X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by englishbloke
    When does The return part 2 air?

Sorry, but it feels like it will be that long. Supposedly in March 2007, or somewhere about then.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I still dearly hope and prey every member of the current main cast makes it to season 4 and beyond! I perfectly enjoy the characters' interactions and really like the team dynamic as it is. Losing any member of the brilliant cast would peeve me off for sure.

Yet, for the rumour mill of the end of season three...
      Spoiler:
      I definitely fear Carson Beckett / Paul McGillion will be written off the show at least for some time to come. (And for sure TPTB have not seen the like of my protest on that matter...)

If that came to pass, I'll certainly tune out, for he is an integral character for the general feeling of the show and the dynamic between the other regulars IMHO. If he's out, I'm out! It's as simple as that.

And since I never liked SG-1 at all, and I just started watching SGA half a year ago and really got hooked, I don't want to see any of the SG-1 characters in Atlantis on a more regular basis, with which I also mean more than five guest appearances. I haven't been very fond of the cross-over episodes either, so I'd rather have Atlantis stand on its own feet and I am very positive that SGA is more than capable of doing so!

Atlantis is a truly wonderful show and I would hate to see it go down just yet!
      But then, I am convinced some people have quite a different perception of what is or is not a good development for the show...
      twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
        I still dearly hope and prey every member of the current main cast makes it to season 4 and beyond! I perfectly enjoy the characters' interactions and really like the team dynamic as it is. Losing any member of the brilliant cast would peeve me off for sure.

Yet, for the rumour mill of the end of season three...
        Spoiler:
        I definitely fear Carson Beckett / Paul McGillion will be written off the show at least for some time to come. (And for sure TPTB have not seen the like of my protest on that matter...)

If that came to pass, I'll certainly tune out, for he is an integral character for the general feeling of the show and the dynamic between the other regulars IMHO. If he's out, I'm out! It's as simple as that.

And since I never liked SG-1 at all, and I just started watching SGA half a year ago and really got hooked, I don't want to see any of the SG-1 characters in Atlantis on a more regular basis, with which I also mean more than five guest appearances. I haven't been very fond of the cross-over episodes either, so I'd rather have Atlantis stand on its own feet and I am very positive that SGA is more than capable of doing so!

Atlantis is a truly wonderful show and I would hate to see it go down just yet!
        But then, I am convinced some people have quite a different perception of what is or is not a good development for the show...
        Alas, your rumor isn't a rumor.

And the thing is that the producers, etc. don't seem to realize (or are ignoring)that there are a lot of fans out there to whom SGA is stargate. These viewers didn't watch SG1, didn't care for it, etc. and it's THIS audience they should be aiming for, not cow-towing to the SG-1-only audience (aka the fans who scream they will not watch SGA no matter what) by foisting SG1 characters onto SGA in guest shot roles.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post

And the thing is that the producers, etc. don't seem to realize (or are ignoring)that there are a lot of fans out there to whom SGA is stargate. These viewers didn't watch SG1, didn't care for it, etc. and it's THIS audience they should be aiming for, not cow-towing to the SG-1-only audience (aka the fans who scream they will not watch SGA no matter what) by foisting SG1 characters onto SGA in guest shot roles.
          I whole-heartedly agree with that, although I was an avid SG1 viewer (before all the cast changes that was). And as TJuk put it so brilliantly...

Originally posted by TJuk View Post

This is SGA, NOT SG1-A.
          Also, so what if Atlantis doesn't have the highest ratings on Skiffy... you can't have all the damn shows having the top spot. As long as they have good viewing figures and aren't bottom of the heap, that should surely be enough? (Although obviously not seeing as they wanna mess around with the regular cast in such a ludicrous fashion.)

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            I am depressingly aware of that, prion.
            But I just thought this wasn't the right thread for ranting or stating things that haven't aired yet, so no one really knows. And before the interview with David Hewlett I thought it was more than cruel of TPTB to let us fans reel in terror without so much as a confirmation!
            *returns to letter writing, letter writing, letter writing...*
            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I NEVER post here. But I read all the time. And here is my two cents on the Issues. We all know what will and wont happen I am not bringing spoilers into my post. However Sg-1 is a dieing show. The Movies will continue it for abit, which I am pleased with.... However there is one person I feel has a RIGHT to be there, because of the Franchise, and because of who he is.

