Vengeance (319)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joebags View Post
    I've thought of doing the drinking game every time Teyla's upper half was front and center, but I don't think I'd make it to the 2nd commercial.

I've never seen Shep shirtless, or even exposing chest, but then I don't exactly look for it. If Teyla was covered a bit more without the camera hitting us over the head that she is female, she would be much sexier.

The phoney bugs weren't that bad, but I don't expect perfection with a TV show that has a limited budget, but I wish Michael had a bit more development. He wasn't as interesting as I expected him to be.
    So I guess that means you didn't see Thirty-Eight Minutes or Epiphany? Nice pics of John's chest. Or maybe I was looking for it, hence the reason I saw it; no no, it was pretty blatant in the scene. I'm more partial to a future pic with more than McKay's shoulders like in Duet.

As for Teyla, I don't notice, I was all about the bug in the chest shot. That bug looked cool walking up her body. I don't see anything about her chest taking away from her appeal. She's a beautiful woman and as such she has a right to expose whatever she chooses and how she chooses. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman no matter what. Some people say that less is more, but that's something cultural. There are many cultures in todays society where women wear no clothing or as little as possible, while there are others where woman wear clothing up to their necks and cover their face. I could care either way.

I look at her attire as something paticular to her taste and her culture, as most styles of clothing are; that being said, her clothing or lack there of mean nothing, unless I get a weird pleasure out of focusing on it in every scene just in hopes of seeing her chest. Or maybe it's because I have a set of my own that I care so little about it on others. I'm more interested in seeing the body parts I don't have...tongue in cheek

I loved Mike...he was great as is, and I think he definitely opened the doors to more stories and more moments with him.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      As for Teyla, I don't notice, I was all about the bug in the chest shot. That bug looked cool walking up her body. I don't see anything about her chest taking away from her appeal. She's a beautiful woman and as such she has a right to expose whatever she chooses and how she chooses. A beautiful woman is a beautiful woman no matter what.

I look at her attire as something paticular to her taste and her culture, as most styles of clothing are; that being said, her clothing or lack there of mean nothing, unless I get a weird pleasure out of focusing on it in every scene just in hopes of seeing her chest.
      In 38 Minutes Shep was getting a nice chest shock to save his life. A lot different than parading around like a dom all the time.

Oh, come on. You act like Teyla is a real person. The writers have her boobs front and center at least once a week, and its done to attract us guys, most of whom don't really care. We'd rather see Shep and Ronon shooting stuff (like bugs!) The writers certainly don't care about Teyla's culture. You just can't stand to have anyone not bow down to Great Goddess Super Woman new breed Teyla. Not everyone likes her. <snip>
      Last edited by Skydiver; 02 February 2007, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Let's keep this thread to the topic at hand, which is the episode. If Teyla's costume is such an issue, perhaps folks would like to start a thread to discuss it in
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, overall, I enjoyed this episode. I can't wait to see where things go from here.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
            I'm a girl, and I agree.

And really, there is a practical side to it. To put it simply, the bug needs skin. What's the threat of the bug biting into a big old chunk of tac vest? That thing is so big on Teyla, imagine her lying down in it. Her head would be straining to stick out of the thing like a floundering turtle on its back.

(We do see her lying in the thing in Phantoms and again, the turtle image comes to mind).

The image is not nearly as threatening as it is when we see her exposed neck.
            Thank you. I was afraid I was being a "boob" so to speak. Nice to see a "girls" opinion.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

This was a great stand alone episode. I really enjoyed it.
              My favs:

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Hmmm, overall, I enjoyed this episode. I can't wait to see where things go from here.
                That's what I've been saying for a while now. This can lead to some great stuff in future. Plus, I'd love to see some really great development on those bugs, and this is as I mentioned about how long they remain under the control of Michael---meaning what happens when they develop a mind of their own. Because they ingested so much human DNA and since we dont' know how how much more of human DNA becomes a part of them; especially with more refined tests by Michael---would they turn. If they do, we'd have an entirely separate breed that could create a sort of hive set up, the drones or army and the leaders of the army (the more advanced and accomplished tests).

I'd personally like to see these bugs against not only Atlantis but definitely across the Wraith. As I had mentioned before, Michael seems to have created the bugs as his own defense agaisnt both humans and wraith...imagine the battle between these things and the wraith. This is what made this ep cool, just the unknown complications, action, and storyline this could lead too. And the premise of Weir's guilt probably overshadowing her already questionable executive decisions, could lead to a good amount of story for her, not only the team. I already felt this was a great ep for Ronon, but one only notices if you're looking for those things. Much like Common Ground being a John story, but I felt it was fantastic for Weir, and definitely with a little something there for McKay/Ronon.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                Let's keep this thread to the topic at hand, which is the episode. If Teyla's costume is such an issue, perhaps folks would like to start a thread to discuss it in
                Spoiler:
                Hmmm, good premise but let's not Sky, I wasn't around for it, but I was directed to the thread that was started on her clothing and it turned into direct bashing that was far from a joke...then it strayed when people were called on what they said, mods included. We'd just be stuck in a cyclical situation.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                  Are you speaking to me? Because if you are, apparently we can't, since you not only bothered to answer me but to also quote, Luz?. That being said, you quoted her and disagreed with her statement proving that she was incorrect that Teyla just 'ran' over the log in Rising2. She as you even agreed to say jumped. As for any athletic person doing that might be the case, but watch John behind her, he was running behind her and he ran over the log, didn't jump it. You can see she jumped, and of course with the use of strings, but it was done with the same affect. My point then has been made. You can say athletic, because I'll agree to that, but since John who I find to be very athletic and in the same situation didn't do that, but Teyla did, I put that down to her abilities.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  I just cannot allow this to stand. I was agreeing with Luz, not disagreeing. It's pretty hard to run over a log that big without at least a little jump. John's legs are longer, thus he did not need to jump as high as Teyla. As I saw it, anyone who was running that fast could clear a log with a good sized jump that was in no way supernatural. Strings? Maybe you saw something I didn't. If we all agree that Teyla is the epitome of superhuman strength, grace and beauty, can we drop this now?
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by joebags View Post
                    .... Great Goddess Super Woman new breed Teyla ...
                    There you are. Glad we have that settled.

