First Strike (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hell no

i'd be sick of it if it were the same exact replicator-bugs from SG-1... but the Asurans are a much more powerful adversary... and much more threatening...

the only thing i liked about the repli-bugs more than the asurans was that they physically looked more menacing... bugs... i mean, what's creepier? endless swarms of relentless bugs or angry old men?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      finally!!!!
      TPTB finally let John Sheppard do what he was supposed to do in the FIRST place for Atlantis - use his *ancient* gene.

Originally posted by SG13-NightOps View Post
      Doesnt he do that in the jumpers every other episode? *confused*

I meant he was doing something a bit more *impressive* than simply - just hopping into a jumper and flying around via mind control. Sheppard is more of a natural in the "chair" than anyone else ever was. Plus, he's not afraid of it (meaning, he's not afraid it won't work for him). Carson and Rodney had serious doubts within their own mind about getting the manipulation processes to work with them, nearly every time they sat in the chair. Rodney's skills were genetically manipulated, but it still took some time for him to focus on what he wanted to do or was supposed to do.

Shep doesn't need to concentrate as much as the others. For Shep, mind control of various things in the chair is completely natural -and within his natural abilities and environment- than with most of the others. Plus, it wasn't just shooting off the drone weapons, as he's done in the past. I think he was helping out in flying the Stardrive - I think, and repairing the hole...

However, I'm not totally sure about those things. I haven't spoiled myself by reading all of the previous postings within this topic. I'd have to watch the ep again. I was on the phone so it was difficult to watch video and focus on someone else's conversation about non-Tv stuff at the same time. That's why videotape and DVR's were created - for moments just like that!

I do think Sheppard was so totally focused on saving the city and mostly everyone inside it, that I don't think he was aware of Dr. Weir getting a direct hit. And ouch!! that chunk of glass that Ronan took - that's gotta hurt.

Those of us who believe Sheppard might have other abilities are still waiting to see what other gifts he has... and it's always boggled me about him putting off ascension. I think he's fully capable of it, but I think he also wants to put his other ancient gene gifts to operational use, too, until he feels he's gone as far as he could with this life in human form. Plus, he's got a certain stigma against the rules of the ancients with their non-intervention policies; and *that* is totally understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
        I meant he was doing something a bit more *impressive* than simply - just hopping into a jumper and flying around via mind control. Sheppard is more of a natural in the "chair" than anyone else ever was...

Shep doesn't need to concentrate as much as the others. For Shep, mind control of various things in the chair is completely natural -and within his natural abilities and environment- than with most of the others. Plus, it wasn't just shooting off the drone weapons, as he's done in the past. I think he was helping out in flying the Stardrive - I think, and repairing the hole...
        Those of us who believe Sheppard might have other abilities are still waiting to see what other gifts he has...
        I think additionally, what I first blurted out
        finally!!!!
        TPTB finally let John Sheppard do what he was supposed to do in the FIRST place for Atlantis - use his *ancient* gene.
        is a classic and perfect example of "conditioning". Viewers have been so conditioned into watching Sheppard fly the jumpers along with Rodney, Carson, and whoever else either had a portion of the ancient gene or was injected with it, that such occurrences have basically lost their *magic* touch (of seeing it and reacting with Oooo's and Ahhh's and "wow!'s"). The only time it's usually remembered during those moments, is if someone new is flying the jumper - hmmm, does that person have the gene naturally or were they injected with it??

anyway, regarding the conditioning effect-
        ... I can sort of understand why some folks are tired of Stargate as a program for the same reasons - the newness has worn off. Except, the conditioning effect here is a constant, repetitive action, not a program's story.

... regarding the conditioning effect-
        It's similar to the effects of driving a car or riding a horse. When you first get your driver's license, it's *cool* and scary at times (especially on black ice!), but after 25 years of needing to drive to the store and work - it's no big deal... but a necessity. You've been programmed into driving so much, that it's like operating the fancy features on an electric carpet vacuum, or a cake mixer. Yes, those aren't the same objects, but the principle idea behind them are similar.

