No announcement yet.

First Strike (320)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But didn't Teyla say something about the Wraith scorching Athos because the Athosians had managed to escape? What if the beam is how the Wraith did it?

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
      But didn't Teyla say something about the Wraith scorching Athos because the Athosians had managed to escape? What if the beam is how the Wraith did it?
      Well, it's possible. But there wasn't any scorching going on in LFP so I'm assuming it's the fuel-thing. I think shooting at the planet, like what the armada did in The Siege III, will result in scorching.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

WOW this ep was really good. not a lot of suspense, coz i was really spoilt, but still was quite engaging.

damn that dr keller though. i was all prepared to not like her, and here she comes being all nice and sweet and not wanting to be a carson replacement and now i like her.

i thought the full circle comment at the end was very sweet, although i felt it was a bit of a precurser to weirs involvement in the explosion.

i was a little annoyed that there wasn't anything for ronon or teyla this ep, and i liked that radek got some screentime.

all in all, it has me seriously wondering what's gonna happen in Adrift, so i'm pleased
        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
        "what?"
        *throat punch*
        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

I am wondering if anyone can help me get a copy of this episode, or more specifically the stunt at the end where the ship blows up. I missed taping it when it was on and can't seem to find out when it will be re-run. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            I am wondering if anyone can help me get a copy of this episode, or more specifically the stunt at the end where the ship blows up. I missed taping it when it was on and can't seem to find out when it will be re-run. I appreciate your help.
            **SPOILER**

Which ship blows up? Are we talking about Atlantis getting shot at with the energy beam?

Comment

Originally posted by Herb View Post
              **SPOILER**

Which ship blows up? Are we talking about Atlantis getting shot at with the energy beam?
              I think so. I don't know the actual story line. I was the stunt double for Torri Higginson for the show and I just know that something huge exploded in her face and Weir got thrown backwards 50 feet and down a flight of stairs in this episode.

Comment

You really should have asked TPTB for more background!

Yes, it was Atlantis that got blasted with is how you/Weir wound up hitting the deck spectacularly.
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

was thinking, what would happen if someone were to fall off of atlantis and onto the shield while they were in space
                  deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

Originally posted by theboywonder View Post
                    was thinking, what would happen if someone were to fall off of atlantis and onto the shield while they were in space
                    That can only happen if gravity is reduced to zero, and even then you'll just float around. Nothing major will happen, unless you start bumping into things, I guess.
                    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 17 May 2007, 01:38 PM.

Comment

uhhh when theres gravity u can still fall over railings....
                      deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

uhhh when theres gravity u can still fall over railings....
                        Falling downward, not upward (gravity pulls you down). And I'm seriously confusing myself here cause when the city is upside down or on its side Newton's apple will still fall downwards, not upwards. Goddess, I'm hoping that's right. You'd hit the deck, not the shield. And yes, I know the shield is a bubble but the way the city is constructed (as far as I can tell by the provided imagery) if you go over the railing of a balcony, you'll hit the deck below.

Comment

no u wouldnt... ford fell into the ocean in the siege, since the ocean is no longer there u would fall into space towards the shield
                          deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

no u wouldnt... ford fell into the ocean in the siege, since the ocean is no longer there u would fall into space towards the shield
                            Yeah, but remember he was blasted off the balcony, which means he actually didn't fall straight down.

I have to have another look at how the shield is constructed. Didn't they step out on a balcony in Progeny (I think it was, the episode where they first meet the Asurans) and they were in space with the shield around the Asuran city. So, that would mean there's a breathable atmosphere inside the bubble. Which means the only thing that happens when you do happen to fall and hit the shield below would be that the fall kills you.

I don't really know... I'm just speculating. It is a valid question.

Comment

mmm yeah the fall alone is probably so high ud die on impact anyway...
                              deviantArt

Favorite

Newest

Comment

mmm yeah the fall alone is probably so high ud die on impact anyway...
                                Could we please throw someone/something off a balcony and see what would happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X