Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Carter on SGA season 4 & 5 spoilers (positive discussion only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    Then they sould make one

*sulks*
    LOL Jumper One we think alike!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      LOL Jumper One we think alike!
      great minds think alike
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Then they sould make one

*sulks*
        Here, here!

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          I agree with the comments on the ribbons. On the other hand, maybe some ribbons just don't exist (like one for blowing up a sun).
          though I think this one might work:

Air Force Commendation Medal

This medal was authorized by the Secretary of the Air Force on March 28, 1958, for award to members of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving in any capacity with the Air Force after March 24, 1958, shall have distinguished themselves by meritorious achievement and service. The degree of merit must be distinctive, though it need not be unique. Acts of courage which do not involve the voluntary risk of life required for the Soldier's Medal (or the Airman's Medal now authorized for the Air Force) may be considered for the AFCM.....

An example of the citation that usually accompanies the award of the Air Force Commendation follows, "Captain Evans A. Kerrigan distinguished himself by meritorious service as Instructor Navigator and Standardization/Evaluation Instructor, KC-135, 509th Air Refueling Squadron, 509th Bombardment Wing, SAC, Pease Air Force Base, New Hampshire, February 19, 1984 to May 16, 1988. During this period, Captain Kerrigan's superior performance and outstanding dedication led to significant improvements in the unit's combat readiness, contributing immeasurably to the performance of its worldwide missions. The distinctive accomplishments of Captain Kerrigan reflect credit upon himself and the United States Air Force."

A bronze oak leaf cluster is awarded for each additional award of the AFCM. Award of the "V" device for a contingency deployment operation will be dependent upon the area of responsibility (AOR) being declared a hostile environment by the JCS, or hostile acts identified by the unified commander or higher authority. Award of the "V" device is authorized only for events or situations which occured on or after 11 Jan 1996.
          (from about.com)
          I think SAm should have several of these
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            though I think this one might work:

Air Force Commendation Medal

This medal was authorized by the Secretary of the Air Force on March 28, 1958, for award to members of the Armed Forces of the United States

**snip**

(from about.com)
            I think SAm should have several of these
            I agree she should but like you said they're probably not allowed to wear them in public. it's not just her, check out how Jack's uniform changes
            Spoiler:
            101 Children of the Gods

112 Fire and Water

209 Secrets

303 Fair Game

802 New Order Part 2

815 Citizen Joe

200 '200'

SGA 310 The Return Part 1

sigpic

Comment

enough of the Jack pics, this is the Sam thread so...
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                Spoiler:
                Can always rely on you, Jumper_One to bring this thread back on track. What some would do with words you do with a simple picture of the brilliant and beautiful Samantha Carter.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                  Can always rely on you, Jumper_One to bring this thread back on track. What some would do with words you do with a simple picture of the brilliant and beautiful Samantha Carter.
                  thanks yeah I'm not really good with words you know I really like that pic of Sam. granted she's not smiling but she seems happy and maybe a little proud, IDK... and I like that we can see some of her pictures in the background (Cassie, Daniel, S/J fishing, unfortunately not Jacob and Teal'c). and ITA with the bolded part
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree she should but like you said they're probably not allowed to wear them in public. it's not just her, check out how Jack's uniform changes
                    wow. it hasn't changed at all. i guess there's not much you can get when you work in something as mundane as deep space radar telemetry eh?

You know they got to have the highest award the air force dishes out like the Medal of Honor:

-"established by Congress on July 6, 1960, as the highest of several awards created specifically for the Air Force. It is given in the name of Congress to officers and enlisted members who distinguished themselves by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of their lives, above and beyond the call of duty, in action involving actual combat with an armed enemy (goauld, replicators, "Foothold" aliens, Ashrak, the Ori, Wraith, Assurans...etc etc) of the United States." (....and the earth/galaxy/galaxies. They should actually add a star for each time sg1 saved the earth from total annihilation...that'd be like what... > 10 times for sure.

