Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
    One thing that still irks me to no end is that it sounds like they're going all out to promote Keller in the few episodes she has. Why couldn't they have done more with Carson before they killed him off? Let me guess--Keller's a young and beautiful piece of...er...eye-candy, for the boys' club to enjoy.

Can't tell I'm still bitter...and oh so anti S4!
    Well Carson didn't need all the hoopla, he became our favorite without any trying on tptb side.

One thing about Keller, and I am not an ageist in any way, she reminds me of Doogie Howser. Her voice is so pre pubescent! It sounds like it breaks every time she's panicked. I really enjoyed FireFly, but I could buy her as a child prodigy rather than head of the Atlantis medical.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
      One thing that still irks me to no end is that it sounds like they're going all out to promote Keller in the few episodes she has. Why couldn't they have done more with Carson before they killed him off? Let me guess--Keller's a young and beautiful piece of...er...eye-candy, for the boys' club to enjoy.

Can't tell I'm still bitter...and oh so anti S4!
      Exactly. Who needs our dear, sweet and kind scottish doctor with that great accent and endless compassion?

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
      Well Carson didn't need all the hoopla, he became our favorite without any trying on tptb side.

One thing about Keller, and I am not an ageist in any way, she reminds me of Doogie Howser. Her voice is so pre pubescent! It sounds like it breaks every time she's panicked. I really enjoyed FireFly, but I could buy her as a child prodigy rather than head of the Atlantis medical.
      Another amazing strong female figure for us to look up to, isn't she? Stay young and beautiful, girls!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        I feel a bit off about doing this. But I'm not happy with Traveler's , been worried for a while, the promo was not good for my misgivings. I'll watch it and hope it's a diamond in the rough, but the promo didn't help much----as a matter of fact it made things worse for me. I don't think I should have seen that. The ep is on my least wanting to see list. I only hope I'm surprised, but my views mainly belong here, because I agree with ToF, Larrin's comment wasn't cute or funny. It was crude and a major turn off. Keep in mind I was liking the character before all the promos came out showing glimpses.

**hope light is still burning for this ep, but not too bright at all. Actually a flickering flame in the midst of a Level III tornado.
        I agree. this ep is worrying as Larin will be in more than 1 ep. i think we can expect this kind of idiocy in all the eps shes in.

I was hoping that she would be in a non romantic capacity as apparently TPTB dont "ship" sheesh i was pissed of in 2 sec by this clip of travellers and the last one.

I have to say I have not as yet, seen one trailer or interview, which has in anyway changed my mind in the least about my concerns for season 4. if anything they have made things ten times worse.
        way to go promoting the show to those of us who dont think with parts of are anatomy that do not house our brains. i would have thought they would be targeting a wider audience after all the stuff theyve pulled. i know that the trailers will keep some groups happy but you would think they would try to retain the fans they had? alas it seems, for me not so much.

before i get flamed the bolded part is directed at that extremely over the top comment in travellers from Larin, and is not meant as an attack on other fans.
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

[QUOTE=Anuna;6980202]Exactly. Who needs our dear, sweet and kind scottish doctor with that great accent and endless compassion?

Another amazing strong female figure for us to look up to, isn't she? Stay young and beautiful, girls![/QUOTE]

id love to i just cant afford to - when the sagging starts ill just have to buy minature scaffold. lol
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            ... Stay young and beautiful, girls!
            *lol* ... too late... Young... I guess, but beautiful, hmmmm. And then maybe ending up as a "Keller" like a Seven Of Nine for less. Hmmm, no thanks. I prefer my favorite Scottish Doc.

(I have nothing against the actress, I don't even know her, I just don't like the way that her character is forced upon us...)

But Joseph Mallozzi likes her and Carter. In his blog, he wrote that if there is a season 5, he would like to have Carter and Keller in it... :-(
            sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
            Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

If there is a season 5, let's hope he's not in it then.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I agree with you. And I'm a little ashamed to admit that I actually liked that scene at first, just 'cause I wasn't thinking about how crude that line actually was. I enjoy banter, and I'd like to see Shep interact with a woman that would kind of irritate him/drive him crazy. And I did love Shep's irritated response. But the more I think about it, the more I think, yeah, that was just too crude. They took it too far with that. I hope it's not all like that.
                I guess what I'd really rather see is some banter and snark that's actually witty. Going for the comment about Shep's *cough* performance is just cheap, juvenile, simplistic writing. It's something I would expect from second-rate network sitcoms, which is one of the reasons I don't watch said shows. I know I should expect better from Atlantis, but then I remember the Irr Saga.

I also have no good reason why Carson was replaced for Keller. If he was killed off to shake things up, then why didn't they show any aftermath in later episodes? Why did what happened to Carson only get one line, only when his replacement showed up, and apparently only because Torri pushed for adding such a line? IMO, the shake up failed because TPTB didn't want to pursue and develop it.