Although she's probably not "new" to the Pegasus, just to the Earthers.

Watched again and decided I'm okay with a goddess superwoman calling to the team for help. I read somewhere that recognizing one's limitations is a sign of greatness.

Being tied up qualifies as a limitation.

Uh, after some persuasion, I'm reversing my opinion on Sheppard's T-shirts.

Distract me.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I just cannot allow this to stand. I was agreeing with Luz, not disagreeing. It's pretty hard to run over a log that big without at least a little jump. John's legs are longer, thus he did not need to jump as high as Teyla. As I saw it, anyone who was running that fast could clear a log with a good sized jump that was in no way supernatural. Strings? Maybe you saw something I didn't. If we all agree that Teyla is the epitome of superhuman strength, grace and beauty, can we drop this now?
                      ~sigh~ I decided the best way to explain my point is to requote you...
                      Originally posted by Luz
                      She didn't, it's on the scene where Sheppard and her are running through the woods after the wraith arrive, there is this small mound, Teyla runs over it. It's understandable that someone would get confused since the scene is very dark, but I just watched it, and no, she doesn't fly or jump, or whatever, she just runs over it.
                      As for the running, they were all running fast, if running fast is a super power then all the athosians have it. *lol*
                      This is the quote from Luz saying that she watched the Teyla jumping scene in question and giving her opinion. I also just rewatched it in slow motion backwards and forwards. She jumps over what I believe to be a log, but in no way can I tell that the height of her jump is anything any reasonably athletic young person running for her life couldn't do.

Now can we please stop nitpicking every opinion that might disagree with yours and get back to discussing Vengeance?This is the quote from Luz saying that she watched the Teyla jumping scene in question and giving her opinion. I also just rewatched it in slow motion backwards and forwards. She jumps over what I believe to be a log, but in no way can I tell that the height of her jump is anything any reasonably athletic young person running for her life couldn't do.

Now can we please stop nitpicking every opinion that might disagree with yours and get back to discussing Vengeance?
                      Should I rest my case?! You say you're agreeing with her, but you contradict what she says, because Luz specifically says---as you quoted that Teyla RUNS over it, "she doesn't fly or jump, or whatever, she runs over it."(Luz) But just to point out again, you said she jumps, over and over again...all in bold/red.

I'll answer the other questions, but hmmm...I don't know if it's worth it after the above. John has longer legs? I'm trying to figure what longers legs have to do with it. First you say an athletic person, now it's down to height. How tall is Teyla she's not a 'little person' or primordial that she'd need to jump over the log. She could have used it as a form of producing momentum but instead she jumps over it. Again the height in her jump and the way she jumped looked awkward to me, hence my usage of strings, but that's just me; I don't intend everyone to see the same that as similar, but she did jump and you said as much.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------

Did I make people feel pressure that they MUST agree that Teyla is this and that? Hardly, since I've been known to criticize Teyla's character. But if you believe she's the epitome ofo such, how can I argue... She is hot, can dial a gate, understands McKay's babbling (without translations), and she can kick some butt, I like her.

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post
                      There you are. Glad we have that settled.

Although she's probably not "new" to the Pegasus, just to the Earthers.

Watched again and decided I'm okay with a goddess superwoman calling to the team for help. I read somewhere that recognizing one's limitations is a sign of greatness.

Being tied up qualifies as a limitation.

Uh, after some persuasion, I'm reversing my opinion on Sheppard's T-shirts.

Distract me.
                      LOL, sorry I found this entire statement hilarious.
                      Last edited by vaberella; 03 February 2007, 09:50 AM. Reason: Had to edit a sentence, didn't make sense.

Comment

*omg* Some people don't let a poor dead horse lie, *eyeroll* loved Rodney's lesson, he looked ten years old, so cute.
                        Last edited by Luz; 03 February 2007, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                          *omg* Some people don't let a poor dead horse lie, *eyeroll* loved Rodney's lesson, he looked ten years old, so cute.
                          Oops, sorry to misquote you hon. You say run. I say jump. Either way, I'm just . lol

And that fight scene with Rodney was the best. Loved his outfit. The yellow belt was a nice touch. Ronon seemed to be trying his best not to hurt him. And loved how Mom and Dad came to see what the boys were up to.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Mom and Dad were cuteness, plus they were busy with something else Hey its part of the episode I can say that. lol.

*runs away*
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Oops, sorry to misquote you hon. You say run. I say jump. Either way, I'm just . lol

And that fight scene with Rodney was the best. Loved his outfit. The yellow belt was a nice touch. Ronon seemed to be trying his best not to hurt him. And loved how Mom and Dad came to see what the boys were up to.
                              Don't worry, I know you were only trying to help. And yeah, that scene looked like Sheppard and Weir picking up their ten year old from gym class, teh cuteness.

Comment

Rodney/Ronon scene was hilarious, Rodney's expression when we first see he's the one fighting with Ronon. *lol* Thanks Carl Binder for that! Now there's only Elizabeth left to train sparring. I know! John should teach her!
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X