Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    I've made it:

Link

Hopefully it could help ease tentions... or something lol
    I'm very glad you decided to come in here and that you consider us to be reasonable. I wish the rest of fandom would come and visit and see what we're really like. But like other groups that have been universally condemned for a few members that behave rudely, we have all been categorized as being angry and unreasonable. I posted on your new thread and so far it seems to be going well. Being a little bit on the cynical side, I fear for its longevity when certain known agitators show up and somehow manage to turn it into yet another chance to cause trouble and blame it on someone else.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    I don't know know i am still as annoyed as hell about the whole paul/torri thing, never mind my full on hate for the characters Keller and Sam and Ellis

but its why i stay here, i am so tired of getting my butt kicked for being emotional. I mean heaven forbid i actually care about the show and the characters.

as for what i think will be good about season 4...absolutely nothing...its going to be crap

i thought i was getting over it you know..then i was watching some of season 2 and the extra's with martin gero doing his gag thing...(which was totally not funny) ..and at one point when they are in the infirmary, you can see paul and torri in the back ground and she leans over and gives him a quick smooch....

man i nearly started crying... it was just so sweet and so cute! Damn i'm going to miss my show.
    I'm not as anti as you generally, but I agree totally with that part in bold. Getting told to let it go on a daily basis, being accused of sour grapes and trying to spoil the fun of all the hordes who think S4 will just be the greatest television season ever written is wearing a bit thin. Everyone here has at least one complaint about the things they have heard that are coming up and wants to talk about their misgivings with likeminded people. That seems to be okay, even encouraged, for the giddy pro people who swallow the Kool Aid (I typed "kook" twice.lol) and refuse to see that maybe TPTB are spinning the usual hype. Maybe the new season won't be as bad as some of us think, but I seriously doubt it will meet the expectations of the squeeers either.

What it all boils down to with me is that if Elizabeth is gone, I will hate whatever they do. That's an emotional reaction, and I don't have to justify it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      What it all boils down to with me is that if Elizabeth is gone, I will hate whatever they do. That's an emotional reaction, and I don't have to justify it.
      My sentiments exactly (almost), except that I don't know that I can even watch the episodes Elizabeth does appear in. I feel that disenfranchised. And if Carter appears in them also, it will be like pouring salt into an open wound.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm very glad you decided to come in here and that you consider us to be reasonable. I wish the rest of fandom would come and visit and see what we're really like. But like other groups that have been universally condemned for a few members that behave rudely, we have all been categorized as being angry and unreasonable. I posted on your new thread and so far it seems to be going well. Being a little bit on the cynical side, I fear for its longevity when certain known agitators show up and somehow manage to turn it into yet another chance to cause trouble and blame it on someone else.

I'm not as anti as you generally, but I agree totally with that part in bold. Getting told to let it go on a daily basis, being accused of sour grapes and trying to spoil the fun of all the hordes who think S4 will just be the greatest television season ever written is wearing a bit thin. Everyone here has at least one complaint about the things they have heard that are coming up and wants to talk about their misgivings with likeminded people. That seems to be okay, even encouraged, for the giddy pro people who swallow the Kool Aid (I typed "kook" twice.lol) and refuse to see that maybe TPTB are spinning the usual hype. Maybe the new season won't be as bad as some of us think, but I seriously doubt it will meet the expectations of the squeeers either.

I agree with both you and parisindy. Maybe S4 will be great for some folks; maybe fans will love Carter and Keller, but I'm so disappointed at the loss of my favorite characters (Beckett and Weir) that no matter what they do now, I feel I've lost "my" show.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            Me too. They made Torri recurring (or better: gone from the show) and made all these other changes and the show ended for me. I can no longer ever enjoy it as I used to even if they undid all the changes in season 5, which I'm sure they won't btw. Even if they did bring her back full time, all the other characters will be a lot more developed, they would have gone through a lot more than her, she wasn't with them, how could she catch up?

I'm terribly disappointed by the attitude of the Stargate TPTB. They're plain awful.
            Last edited by Celcool; 17 August 2007, 06:42 AM.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Thanks Sadly their are fans from both sides that let us down. It is, afterall, just a show, and if people can't talk to eachother calmly about it, then...

I never thought I would be able to talk to antis in a calm conversation a few month's ago, but now I realise that we are all just people, and this should be a place to debate with each other calmly regarding the show and put accross what we like and dislike in a way devoid of *****iness, and not just down right arguing with people and denying them their opinions, if you get what I'm saying.

Comment

Thanks Sadly their are fans from both sides that let us down. It is, afterall, just a show, and if people can't talk to eachother calmly about it, then...

I never thought I would be able to talk to antis in a calm conversation a few month's ago, but now I realise that we are all just people, and this should be a place to debate with each other calmly regarding the show and put accross what we like and dislike in a way devoid of *****iness, and not just down right arguing with people and denying them their opinions, if you get what I'm saying.
                I definitely get what you're saying. I have been a debater all my life. I love a good argument. I have friends from the extreme other end of the political spectrum that I have wonderful rousing arguments with. We call each other things like "gutless liberal" and " meanspirited conservative" and still go out to eat and have fun. But on here when you are talking about things a lot less important than the direction in which you want your country to go, we can't even seem to express our opinion without getting into fights. It seems more personal than a good debate between people who actually know each other. I'm baffled by that.