Daniel Jackson, who has been with Stargate from the beginning, DREAMED of going to atlantis, and got to for one ep only. Ever. Give me a Recurring, or even a full time spot, I dont care. However if there is one person who deserves to be there its Daniel. IF you follow the Backstory to Atlantis, then you truely know he belongs. This is the mans line of work, its his wet dream and you know it. You can hate the fact that he was/is on SG1. But their team is going to finish what they started 10 years ago, and the man will want to keep going. If you look at this entire show as Politics, and "Oh Noes, I dont want someone from the 'other' show coming over here..." then you never have fully appreciated a good story.

Your Right, Mitchell, Vala, and Tealc have no right there. I love Tealc to death, but its just not his cup. That doesnt mean that we cant have an earth based episode, where maybe the Asuran's and Wraith get there, and Carter, Jackson, Oneill, and Tealc all band together with Sheppard and the Crew and go kick some serious ass in a two team attack. Would make for a killer episode, and you know if you get the best writers we got on the Sg1-SGA team to do it, it would make for one hell of a 2 parter, topping Mckay and Mrs Miller + Threads. However, as stated, Teal'c is going into Script writing and Directing, which is great, he is a great writer, I wish Chris the best in that department, and I hope that he, or gateworld will let us know when he does something like this, because I will be checking out what he writes.

Some may say I am someone that is a SG1 Fan-boy. That was true until this season. I became an Atlantis Fan-boy just as quick after Mckay and Mrs. Miller. That is the one SGA episode that i said, "You now have what SG1 had in its 3rd season..."A family".

Anyway back to the main point, Send carter over for a few spots, sure. Send Daniel over and give him a story arc. He deserves it. Anyone who has seen stargate the movie, and all from the beginning, he is the one that deserves that spot. You and I know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakal View Post
                That doesnt mean that we cant have an earth based episode, where maybe the Asuran's and Wraith get there, and Carter, Jackson, Oneill, and Tealc all band together with Sheppard and the Crew and go kick some serious ass in a two team attack. Would make for a killer episode,
                Hm. Think you've got something there! I thought Sheppard and O'Neill had really good rapport in Rising, and they were also pretty good together in Return Pt.2.
                Spoiler:
                O'Neill didn't have his team with him in Return, though, and in Pegasus Project only McKay really interacted with SG-1.
                So we haven't really seen the full Atlantis team interact with the full SG-1 team. Granted, that's a lot of characters to have running around, but if, like you suggest, they put the best writers on it, it could be really good!
                Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

You can bet your ass though... that we will definately be seeing Jackson in Atlantis.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                    You can bet your ass though... that we will definately be seeing Jackson in Atlantis.
                    What makes you say that? Michael Shanks has said at recent conventions and in an interview that he hasn't been approached to be on Atlantis at all. He's planning to be in LA in the Spring, looking for work on pilots of new shows. I don't think there is any intention to bring him over, which to me means S4 will not explore Ancient mythology, or any mythology.

Spoiler:
                    His absence was very much felt in Tao of Rodney, where they had to make Weir the expert on Ascension. Er, when did that happen??

With Carter moving over, the techno-babblers will outnumber the 'soft' sciences by a large margin, and that will drive the stories in the techy direction, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                      What makes you say that? Michael Shanks has said at recent conventions and in an interview that he hasn't been approached to be on Atlantis at all. He's planning to be in LA in the Spring, looking for work on pilots of new shows. I don't think there is any intention to bring him over, which to me means S4 will not explore Ancient mythology, or any mythology.
                      That's what I heard on that matter, too.
                      There are, as far as I know (and I'm surely no insider...), no plans to bring him over to Atlantis at all. All the while I agree on his appearence there making some more sense in a way than Carter's in the long run. She's more like a counterpart for Rodney (or rather 'equalpart' ) and I don't think the show needs that (no offence to Amanda Tapping, of course).

