Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing Beckett was meant to shake things up, yes. BW & RCC were showrunners at the time, and JM didn't seem to agree with that. He has always been saying he wanted Carson back. The campaign was used, imho, for extra (free) attention.

The shake up didn't work ratingswise though.

And one more word about Teyla being replaced by other people and I'll scream. Or migrate. Possibly the latter.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Gee, season 5 does look like Atlantis Command - Phase II. What a MESS!

Who is this Captain Porter? Some sort of Carter lite? If they wanted to add someone new to the team, why not an established character like Cadman?

As it is, there's just too much randomness in this show for my taste... Even if Dr. Weir were still around, I honestly don't know if I would watch it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Killing Beckett was meant to shake things up, yes. BW & RCC were showrunners at the time, and JM didn't seem to agree with that. He has always been saying he wanted Carson back. The campaign was used, imho, for extra (free) attention.

The shake up didn't work ratingswise though.
        Some people are saying the same thing in the kindred thread. Who knows. Prehaps it's the same reason Elizabeth was removed.

Someone in that thread was getting rather agressive towards me and insisting that the ratings weren't affected, which is obviously incorrect.
        sigpic

Comment

NO one leave! Please?

It is turning out to be a mess. But ---- let's hope it's going to work out in the end. I don't think they will replace Teyla, I think they will add this other woman as a romantic interest for Shep. There ya go.

Larrin & Alison Porter will battle for Shep's affection. The winner will get to run their hands through teh!HAIR(tm).
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Gee, season 5 does look like Atlantis Command - Phase II. What a MESS!

Who is this Captain Porter? Some sort of Carter lite? If they wanted to add someone new to the team, why not an established character like Cadman?

As it is, there's just too much randomness in this show for my taste... Even if Dr. Weir were still around, I honestly don't know if I would watch it.
            They seem to be dumbing down the series by making everyone typical American military personnel. It said in the one of the S1 DVD extras that Elizabeth was chosen as they didn't want the military in change....but it is becoming more and more like SG1, like you said, like Atlantis command.
            sigpic

Comment

Larrin and Alison Porter mud wrestling in their skivvies after shoving their racks in Zelenka's face! Season 5 can't come soon enough for me!

I was so optimistic earlier this week.

Comment

You called?

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                  Larrin and Alison Porter mud wrestling in their skivvies after shoving their racks in Zelenka's face! Season 5 can't come soon enough for me!

I was so optimistic earlier this week.
                  ((hugss)) Mariel. It's OK. We will zat them away from Dr.Z.

I just want Monday to take away the madness and restore some sort of normalcy so I can go back to being my wishy washy anti/pro self.
                  sig made by me

Comment

I feel sick to my stomach.

Comment

You rang?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                        You rang?
                        Where have you been?! GW is going boom and you're slacking!!

*shakes old finger @ Integra*
                        sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                          ((hugss)) Mariel. It's OK. We will zat them away from Dr.Z.

I just want Monday to take away the madness and restore some sort of normalcy so I can go back to being my wishy washy anti/pro self.
                          LOL, yeah, let's stun them and toss them through the gate.

Me too, I just want some concrete info so I know what I have to fear/look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Where have you been?! GW is going boom and you're slacking!!

*shakes old finger @ Integra*
                            I went out clubbin on -5 degrees Celsius . Not very up to date with what is happening . Cliff notes?

Comment

Is it OK to post negative things about Season 5 here? If they can somehow be related to Season 4 maybe?
                              From recent experience I am getting the feeling that not too many negative things will be welcomed in the Season 5 zone, and I really don't want to piss off or offend too many people.

Comment

Welcome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X