I couldn't stand not knowing what all her ribbons were for so be warned, I'm getting my geek on. Also for anyone out there who wants something to read to go along with all the lovely Sam pics in this thread. lol
                    I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler:

The first one with the light blue and yellow stripes is the Airman's Medal "distinguished himself or herself by a heroic act, usually at the voluntary risk of his or her life but not involving actual combat. The saving of a life or the success of the voluntary heroic act is not essential. Do not award for normal performance of duties."

2nd: Meritorious Service Medal "who distinguishes themselves by either outstanding achievement or meritorious service to the United States. This award was established as the counterpart of the Bronze Star Medal for the recognition of meritorious noncombatant service."

3rd: Air Force Commendation Medal like jckfan said "shall have distinguished themselves by meritorious achievement and service. The degree of merit must be distinctive, though it need not be unique. Acts of courage which do not involve the voluntary risk of life required for the Soldier's Medal (or the Airman's Medal now authorized for the Air Force) may be considered for the AFCM."

4th: second row Air Force Achievement Medal "awarded to Air Force personnel for outstanding achievement or meritorious service rendered specifically on behalf of the Air Force. It may also be awarded for acts of courage lesser than for award of the Air Force Commendation Medal (AFCM)."

5th: Air Force Organizational Excellence Award " It is awarded to Air Force internal organizations that are entities within larger organizations. They are unique, unnumbered organizations or activities that perform functions normally performed by numbered wings, groups, squadrons, etc."

6th: National Defense Service Medal "or honorable active military service as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States including the Coast Guard, between June 27, 1950 and July 27, 1954, (Korean War period), between January 1, 1961 and August 14, 1974, (Vietnam War period), between 2 August 1990 to 30 November 1995 (Operations Dsert Shield/Storm period), and currently from 11 September 2001 to a date to be determined (Terrorism Attacks on the U.S.). Service members who earned the medal during the first qualifying period, and who again became entitled to the medal, wear a bronze star on the ribbon to denote the second award of the medal"

7th: 3rd row - Air Force Longevity Service Award "who complete four years of honorable active or reserve military service"

8th: Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon "expert in small-arms marksmanship with either the M-16 rifle or issue handgun. These rules will apply to the Air Force standard service small arms weapon selected. Qualifications as expert in both weapons after June 22, 1972, shall be denoted by a bronze service star worn on the ribbon."

9th: Air Force Training Ribbon. for completing training

you Go girl! you sure showed them.

Spoiler:
                    yup yup haha!

I still love this pic from the very first episode of SG1 and this kicka$$ carter pic from AoT

Spoiler:

sigpic

Sam Carter Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by bossluna View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      I just LOVE this picture of Sam! Such confidence and assurance in her abilities and place in the world shows on her face.

Thanks for the nice recap of Sam's ribbons. Not only should Sam have more individual ribbons, but there should also be campaign (three enemies-Go'auld, Replicators, Ori) and unit (SGC) awards as well. Not to mention possible non-earth awards from alien nations she has helped.

Comment

wow. it hasn't changed at all. i guess there's not much you can get when you work in something as mundane as deep space radar telemetry eh?

You know they got to have the highest award the air force dishes out like the Medal of Honor:

-"established by Congress on July 6, 1960, as the highest of several awards created specifically for the Air Force. It is given in the name of Congress to officers and enlisted members who distinguished themselves by gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of their lives, above and beyond the call of duty, in action involving actual combat with an armed enemy (goauld, replicators, "Foothold" aliens, Ashrak, the Ori, Wraith, Assurans...etc etc) of the United States." (....and the earth/galaxy/galaxies. They should actually add a star for each time sg1 saved the earth from total annihilation...that'd be like what... > 10 times for sure.

I couldn't stand not knowing what all her ribbons were for so be warned, I'm getting my geek on. Also for anyone out there who wants something to read to go along with all the lovely Sam pics in this thread. lol
                        I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler:

The first one with the light blue and yellow stripes is the Airman's Medal "distinguished himself or herself by a heroic act, usually at the voluntary risk of his or her life but not involving actual combat. The saving of a life or the success of the voluntary heroic act is not essential. Do not award for normal performance of duties."