I also don't see how Jewel, or anyone else from Firefly for that matter, can bring in that many Firefly fans. I imagine many Firefly fans are watching Atlantis now anyway, so any increase in viewership would be minimal.

I can't see what Keller can offer (in terms of storylines anyway) that Carson couldn't. Unless TPTB are planning on shipping her with a male cast member. In that case, no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  I guess what I'd really rather see is some banter and snark that's actually witty. Going for the comment about Shep's *cough* performance is just cheap, juvenile, simplistic writing. It's something I would expect from second-rate network sitcoms, which is one of the reasons I don't watch said shows. I know I should expect better from Atlantis, but then I remember the Irr Saga.

I also have no good reason why Carson was replaced for Keller. If he was killed off to shake things up, then why didn't they show any aftermath in later episodes? Why did what happened to Carson only get one line, only when his replacement showed up, and apparently only because Torri pushed for adding such a line? IMO, the shake up failed because TPTB didn't want to pursue and develop it.

I also don't see how Jewel, or anyone else from Firefly for that matter, can bring in that many Firefly fans. I imagine many Firefly fans are watching Atlantis now anyway, so any increase in viewership would be minimal.

I can't see what Keller can offer (in terms of storylines anyway) that Carson couldn't. Unless TPTB are planning on shipping her with a male cast member. In that case, no thanks.
                  Word. (alright did I just date myself with that? )

The whole Larrin thing - can we not have one alien female who immediately doesn't try to get into Shep's pants or vice versa? I mean don't get me wrong, I drool often when Shep's on screen; but come on now. Not all attractive people are attracted to one another. Then everyone would be sleeping with everyone else.

Wait, they are turning SGA into soaps, so this might be the new direction.

It was so sad how they looked over Carson, like he was not an integral part of their mission. Not one moment past "Sunday" did they spend on him. It was like, oh he's just gone on vacation, will be back next week. WTF?

Alright I was a Firefly fan, after I was a SGA fan. Keller's character from Firefly would not be the reason for me to watch SGA. Please.
                  There were many more versatile characters on that show, than Kaylee (sp).
                  I do believe they will try to ship her with someone - but even for pro-season 4 people, don't get too comfortable, because if it's not the direction tptb wants to swing it, they might just yank all of it.

How about we give Sam & Keller their very own show - in a galaxy far far (far to the power infinity -- very juvenile I know) away. Even their own ship. They can solve all of humanity's problems.

I am experiencing mood swings, because of this darn show.
                  sig made by me

Comment

whenever TPTB try to make a new character work, it doesn't
                    and when they don't, it works

maybe they should stop trying so hard

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

agreed!
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        Word. (alright did I just date myself with that? )

The whole Larrin thing - can we not have one alien female who immediately doesn't try to get into Shep's pants or vice versa? I mean don't get me wrong, I drool often when Shep's on screen; but come on now. Not all attractive people are attracted to one another. Then everyone would be sleeping with everyone else.

Wait, they are turning SGA into soaps, so this might be the new direction.
                        Exactly what I was saying. They are making a soap suitable for teenage boys. Their hero should get all the girls, why are you surprised? IMO all this kirking thing is dumbing Shep down. It doesn't do him any good. I'd like to see some real character development, but I doubt they can go beyond that coin tossing scene we saw in show pilot. All that there is to know you can see in that single scene.

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

You said it! Paraphrazing Pink Floyd: "tptb leave characters alone!"

Comment

Well, well,well. You take the morning off to bake brownies and all h-e-double toothpicks breaks loose. I'm at the point where all this is just making me ROTFLMAO.

Didn't I say just recently that when S4 actually airs we'll learn that a lot of people agree with us. Or words to that effect? Senior moment...not responsible. Anyway, it looks like it didn't take that long.

Everyone's concerns are valid of course because we are all anti for different reasons. It's good to see some new people joining us. It looks like the last group of spoilers, interviews and clips have served to finish inflaming those who were heretofore uninflamed.

Pull up a section of the couch. I have Scotch, and I'm sure someone has made a pitcher of margaritas by now. Diet Pepsi for all those who choose not to imbibe adult beverages. Cheers!!
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Pull up a section of the couch. I have Scotch, and I'm sure someone has made a pitcher of margaritas by now. Diet Pepsi for all those who choose not to imbibe adult beverages. Cheers!!
                            I'll sit on one end, with my newly borrowed barf bucket thanks to a certain interview.

Comment

Scotch for me please, and I'll do all the neck rubbing necessary!!! Yup, SR, you were right all along. I'm wondering when that city will eventually sink. Again.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Scotch for me please, and I'll do all the neck rubbing necessary!!! Yup, SR, you were right all along. I'm wondering when that city will eventually sink. Again.
                                "It's a city, not a yoyo." They're in space ATM, so it may take a while before they find another ocean.

Comment

Working...
                                X