a threat that if they cannot abide by Alantis rules (ie. Earth rules) they'd have to leave---but then so would their services and the Atlantis Ex is already in a predicament.

If Teyla leaves, then those Athosians who work as guides in the other teams, which we've seen in other episodes (Conversion, The Lost Boys/The Hive, Coup D'Etats) would then leave with Teyla which would leave the Atlantis Ex at a serious predicament since really they dont' have that many Allies--or Allies without Teyla's negiotiating skills or connections. That being said, I don't think Weir would risk that use and would allow them to remain on the team---although I think Teyla would compromise, might persuade Ronon to follow suit (although I think unlikely; mainly because the team works as is).

Anyway it's an interesting predicaments---since I'm basing this on assumptions and assesments of the characters through the season---although surprises never ceases as to their reaction. Although both Ronon and Teyla are not bound by earth Rules, which is fact! Even said in Teyla's profile. So that being said, the decision would lie on really what Ronon and Teyla would do in that situation than what John/McKay/Weir would or could 'try' to do to them.

***Damn, I really love my Led sig. Praise the ground you walked on Led, you are the Gods of my world (well next to The Doors, Cream, Who, T-Rex, PF, The The...sigh) and the rulers of my soul. Long live true rock and roll!!

VB

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Chris View Post
                            Ronon is really cool in series 3 because in the episode 'sunday' sheppard is trying tto make him intereste in golf and he smacks a golf ball with a golf club whilst holding it one handed

cool or what
                            I think your really Cool for writing this Thread

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

As much as I will admit that my first reaction to Ronon was 'well dibble my dobble - there's a young man that just about encapsulates everything that is physically Good with this world... Gosh! *wipes steamy glasses*', I was very worried that he would turn out to just be that - a nice bit of catnip. Luckily, I was dead, dead wrong - he's also a fascinating character (reminds me a bit of a character I roleplay with, actually ). He's got flaws, which is something I really love in any character. It's a shame they never worked any real flaws into Teyla... I like Teyla, but that's kind of it. Ronon, though... he's another matter. There's a vulnerability to him that we've not really seen - it's not physical, and it's only just been hinted at via flashbacks, that talk he had with Sheppard and his reactions to finding out some of his people have survived - and that's something that I think might be interesting to explore; not, you kow, to turn him into an over-emotional fop (yeah, like that would happen...), but to see that deep down he's more than just a man-shaped weapon of mass destruction.
                              I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                              Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

I hope that if Ronan meets up with his people that they are actually Wraith worshippers would make things very interesting and the irony of his situation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X