Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
    Mallozzi has admitted to not watching the show on TV. After working on it day after day, they all get sick of it. I've read where some of the others. . even some actors, don't watch the final product on TV. So, they aren't seeing or feeling what the television audience is getting. Sorta like not seeing the forest through the trees. They truly don't know what all the fuss is about.
    So could it mean that it could go down to the point where they may get sick of writing for SGA?
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      I guess TPTB really don't think SGA can stand on its own. Why else would they bring in Carter for a whopping 14 episodes next season? They must assume viewers tune in to SGA only because its on after SG1. (You know . . . all those casual viewers who are mindless drones and will watch pretty much anything rather than change the channel. )
      LOL! Exactly. And those mindless drones are already watching Atlantis, they're of not much use to TPTB, they're not gonna improve the ratings. The majority of SG-1 fans know Atlantis, if they wanted to watch it then they'd already be doing so, would the mere presence of Carter really convert those who've been unbelievers so far?

The funny thing is, from what I've read, it appears that the ratings for SGA were actually more consistent than those for SG1 during the first part of the current season. If that's true, then it speaks to a pretty loyal viewership for SGA. Maybe we watch because we actually like the show. Seems nobody thought of that reason.
      Yeah, Atlantis's ratings were quite steady while SG-1's not so much, there were ups and downs for various episodes. And now they're risking losing those loyal Atlantis viewers who loved it as it was... really seems to me they don't think much of SGA to change it to the degree they're doing it.

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      So could it mean that it could go down to the point where they may get sick of writing for SGA?
      Even Mallozzi said that he loves the writing he's done for SG-1 most. I think Gero and Binder (also Ken Cuperus bit he's gone) are the only writers who enjoy writng Atlantis. The rest see themselves primarily as writers for SG-1 and probably do Atlantis now and then because somebody tells them to or something.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        It's a closely guarded secret.

On the one hand, "closely guarded" usually means it'll piss the hell outta fandom, but on the other hand I don't think TPTB care about pissing off fandom, so why bother? The truth will out, eventually.
        true enough
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          Well, we know that she'll be in 4 episodes in the first half of season 4. The number is ridiculously small so far. I mean she was one of the main characters, the leader in the previous season and now she'll be in what? 6 episodes? Total speculation there, they must give her more! Hell even Zelenka (who I love) will be in like at least 10 episodes if not more (unless that won't be the case because of Carter), as he has been in the previous seasons. Still can't get over the fact that they'd do this to the leader, one of the most important characters, it's unheard of for me, I can't get over it... how could they think it will be a good thing....
          its totally sad

I watched last night, though to be honest, I forgot it was on and only remembered about ten minutes into the episode . . . which never happened before. Actually, I'd already "unofficially" seen some of Part 2, so I was not totally unspoiled. But considering how anxious I was to see the conclusion just a few months ago, my lack of interest amazed even me.
          yeah i totally get that still haven't watched my season 2 dvds ((hugs))

I mentioned in the episode thread that there were so many O'Neill/Woolsey moments, I felt like the SGA team were actually the guest stars in their own series. I know its heresy around here, but I never watched SG1 and I never cared for RDA . . . not as McGyver and not even back in his soap days. There, I've said it. LOL.
          i respect RDA but yeah totally agree 100% atlantis guys seemed barely in it

Anyway, knowing what is to come just takes the joy out of watching the current episodes even though Elizabeth and Carson are still around.
          Borg... we are of one mind

Why can't they keep the two shows separate? They really should concentrate on the existing Atlantis characters. I never cared for RDA either, I can stand him but I'd rather not have any of SG-1 characters as regulars on Atlantis.
          again i respect rda but yeah totally agree..

Hear ya! I watched it today as well on my pc.
          Spoiler:
          Watching the last scene with Elizabeth and Jack and seeing how incredibly happy she was when Jack told her she and the rest can stay in Atlantis (he even got a wonderful hug for that!),
          I couldn't help but think what a shame they're doing that with Liz, she would never resign and/or leave Atlantis, not in million years, it's her life.
          man so agree i thought that was such a lovely moment... Liz was so genuine

I guess TPTB really don't think SGA can stand on its own. Why else would they bring in Carter for a whopping 14 episodes next season? They must assume viewers tune in to SGA only because its on after SG1. (You know . . . all those casual viewers who are mindless drones and will watch pretty much anything rather than change the channel. )

The funny thing is, from what I've read, it appears that the ratings for SGA were actually more consistent than those for SG1 during the first part of the current season. If that's true, then it speaks to a pretty loyal viewership for SGA. Maybe we watch because we actually like the show. Seems nobody thought of that reason.
          the irony is not lost on me.. man, its all ridiculous
          Last edited by parisindy; 15 April 2007, 10:29 AM.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Even Mallozzi said that he loves the writing he's done for SG-1 most. I think Gero and Binder (also Ken Cuperus bit he's gone) are the only writers who enjoy writng Atlantis. The rest see themselves primarily as writers for SG-1 and probably do Atlantis now and then because somebody tells them to or something.
            Maybe someone should start a "Save Ken Cuperus" thread...
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                Maybe someone should start a "Save Ken Cuperus" thread...
                Why not. *lol* There's one for every character, even for certain Wraith.

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
                  http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f238/ErisedW/howtokillashow.jpg[/img]
                  OMG! HAHAHAHAHAHA

darnit i spewed my drink hehehehehehehe
                  Spoiler:

Comment

That certainly woke me up. *ROTFLMAO*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Why did you give him a PhD though? He's more suited to a "Bachelor of Science" degree. *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Why did you give him a PhD though? He's more suited to a "Bachelor of Science" degree. *cough*
                        That's just what he's full of.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          But he's pro at killing tv shows

Comment

I guess TPTB really don't think SGA can stand on its own.
                            Atlantis could survive just great if all seasons were like season 1.. But nooo... Let's make men sluts and make funny rape episodes and on top of that, make the leaders looks like complete fools for doing experiments on their prisoners...

Why else would they bring in Carter for a whopping 14 episodes next season?
                            They realized they screwed up big and think that this will fix it. Ha! kiss my arse, TPTB.

They must assume viewers tune in to SGA only because its on after SG1. (You know . . . all those casual viewers who are mindless drones and will watch pretty much anything rather than change the channel. )
                            Well we are, after all, the shrill and ill-informed lemmings

But then SG-1 got canceled. We can't let SG-1 go! No way! It's been around for 10 seasons! How can we possibly let it go? We have to fool the SciFi channel and make Atlantis SG-1...

Comment

I find it amusing that Joe is trying to insist that the numbers for SG-1 and the numbers for Atlantis average out to the same thing when SG-1 fell behind Atlantis. Guess he doesn't want to admit that Atlantis might actually be better (or more liked) than SG-1. ...Probably because they're working hard to make Atlantis into SG-1.

Way to go, boys: turn a winning formula into a losing one!

And when the ratings fall... it'll be our fault for not accepting the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                                I find it amusing that Joe is trying to insist that the numbers for SG-1 and the numbers for Atlantis average out to the same thing when SG-1 fell behind Atlantis. Guess he doesn't want to admit that Atlantis might actually be better (or more liked) than SG-1. ...Probably because they're working hard to make Atlantis into SG-1.
                                I agree. SGA's numbers have been quite superior than SG-1's in every aspect. Transforming SGA into SG-1 will only turn off the viewers who watched SGA and didn't watch SG-1 for whatever reason.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X