The Ark (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
    thanks ok so Snickers and water bottle...what's that blue thing?
    I thought that was a snickers wrapper.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

I thought that was the worst Atlantis ep to date, other than the escape from the 'moon' it was utter crap imo.

I noticed the Snickers wrapper too, surely it was an intentional goof?

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom View Post
        You can tell the producers thought this episode was lacking in the gripping department because they used the tired old flash-forward-to-brink-of-jeapordy and then go "eight hours back" to start the story.

Its a cheap way to give the boring scenes inbetween this and when we get back to it a kind of weight because you know something bad is going to eventually happen.

But we ALWAYS know this in episodic television, and here it just seems like a last-minute edit room patch on a script that just didn't have it (I agree its a rehash of the 'save the remnants of the civilization' we've seen before).

I'm not ready to give up on SGA yet though.
        Well, this last minute edit patch actually appeared in writing in the very first draft. I wanted to open the show with a little bit of Vertigo -- jump right into the action, then start to reveal the layers that led to that moment. If you felt it was cheap, that's cool...but it was scripted not patched in during editing.

Comment

Meh, sorta half good, but overall bad. It felt very disjointed, it didn't flow, we're thrown into this place, how'd we find it? We just are suddenly exploring random space station on rock, power it on, people go crazy, omg we're going to fire the engines...wait, the engines are pointed at what? the space station? that makes no sense. It gets all mucked up and we lose a jumper for no good reason, why'd we have to lose the jumper? the station was still broken and the same fixes were necessary for the second jumper to dock...just seemed like an excuse to get more people there?

It just didn't flow very nicely and was kind of boring really...the re-entry part was obviously predictable, you know he's not going to die on landing, but come on, a few injuries please. Then not getting to see what happens to the people, or the rematerializing, just the reset button is pressed and everyone is home in atlantis again.

And uhm MORAL ISSUE...why did nobody seem to care that they killed all their own people with nukes?!?!?! They nuked the damn planet, knowing damn well that only the people on the shuttle would have survived and nobody else. That's horrible...stand together and fight, don't just go homocidal on everyone!

Lousy episode, some good moments, but lousy.

Comment

This episode had some nice character moments & the score was awesome but overall it was boring

Comment

so it's that bad eh?? i shall not go with you lot till i see the episode and ive liked every episode of SG-1 n Atlantis to date.

Comment

Originally posted by ken_is_here View Post
                Well, this last minute edit patch actually appeared in writing in the very first draft. I wanted to open the show with a little bit of Vertigo -- jump right into the action, then start to reveal the layers that led to that moment. If you felt it was cheap, that's cool...but it was scripted not patched in during editing.
                I always like those openers though...call me lame...but I like seeing how that moment unfolds throughout the episode, no matter how slow paced it is.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                  I always like those openers though...call me lame...but I like seeing how that moment unfolds throughout the episode, no matter how slow paced it is.
                  Same here.
                  Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Am I the only one that wants to see & fight to the death ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
                      so it's that bad eh?? i shall not go with you lot till i see the episode and ive liked every episode of SG-1 n Atlantis to date.
                      Well, you'll also find that several of us rather enjoyed it.
                      sigpic
                      My Fanfiction: fanfiction.net ** My LJ (Art and Fanfiction): SGAFan LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                        Am I the only one that wants to see & fight to the death ?

LOL! Loved that bit!

I also loved Rodney's wanting to keep on trying to save them even after Lorne shown up. The way he kind of muttered, "we leave no man behind," was just so adorable. Great character moment for Rodney.
                        Sig by Mayra~many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LoveConquers View Post
                          LOL! Loved that bit!
                          I hope the writers remember that bit they could have fun with it. Like in a future episode & could get stuck somewhere & all hope is lost & brings up that still owes him a fight & & get ready to fight then help arrives before the first punch is given

Comment

Originally posted by ken_is_here View Post
                            I stand corrected.

No offense, but it did seem like an over-used device that wasn't respecting the story on its own merits. I actually think the episode would have been fine or perhaps even more mysterious feeling if we didn't have the flash-forward. My amatuer opinion!

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that line Rodney had about using a Mac.

"Unfortunately, the computer froze. It was completely locked up. Probably should have used a Mac."
                              Little grin and a head bob. That was so funny! Even though Stargate seems to be a Dell shop, I know David Hewlett personally uses a Mac. I wonder if that was written in or an ad lib that stuck.

My kind of guy:
                              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Macs are LOVE.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X