Yet, I believe (and hope) we'll see all of our beloved characters back for the next season (and please, the recurring ones too)!

Spoiler for possible character change at the end of Season three:
                      Spoiler:
                      Keep Carson Beckett!!!

And can we see more about Ford, please? At least give his character closure and send him back home to his grandparents.
                      A girl can dream, can't she...
                      Twinchy---
                      sigpic
                      FanFic---------------------------------------------------Twinchy's Lair

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post

Spoiler:
                        His absence was very much felt in Tao of Rodney, where they had to make Weir the expert on Ascension. Er, when did that happen??

With Carter moving over, the techno-babblers will outnumber the 'soft' sciences by a large margin, and that will drive the stories in the techy direction, IMO.
                        I am sad to admit that your right and that it is something I also was a little agrivated with in that episode.

Shanks should have done that one, Period. I know he is looking for others, but I hope that they will bring him in, maybe he will take a year off and come over. However one thing I cant stand, is that your right, I love the techno Babble, but the fear that we will have no voice of reason. Teyla does it, a little. But not enough to make it stick out, she is no jackson.

Everyone looks at these shows as two different shows. I dont, I see it plain as this. Stargate is its own Universe. People are aloud to cross over. Its a Story. It happens in other books where characters meet up. (Spiderman and Wolverine, Drizzt's, for those that know who that is, makes a few appearances in other Forgotten Realms Novel's that he literally just walks by.) You have to see this the way the producers righting storys do, this is a mans life, and that man will want to be there, I know he will. They better have one HELL of an excuse for him not showing up there.

Carter will be an interesting fix though. I am excited to see it. I just hope Daniel gets a few shots. However, with Daniel's future, I dunno. I just thought about his arc. If you know what I mean. I will not even mention the spoiler. You know where to find them. Maybe that is why he wont be joining Atlantis? Will it bring tears to my eyes or Furry and rage? Beats me...

Comment

I vote they do it DS9 style, in two ways. First, maybe, and I stress the maybe, bring in a Worf. I say Carter would work the best, but that's just me. Second, and more importantly, develop a strong recurring character base, probably partially from old SG1 regulars and recurring characters (like Walter). This would strengthen the show, in my opinion. You would have certain characters that would be appropriate in a pinch without having to constantly introduce the audience to new individuals that disappear after one or two episodes. You would have further opportunities for comic relief (like Zelenka and Lorne in The Game). Most importantly though, it would give the series a better feeling of continuity. Season 1 made great use of recurring characters, and it's something I would love to see the writers focus on.

Comment

This is one thing I have to agree on Copernicus, is the use of everyone as recurring characters, the Stargate Universe is just that, a Universe, there are only a select number of people in the actual Stargate Program. They can give others security Clearance, etc. But sometimes it is good to just bring over people from another part of that Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Drakal View Post
                              This is one thing I have to agree on Copernicus, is the use of everyone as recurring characters, the Stargate Universe is just that, a Universe, there are only a select number of people in the actual Stargate Program. They can give others security Clearance, etc. But sometimes it is good to just bring over people from another part of that Universe.
                              Excellent points! If you look at it as a true Universe, where the SGC and Atlantis exist at the same time and have contact with each other, then you have to let the characters do what makes sense for them. So maybe if Weir suffers from depression (Return pt 1), she would go to Earth for treatment. Or if Rodney has a problem he can't solve alone, the Daedulus or Gatebridge would bring Carter over. In reality it would be a fluid thing, IMO. And yes, Daniel is very busy with the Ori, but if/when that threat is eliminated, he would very much want to (finally!) get to Pegasus and stay for a long time.

But I guess the reality of production creeps in. MS didn't sign for 2 years last year like AT did, so he's free to do other things. Or, maybe he's willing but too expensive, or maybe they want someone full time and MS doesn't want a full-time commitment. Or, maybe they don't want a mythological angle on SGA so Daniel wouldn't be a good fit. I think this is a great question for Joe M if he ever does another interview.

Comment

they seem to have a lot of new characters to cram into season four so i doubt that that leaves room for Ford. I doubt that it will leave litle time for the main cast! *ducks projectiles*

Comment

Working...
                                X