Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
    I got red
    What happened?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      What happened?
      I wrote my reasons why I won't byu AoT many times and after few days, some ass found one of my negative posts about AoT

You should buy AoT anyway, just to support it because you downloaded it ILLEGALLY!
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Right...

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          You hear a lot of Southern on The Closer, Brenda Leigh Johnson is a Southern lady, then you have Sawyer from Lost but I'd say his accent is a lot milder than Brenda's. I think he sounded most Southern in season 1, loved it! I can still hear him. hehe
          True. Most of the time Southern accents on TV and in movies are dreadfully over done. I usually just cringe. Sawyer and Brenda are great examples of good accents. I don't know if his is real, but she has a great coach. I'm from North Carolina and most of the people I know sound like Ben Browder and Jill Wagner. (Sorry, I guess the accent is what made me like her. ) There are dozens of Southern accents, but you usually have to be from the South to tell the difference. It gets stronger the deeper into the South you go, and Texas is another whole story. It also has a lot to do with vocabulary and expressions you use. The guy who plays Brenda's dad, Barry Corbin, is from Texas and has retained his accent though he plays it up at times. Her mama, Frances Sternhagen, is a bit too Scarlett O'Hara.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You hear a lot of Southern on The Closer, Brenda Leigh Johnson is a Southern lady, then you have Sawyer from Lost but I'd say his accent is a lot milder than Brenda's. I think he sounded most Southern in season 1, loved it! I can still hear him. hehe
            I haven't seen those shows yet, but yeah, there are definitely some Southern accents on TV, just not a great many. Reba McEntire also has her own show and she has a Southern accent.

We already did...

Spoiler:
            That is one extremely frightening ship. No way would I sail on it, I'd jump overboard and take my chances with the sharks.

Comment

We already did...

Spoiler:

You should make Carson, Elizabeth etc. in the ocean. And let's not forget Sam the Whale.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                You should make Carson, Elizabeth etc. in the ocean. And let's not forget Sam the Whale.
                I'll create a completely new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  True. Most of the time Southern accents on TV and in movies are dreadfully over done. I usually just cringe. Sawyer and Brenda are great examples of good accents. I don't know if his is real, but she has a great coach. I'm from North Carolina and most of the people I know sound like Ben Browder and Jill Wagner. (Sorry, I guess the accent is what made me like her. ) There are dozens of Southern accents, but you usually have to be from the South to tell the difference. It gets stronger the deeper into the South you go, and Texas is another whole story. It also has a lot to do with vocabulary and expressions you use. The guy who plays Brenda's dad, Barry Corbin, is from Texas and has retained his accent though he plays it up at times. Her mama, Frances Sternhagen, is a bit too Scarlett O'Hara.
                  Sawyer's is real, the actor is from the South, I know that they let him keep the accent in the very beginning so he wouldn't sound weird trying to sound proper. lol Sawyer became Southern because Josh Holloway was.

It took me a little while to get used to Brenda's, have to say. I think Kyra kinda overdid it in season 2, I guess she was trying too hard. But hey, I'm certainly not an expert... Yup, it's also in the vocabulary, they use different Southern expressions on The Closer, Brenda does, it's James Duff's doing . My current favorite is "You matter to me about as much as a June bug in July." I don't remember Sawyer ever saying anything like that, he has his nicknames but those aren't specifically a Southern thing. Have to say that I was wondering if Frances Sternhagen was actually Southern or not, I think not but I really wanna know. I figured Barry Corbin was because it couldn't be a coincidence he talked Southern when he was guest-starring on Ellen too.

Now we know the real reason you like Larrin.

@FH: Congrats on 9000 posts!!!
                  Last edited by Celcool; 16 March 2008, 10:48 AM.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Congrats on 9000, Falcon!
                    sigpic

Comment

*scrolls back up*

Oh look, 9000...

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                        I haven't seen those shows yet, but yeah, there are definitely some Southern accents on TV, just not a great many. Reba McEntire also has her own show and she has a Southern accent.
                        You should totally give The Closer a chance. I highly recommend it. All the characters are treated with respect there, their motto is "character first". You also have intelligent writing, emotional stuff, interesting plots and a sweetheart of a Brenda's love interest, Fritz. Have to mention him. *g* Brenda is a fascinating character with all her complexities, she's brilliant on the work front but is a mess in her personal life, for example, she has a sugar addiction. Season 4 starts on TNT in July, most likely July 7. This show is giving me everything SGA isn't capable of. I hope season 4 remains of the same quality as previous seasons. hm I think TNT should hire me as a member of their marketing team. LOL
                        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Sawyer's is real, the actor is from the South, I know that they let him keep the accent in the very beginning so he wouldn't sound weird trying to sound proper. lol Sawyer became Southern because Josh Holloway was.

It took me a little while to get used to Brenda's, have to say. I think Kyra kinda overdid it in season 2, I guess she was trying too hard. But hey, I'm certainly not an expert... Yup, it's also in the vocabulary, they use different Southern expressions on The Closer, Brenda does, it's James Duff's doing . My current favorite is "You matter to me about as much as a June bug in July." I don't remember Sawyer ever saying anything like that, he has his nicknames but those aren't specifically a Southern thing. Have to say that I was wondering if Frances Sternhagen was actually Southern or not, I think not but I really wanna know. I figured Barry Corbin was because it couldn't be a coincidence he talked Southern when he was guest-starring on Ellen too.

Now we know the real reason you like Larrin.

Frances Sternhagen is from Washington DC. Some think it's Southern, but I live near there and honey, it ain't.

I think I've heard Sawyer call people "slick". That's a very Southern thing, along with all the nicknames. My husband still hasn't figured out all my cousins' real names. LOL My whole family calls me "bunny" to this day. Sigh. And ditto on all that about The Closer. Maybe it's because my real name is only one letter different from hers.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congrats on the posting haul FH

Comment

You should totally give The Closer a chance. I highly recommend it. All the characters are treated with respect there, their motto is "character first". You also have intelligent writing, emotional stuff, interesting plots and a sweetheart of a Brenda's love interest, Fritz. Have to mention him. *g* Brenda is a fascinating character with all her complexities, she's brilliant on the work front but is a mess in her personal life, for example, she has a sugar addiction. Season 4 starts on TNT in July, most likely July 7. This show is giving me everything SGA isn't capable of. I hope season 4 remains of the same quality as previous seasons. hm I think TNT should hire me as a member of their marketing team. LOL
                              I think you sold me with that sentence, LOL. I've added season 1 to my Netflix queue, so I will give it a try. I've seen Kyra in a couple films and she impressed me there--she kicks butt at intense drama. I've seen so many recs and suggestions on this thread, I'll probably be trying out different shows for a few years.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Frances Sternhagen is from Washington DC. Some think it's Southern, but I live near there and honey, it ain't.

I think I've heard Sawyer call people "slick". That's a very Southern thing, along with all the nicknames. My husband still hasn't figured out all my cousins' real names. LOL My whole family calls me "bunny" to this day. Sigh. And ditto on all that about The Closer. Maybe it's because my real name is only one letter different from hers.
                              I think you're right that if you aren't from the South, or lived there for awhile, you can't quite tell the different Southern accents apart...at least I can't, not having the opportunity to spend time there. Can you tell from the expressions where in the South someone's from? Like one of my co-workers says "Well, if that doesn't hare-lip Rachel!" when she's suprised about something. I was so confused the first time I heard that.

Congrats, FH.

Comment

And onto 10,000...

Comment

Working...
                                X