The Ark (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked this ep!

Gave me a few tense moments. I liked the scene showing Sheppard offering to fight Ronon to the death, made me giggle and broke the tension a little for me. I also really liked the fact that Sheppard risked his own life to save a member of his team, a very JS thing to do.

The last scene was fab, nice way to end it.

IMHO all in all a good ep.

Comment

Fun episode. I loved Rodney's reactions to the space debris coming toward the window. It was right on. I would have reacted exactly the same way.

Their space shuttle must have tiles that stay on better than ours. As improbable as it was, the shuttle landing, and the build up to it were entertaining.
      Last edited by Hatusu; 18 May 2007, 07:08 PM.
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Definitely a good episode. Not the best this season or anything, but entertaining.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I watched this with my 15 year old son, who gave commentary all the way through that kept me snickering with comments such as,

"Wow, they are all stored in the computer just like that SG1 episode Lifeboat."

"How many hours of that guy opening hatches are we gonna sit through?"

"How many scenes of people sitting around, waiting for rescue are we going to sit through?"

"How long are we going to watch Rodney close hatches?"

"Can I flip to G4 now?"

"Ooooh, old dude grabbed Teyla's gun! Come on, he's severely injured, she can't use her super warrior skills to knock that gun outta his hand?

"Gee, he wants to kill himself, and everyone else, just like the first idiot."

"How does Sheppard know how to fly an alien ship that he's never seen before?"

"Sheppard survived? Yeah, right."

His comment at the end was:

"Well, that was lame, and I missed Ninja Warrior."

That says it all.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
            I watched this with my 15 year old son, who gave commentary all the way through that kept me snickering with comments such as,

"How many scenes of people sitting around, waiting for rescue are we going to sit through?"

"Can I flip to G4 now?"

"Ooooh, old dude grabbed Teyla's gun! Come on, he's severely injured, she can't use her super warrior skills to knock that gun outta his hand?

That says it all.
            LOL thats funny because I'm 15 and I was thinking similar things. I absoluterly hate Sheppard flying the shuttle. I understand hes a pilot but did you see him swinging around in the pilot chair pressing all those buttons, "I'm switching to backups", how would he know how to do that? The episode was entertaining but annoying and improbable.

Originally posted by Hatusu View Post
            Their space shuttle must have tiles that stay on better than ours. As improbable as it was, the shuttle landing, and the build up to it were entertaining.
            Yea our shuttles stink, *sighes*.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
              LOL thats funny because I'm 15 and I was thinking similar things. I absoluterly hate Sheppard flying the shuttle. I understand hes a pilot but did you see him swinging around in the pilot chair pressing all those buttons, "I'm switching to backups", how would he know how to do that? The episode was entertaining but annoying and improbable.

Yea our shuttles stink, *sighes*.
              My son said the same thing! "How the hell does he know where the backup is? And those panels can't be in English!" *ROTFLMAO*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Cool!

I hate how he can fly Darts also, at least it showed him learning how to fly that a little. The funniest thing is that the shuttle had buttons that were only little blue dots. Theres no way he could have flied that. Maybe if he just turned it on and moved it, but he was activating backup systems and taking off from a station...I don't think so.

Comment

Alright episode, but we keep getting more and more to see how selfish of a person Sheppard is. He wouldn't save 1000 people but he would save Teyla. He demonstrated this exactly in Sateda where he was willing to risk everyone on the Daedalus for Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                    He demonstrated this exactly in Sateda where he was willing to risk everyone on the Daedalus for Ronon.
                    How did he risk the Daedalus again?

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                      How did he risk the Daedalus again?

The gate on Sateda had been destroyed and the Orion was destroyed in the season opener, leaving the Daedalus to reach it. But Sheppard had no problem risking everyone on the ship against a hive ship to save Ronon.

Comment

Shep is just being consistent, "We don't leave our people behind", remember?

Besides, you just want Caldwell to take over.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

True, I wouldn't mind seeing Caldwell take over, but I wouldn't mind Col Ellis or some other COMPETENT CO to take over the military expedition. I just find it funny he is willing to risk 1000's of lives. He has been doing this since Season 1.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Yea, I got tired of hearing that. It only sounds cool and inspiring once, maybe twice. After like 5 times....only Hermiod saying it would have sounded cool at that point.

Comment

Eh? That doesn't make it any less true.

I would've made the same decision as him.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

"Can I flip to G4 now?"

That says it all.
                                Hahaha, that was more entertaining than the episode. Which I saw months ago, well I saw parts of it. I got bored.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X