Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Gateraid is from New Zealand (close enough)
    (pats Pajus) Well done on remembering. I'm impressed

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    No its not, that's like saying someones from Canada so its close enough to having an American. Sure we may claim all their talented celebrities/acheivers that first made their big break here, but it doesn't make them close enough lol.

Next thing you know you'll be saying that a South African is close enough lol.
    Sure, but Canada and America are quite different in culture compared to Aussie and New Zealand. And scenery wise, British Columbia at least is extremely similar to New Zealand. Just bigger. Apparently they say the same when they come here (just smaller though). Hey I'm just pleased when people from overseas have actually heard of New Zealand. Everyone knows about Australia

Have you seen Flight of the Concords? There is a great line in there when they get mistaken for Australians.

Just ducking in for an update (15 pages to scroll through). Have been reading Anuna's novel. It's really good. Am reading a chapter a day. And because my spidey sense only applies to tv, I have no idea how it ends. Same applies to Pajus's one.

Also, GMT + 13hrs

Dammit, gotta go to work now
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Sure, but Canada and America are quite different in culture compared to Aussie and New Zealand. And scenery wise, British Columbia at least is extremely similar to New Zealand. Just bigger. Apparently they say the same when they come here (just smaller though). Hey I'm just pleased when people from overseas have actually heard of New Zealand. Everyone knows about Australia
      Most people who saw LOTR realize the films were made there, and are awed by your country's physical beauty. Least I was. I've also heard you have great social services (retirement, health care), and the food is great because you don't pump everything full of steroids and unknown chemicals like in the States. Don't know if that's all true, just something I've heard from someone who visits there regularly.

Also, GMT + 13hrs
      Updated. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...307554,360&z=0
      I put a link to the map in my sig, under the spoiler tag. I'm not sure who all's viewing it, but it's gotten 100 views, last time I checked.

Comment

Nobody keeps mcbarr company . Hahaha, that is so funny

Comment

Just rewatched Adrift... Jason is just too funny, roaming around in the background when Sheppard is talking to Rodney at the end, pretending to have something to do while he's just literally in the way.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            Nobody keeps mcbarr company . Hahaha, that is so funny
            He's on an anti mission.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Just rewatched Adrift... Jason is just too funny, roaming around in the background when Sheppard is talking to Rodney at the end, pretending to have something to do while he's just literally in the way.
            Yeah. I did love Ronon's little moment with Weir, though, I got slightly misty-eyed.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
              I'm not in education, but I know a number of people who are, and I have yet to hear anything positive about what that bill has done. Have fun enduring the joys of state testing.

Good luck, Fionnait.

Hey, this will be the first Friday in awhile that I won't be watching SGA. That would've made me a bit bummed, if it was anything but this worst season ever.
              Dropping in to say good luck Fionnait and everybody else who has exams. *shudders*

I was in education and have a number of friends who still are and we all hate testing. School systems actually pressure teachers sometimes to teach to the test resulting in kids who don't know s**t. IMHO No Child Left Behind is a huge failure. I'm all for strict standards on grading. *gets out the ruler, pounds podium*

And a word on ratings. According to my paper, Ghost Hunters had a huge ratings increase. Maybe that pulled TLM up a bit considering all the SGA promos on SciFi last week. That and the fact that nothing new was on that night except crap.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Dropping in to say good luck Fionnait and everybody else who has exams. *shudders*

I was in education and have a number of friends who still are and we all hate testing. School systems actually pressure teachers sometimes to teach to the test resulting in kids who don't know s**t. IMHO No Child Left Behind is a huge failure. I'm all for strict standards on grading. *gets out the ruler, pounds podium*

And a word on ratings. According to my paper, Ghost Hunters had a huge ratings increase. Maybe that pulled TLM up a bit considering all the SGA promos on SciFi last week. That and the fact that nothing new was on that night except crap.
                Like I usually say - if you're sitting on the top of the pile of crap - it's still crap.

I'm in teaching. I'm worried that we teach kids so they could get good grades, and not learn. I always try to get them to learn stuff they could utilize later in life.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

S4 stinks in all languages:

Bengali - Season 4 ekdom bajay!
                  Croatian -
                  Czech - Ctvrta serie smrdi jako moje spinavy ponozky!
                  Dutch - Seizoen 4 stinkt zoals mijn sok!
                  English - Season 4 stinks like my sock!
                  French - La quatrième saison pue comme mes chaussettes!
                  German - Die vierte Staffel stinkt wie meine Socke!
                  Hindi - Season 4 ki gandhi honay laga!
                  Italian - La quarta stagione puzza come la mia calza!
                  Latin - Annus quartus tam malus quam calceamentum meum foetet!
                  Romanian - Sezonul patru pute ca si soseta mea!
                  Spanish - La cuarta temporada hiede como mi media.
                  Anuna - please fill out the Croatian version of "Season 4 stinks like my sock!" for us.

Comment

As you wish:

Croatian - Cetvrta sezona smrdi kao moja prljava carapa!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Come on people we need other languages in there . Anyone speak Egyptian? We need to translate that in Ancient or Goa'uld

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        Come on people we need other languages in there . Anyone speak Egyptian? We need to translate that in Ancient or Goa'uld
                        Ancient is basically Latin. Greek maybe... anyone know Ancient Greek?

Comment

Okay, then we need to write them in Goa'uld and Ancient

Comment

Maybe I can get my friend, who studies Old Irish, to translate it into old Irish. And maybe my flatmate for modern Irish, but I just moved in less than two weeks ago, don't want him to think I'm nuts right away.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              That's exactly the complaint that I've been hearing. And it's really distressing to teachers who went into the profession to, you know, teach critical life skills.

Speaking of problems with the American educational system, it's pretty bad at teaching languages other than English, so no help with the translation from me. Well, how about Pig Latin? Eason-say our-fay tinks-say ike-lay my ock-say.

Comment

S4 stinks in all languages:

Croatian - Cetvrta sezona smrdi kao moja prljava carapa!
                                Pig Latin - Eason-say our-fay tinks-say ike-lay my ock-say.

Comment

Working...
                                X