I'm also baffled by people with no sense of humor who get offended by a little ribbing. I mean, sheesh, I'm a psycho shipper and proud of it. Tell me how crazy I am, I'll just analyze the eyesex some more and prove it. It's all for fun. It's a tv show. These characters aren't real. I mean the whole direction of S4 was determined by the real life situation of an actress. How realistic is that? Who knows which group would be excited now if that hadn't happened. LOL.

I think most of us here in the anti thread are more relaxed because at this point we don't have much to lose. To paraphrase Tolkien, we've lost our favorite characters, our ship and our way. Not speaking for everyone here, of course.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                  Wonderful post, sums up just how I feel about the whole thing too.

yeah i pretty much agree with all of that especially the last bit for sure! You know despite my bitterness, i hope my friends who still like the show are happy with it... for me i would like to see it gone, i am a bit torn on that i guess

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                  My sentiments exactly (almost), except that I don't know that I can even watch the episodes Elizabeth does appear in. I feel that disenfranchised. And if Carter appears in them also, it will be like pouring salt into an open wound.
                  BORG BORG BORG!!

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                  I agree with both you and parisindy. Maybe S4 will be great for some folks; maybe fans will love Carter and Keller, but I'm so disappointed at the loss of my favorite characters (Beckett and Weir) that no matter what they do now, I feel I've lost "my" show.
                  Borg again!

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I definitely get what you're saying. I have been a debater all my life. I love a good argument. <snip>[/SIZE]
                    see i hate arguing ... i guess because i am not confident in myself so i always feel attacked when that happens. Its why i like it here...

we can discuss things and even if we don't agree i don't feel attacked.

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      Things have quieted down in the last couple of weeks.
                      I've noticed a couple people haven't been around the season 4 threads recently. Interesting how things calmed down immediately after they disappeared.

We'll see how fast it takes arguments to start up once "they" return.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        I've noticed a couple people haven't been around the season 4 threads recently. Interesting how things calmed down immediately after they disappeared.

They're not gone, just laying low. Gathering ammo to attack certain scenes in Adrift. In fact I'm willing to bet I could write out their complaints now and save them the time. Don't mod me. I'm sure whatever happens will be Weir's fault somehow.

I must admit closing that other Weir discussion thread did wonders. Thanks Mods. Nothing to see here.
                        sigpic

Comment

I definitely get what you're saying. I have been a debater all my life. I love a good argument. I have friends from the extreme other end of the political spectrum that I have wonderful rousing arguments with.
                          Exactly. Debating the stuff CAN be fun, interesting and innocent. It's just a few people from both sides lack the ability to recognise that... It's a shame really. This would be a much better place without the horrible arguing, and somewhere where people could disagree with eachother and talk stuff through, but at the end of the day laugh about all of that and move onto something else as opposed to going in hissy fits.

Ah well, maybe one day lol

Comment

Exactly. Debating the stuff CAN be fun, interesting and innocent. It's just a few people from both sides lack the ability to recognise that... It's a shame really. This would be a much better place without the horrible arguing, and somewhere where people could disagree with eachother and talk stuff through, but at the end of the day laugh about all of that and move onto something else as opposed to going in hissy fits.

Ah well, maybe one day lol
                            for me arguing and debating are the exact same thing
                            Spoiler:

Comment

It's emotion. It doesn't have to be rational or right (and who is supposed to judge if your emotional reactions are right or wrong?). It simply is (there). I feel the same. They ditch Elizabeth and I'll do the same with the show. Very "rational", I know. hey don't hate me. I'm an emotional being.

I definitely get what you're saying. I have been a debater all my life. I love a good argument. I have friends from the extreme other end of the political spectrum that I have wonderful rousing arguments with. We call each other things like "gutless liberal" and " meanspirited conservative" and still go out to eat and have fun. But on here when you are talking about things a lot less important than the direction in which you want your country to go, we can't even seem to express our opinion without getting into fights. It seems more personal than a good debate between people who actually know each other. I'm baffled by that.

I'm also baffled by people with no sense of humor who get offended by a little ribbing. I mean, sheesh, I'm a psycho shipper and proud of it. Tell me how crazy I am, I'll just analyze the eyesex some more and prove it. It's all for fun. It's a tv show. These characters aren't real. I mean the whole direction of S4 was determined by the real life situation of an actress. How realistic is that? Who knows which group would be excited now if that hadn't happened. LOL.

I think most of us here in the anti thread are more relaxed because at this point we don't have much to lose. To paraphrase Tolkien, we've lost our favorite characters, our ship and our way. Not speaking for everyone here, of course.
                              Well the ship (we are talking 'bout the same ship here) may be gone from the TV screen, but what I realized few days ago is that we don't have to lose interest in that particular ship. What i mean is that I won't let S4 and whatever happens to kill my fun, as long as i want to have fun. Period.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

Oooh! Are you reffering to me? *kidding* I was too happy about RL stuff so I wasn't feeling so anti as usual. Missed me? Here i am again! Be very afraid!!!

They're not gone, just laying low. Gathering ammo to attack certain scenes in Adrift. In fact I'm willing to bet I could write out their complaints now and save them the time. Don't mod me. I'm sure whatever happens will be Weir's fault somehow.

I must admit closing that other Weir discussion thread did wonders. Thanks Mods. Nothing to see here.
                              Of course it will be her fault. And I'll love her for that even more. She is the best character of this show. *nods*
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                <snip> I was too happy about RL stuff so I wasn't feeling so anti as usual. Missed me? Here i am again! Be very afraid!!!
                                <snip>
                                ooo good news! thats a good thing...anything you want to share i think i could use some cheer right about now
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X