Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have always written for Carter in SG1 really well IMHB. Intelligent, great interaction with the other team members, kicks Goauld butt, etc. Although I'd prefer them to stick with just the SGA characters, if that inspires them to explore and write more involved story lines for the other female charcters on SGA that would be great.

Still want Carson though.

Comment

i like the idea of carter going to atlantis but shes a bit big headed for my liking. anyway i sure hope she dosnt go off world with Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
        Come to think of it, I could go for Carson in midriff baring outfits.
        Or better yet, in much, much less than that.
        sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by M2W View Post
          Or better yet, in much, much less than that.
          There's more than one way to "Kirk" a sci fi guy. There's always shredding and/or ripping off his shirt in nearly every episode.

That's one interpretation of a "A female touch" for season 4, anyway.
          sigpic

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music."
          ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I'm welcoming the idea of bringing Carter over to Atlantis, but not as a regular. I think I'd prefer for her to just be a recurring character with spotted appearances. Kinda like Cadman. You see her, she contributes her part to the episode and then that's it. She could appear again 10 episodes later, but the point is that her episode appearances are far apart. Yes, the Atlantis expedition consists primarily of scientists which Carter is so it would make perfect sense for her to be there, but let's be real. Carter represents SG-1 and having her seen too often in Atlantis would step too much on SGA.
            http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/land...nchan2&s=59146
            Shop through Big Crumbs for your online purchases to receive a little bit of your money back.

Comment

I don't mind Carter coming over to SGA, especially since it sounds like it will be a few episodes so it doesn't sound like we'll loose what makes up the show. In other words it won't be a takeover by SG-1 since it won't be on air in episode form. I do mind the fact that Carson's leaving, its great that they are bringing in some new people, but I think the McKay/Carson banter will be missing from the episodes among other things. Another thought that bugs me is that the actors themselves are still getting comfortable with the characters, I know that this will be Atlantis' fourth season, but it will be airing independant this year so maybe they should see how it works with the cast as it, and not make massive changes like taking away a main character that has worked for the last three years.
              Just my two cents.
              Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

I don't mind more female chatacters, It's just that the writers don't seem to be able to create good female characters, Vala is great but I think that's more down to CB's awesomeness...

Comment

Weir, Teyla, Carter, and add Jewel's character. Gee, more for Shep to make out with.

I'd rather have Carson.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

That's just plainly unfounded.

If you want to be cautious, we might as well stop female guest stars from appearing all together.

Well, so much for Kate Hewlett in season 4...

Comment

As upset as I am about losing Carson, it would be nice to see more women doctors--or at least, more women doctors with speaking parts rather than just as set decoration. But I'd rather see Teyla and Weir get the screen time and character development first. Right now, it smacks of simply a grab for that "coveted" male demographic by casting yet another pretty young girl they can put in midriff baring outfits. And I'd much rather have Carson than any other MD, male or female. Come to think of it, I could go for Carson in midriff baring outfits.
                      Agreed on all counts! (except maybe the Carson baring midriff ) And from what I see, there are just as many female viewers as there are male. I'd suggest they stop trying for window dressing and go for substance, if they want to attract more viewers - regardless of gender.

It's a lot of changes all at once, and quite honestly, they're not starting well by sidelining Carson. It could be wonderful; there are ways I could even be reconciled to not seeing Carson as often. I hope it's great, for all involved. But hope, as has been said, is a fragile thing. With feathers, but still fragile. I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]
                      Also agreed. I said on another thread that it's an awful lot of changes all at once. Change is often a good thing, but too much can sink the show - I hope it doesn't though. And I hope my previous post didn't imply that Carson won't be missed! Quite the opposite - I love his character, and the show quite simply won't be the same without him. Not to mention the fanfic - although I suppose we can add him in more when we want to.

Originally posted by M2W View Post
                      McKay/Beckett banter is THE BEST! (With McKay/Zelenka coming in a close second.) I'm not sure how much McKay/Carter I can handle. It's always given me a bit of a headache. (Yes, I know I'm going to have to hear about that one.)
                      You are going to hear about this, yes, but only in support from me! Carter is a wonderful character - on SG1. In Atlantis, they tend to make Rodney appear more stupid to flatter her character, and that is something his character is not. He is awkward, has no social skills or social grace, and can be arrogant and condescending, but he has so much charm as well. The disregard this last in Carter/McKay banter, IMO, and it doesn't work. Not to mention the fact that it alienates many SGA viewers for the above reason, and how that is supposed to help ratings is beyond me.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I don't know. "Pegasus Project" worked pretty well IMO. Personally, I have no problem with Carter being in some SGA eps, as long as it isn't the entire season. As for Carson being booted, that I do have a problem with.
                      (((HUGS))) Once again - well said. Straight to the heart of the matter.
                      sigpic
                      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I don't know. "Pegasus Project" worked pretty well IMO. Personally, I have no problem with Carter being in some SGA eps, as long as it isn't the entire season. As for Carson being booted, that I do have a problem with.
                        As do I. I will dearly miss Carson as will my wife (thank goodness he dosent live near here or I might have a problem ) Personally I won't lete it ruin a great show for me. I was very miffed when Ford left but got used to it and it didnt detract from my enjoyment. As for Carter they have always done her really well on SGA so I'm not worried at all and whether she is on full or part time dosent matter IMO.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

There's more than one way to "Kirk" a sci fi guy. There's always shredding and/or ripping off his shirt in nearly every episode.

That's one interpretation of a "A female touch" for season 4, anyway.
                          Hooray for shredding and/or ripping off shirts! Hooray for it!
                          sigpic

See ya at the con, baby! (L.A. '11) (L.A. '10) (L.A. '09) (Burbank '08) (Burbank '07)

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                            Teyla doesn't get much screen time nowadays and it's not like she's very useful either. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets booted next.
                            They are NOT getting rid of Rachel Luttrell. She's too valuable to Atlantis (Wraith telepathy ) to kill off. And besides, it would send Pierre into apopleptic shock.
                            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                              And I also have no problem with having the commander of Apollo as a main regular or even main cast member. They had just better not push Caldwell and the Daedalus into the background or I will be annoyed!
                              I totally agree with that ! Darren asked Martin Gero about it :

With the arrival of the Apollo and its potentially recurring commander, how does this bode for the Daedalus and its commander, Colonel Steven Caldwell (Mitch Pileggi)? "Mitch is very busy on his new ABC show [Day Break], but the Caldwell character is still very much a part of the Atlantis universe," Gero told GateWorld. "We hope that he'll be able to join us for Season Four."

Yessss !

here's the complete article :

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/1...targate_.shtml

Comment

Oh come on. Once you get a taste of Dr. Kaylee Frye, you'll forget all about that Carson Beckett guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X