The newness of those first few moments have become a distant or blurred memory. So, after months of not seeing Shep, himself in the *ancient* chair and putting it to purposeful use - it was a pleasant surprise to see "HIM" in their personally, with (what I think ended up being) a few additional attractions that went with it.

hope that makes better sense.

Comment

Good. Weir is gone. Thats the first step into making Atlantis into the show it should have been all along. Once again she proves that she has no business leading Atlantis. The difference is that this time, -she's- the one who got hurt instead of others under her command. I bet the Marines are breathing a sigh of relief.

Why was she whining to Teyla before the first strike? It sounded like a child weeping 'they wont do what I tell them, I'm going home, and I'm taking my ball with me'. Only in this case, Weir doesnt have the proverbial ball. She brought nothing of value to the expedition and so her threat of stepping down had no weight behind it. Even Teyla knew that. Her one skill is supposed to be negotiating, and she trots that one out even when it make no sense to. Got a Wraith Queen bent on your desturction? Lets make a deal with her and in the process get a virus stuck in the computer system. How about bunch of replicators who want Earth gone, lets talk to them and once again, get a virus. She should have been replaced 2 years ago, and I for one hope it happens soon.

Next season I expect Atlantis to flourish.

D

Comment

I have a musicvid of First Strike which lasts 3 minutes, and it's First Strike in a nutshell. So, if you don't mind only seeing pictures, you can check it out if you wish.

To catch the episode, I think you either go with ITunes or something less legal.

First Strike in a nutshell
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I have a musicvid of First Strike which lasts 3 minutes, and it's First Strike in a nutshell. So, if you don't mind only seeing pictures, you can check it out if you wish.

To catch the episode, I think you either go with ITunes or something less legal.

Sweet. I made it into your video (when Abe Ellis beams to the planet with his crew, I am the guy to his left that looks around and then nods). I feel special.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
                Sweet. I made it into your video (when Abe Ellis beams to the planet with his crew, I am the guy to his left that looks around and then nods). I feel special.
                That's cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post

Its not everyday when one can use Asgard beaming technology .

Comment

Oh my God oh my God!! I love Unbreakable!!

Great vid!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Great vid!!
                      Glad you like it.

Comment

Very Cool Vid!!!!!
                        It has almost all my favorite scenes in it.
                        "Basically, what I'm saying is that I am colossally flawed, so if you don't like my opinions, exercise your freedoms and disagree. Or, quite frankly, don't read any further, as that is also your right." (Micheal Shanks' TV Guide Blog, May 17, 2007)

Comment

Originally posted by acdj31 View Post
                          Very Cool Vid!!!!!
                          It has almost all my favorite scenes in it.
                          Well, I did try to keep all the important moments so as to get to the nutshell-part. It's the short version of the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                            I didn't like the cocky military dude, they did that in the siege. Is it me or was that the first Black actor playing a Black earth military commander on stargate? About time!
                            Stephen Williams portrayed Lt. General Vidrine in several SG1 episodes - "Tangent," "Absolute Power" and "Enemy Mine."

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by nonniemous View Post
                              What happened to the city that sealed itself up tight in Hot Zone to prevent the spread of the nanovirus? They weren't worried about generating atmosphere in that episode. Everything McKay said about needing the shield for atmosphere can be contradicted by previous episodes.

Lazy writing. Again.
                              In Hot Zone, Atlantis was not in space.

"Sealing" the city while it was on a planet was sufficient to prevent atmosphere from one part of the city circulating to another part of the city. It's a passive defense against the equally pressurized outside atmosphere.

However in First Strike, Atlantis is now in space. It needs the shield to help protect the city against the pressures of the vacuum of space.

Without the shield, the city is vulnerable to the first damaged part of the city that can't withstand the agressive offense of the unequally unpresurized vacuum of space (hoover or dyson, your choice).

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                              SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                              Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                                Stephen Williams portrayed Lt. General Vidrine in several SG1 episodes - "Tangent," "Absolute Power" and "Enemy Mine."

Morjana
                                Don't forget General Maynard in Lost City 2 played by James McDaniel.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X