2nd: Meritorious Service Medal "who distinguishes themselves by either outstanding achievement or meritorious service to the United States. This award was established as the counterpart of the Bronze Star Medal for the recognition of meritorious noncombatant service."

3rd: Air Force Commendation Medal like jckfan said "shall have distinguished themselves by meritorious achievement and service. The degree of merit must be distinctive, though it need not be unique. Acts of courage which do not involve the voluntary risk of life required for the Soldier's Medal (or the Airman's Medal now authorized for the Air Force) may be considered for the AFCM."

4th: second row Air Force Achievement Medal "awarded to Air Force personnel for outstanding achievement or meritorious service rendered specifically on behalf of the Air Force. It may also be awarded for acts of courage lesser than for award of the Air Force Commendation Medal (AFCM)."

5th: Air Force Organizational Excellence Award " It is awarded to Air Force internal organizations that are entities within larger organizations. They are unique, unnumbered organizations or activities that perform functions normally performed by numbered wings, groups, squadrons, etc."

6th: National Defense Service Medal "or honorable active military service as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States including the Coast Guard, between June 27, 1950 and July 27, 1954, (Korean War period), between January 1, 1961 and August 14, 1974, (Vietnam War period), between 2 August 1990 to 30 November 1995 (Operations Dsert Shield/Storm period), and currently from 11 September 2001 to a date to be determined (Terrorism Attacks on the U.S.). Service members who earned the medal during the first qualifying period, and who again became entitled to the medal, wear a bronze star on the ribbon to denote the second award of the medal"

7th: 3rd row - Air Force Longevity Service Award "who complete four years of honorable active or reserve military service"

8th: Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon "expert in small-arms marksmanship with either the M-16 rifle or issue handgun. These rules will apply to the Air Force standard service small arms weapon selected. Qualifications as expert in both weapons after June 22, 1972, shall be denoted by a bronze service star worn on the ribbon."

yup yup haha!

I still love this pic from the very first episode of SG1 and this kicka$$ carter pic from AoT

Spoiler:

It's a great pic but I prefer the one in desert camo. She has a killer look in her eyes that says "Don't mess with me!"

Spoiler:

And thanks for the info on Sam's ribbons. I always wanted to know what they mean, but didn't have the time to look 'em up.
                        sigpic

Comment

It's a great pic but I prefer the one in desert camo. She has a killer look in her eyes that says "Don't mess with me!"

Spoiler:

And thanks for the info on Sam's ribbons. I always wanted to know what they mean, but didn't have the time to look 'em up.
                          :O she does as well shes got a real bad-ass look to her :O i never notcied that
                          sigpic
                          [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOL

true but I think most members of SG teams have done heroic and important things. they can't all receive the Medal of Honor, Mitchell got it and personally I thought that was a mistake, he wasn't the only one in Antarctica. anyway...

I couldn't stand not knowing what all her ribbons were for so be warned, I'm getting my geek on.
                            don't worry I looked them up too

Also for anyone out there who wants something to read to go along with all the lovely Sam pics in this thread. lol
                            I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler:
                            I really like that pic, it reminds me of these
                            Spoiler:

Spoiler:

thanks for the recap

Spoiler:

yup yup haha!

Spoiler:

indeed

Originally posted by The.Road.Not.Taken View Post
                            :O she does as well shes got a real bad-ass look to her :O i never notcied that
                            Sam can kick my ass anytime
                            sigpic

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOL

true but I think most members of SG teams have done heroic and important things. they can't all receive the Medal of Honor, Mitchell got it and personally I thought that was a mistake, he wasn't the only one in Antarctica. anyway...

don't worry I looked them up too

I really like that pic, it reminds me of these
                              Spoiler:

thanks for the recap

indeed

Sam can kick my ass anytime

nice she a bit feirce it would hurt loads!!
                              sigpic
                              [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

[QUOTE=bossluna;7829375]wow. it hasn't changed at all. i guess there's not much you can get when you work in something as mundane as deep space radar telemetry eh?

I'll put it in spoilers.

Thanks for the info on the ribbons, very interesting.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X